XB1 - The Press Area | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 The Press Area

Wizard

1-time AOR XB1 GT3 Pro Champion
Mar 20, 2014
Great presentation @Joe XD ;)
I like you analysis for Road America

and....Smithy has said that he is only looking to beat his team-mate and rival Joe XD throughout the season, the question is, can he do it?...Ron Dennis is not happy :p :p :p

Reactions: CallumBCFC19

Joe XD

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 8, 2014
Hello everyone! Apologies for not being about the last couple of days/throughout the week, been super busy at work, working close to (unexpected) 12 hour shifts everyday so just not had the energy to come home and work on the press stuff. I'll have some time tomorrow night to write the preview for the next race and do a very brief podium interview with the guys within that so you get both. When it's done I'll post it as I promised this would be kept up :)

Cheers lads,

Joe

Joe XD

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 8, 2014
It better be good.;)
I've done my best with the time I had, might not be as good as the first week's as I've just not had the time to study the track and keep up to date with what's going on. And with this week's being a 'fictional' circuit it's slightly more difficult. Be Grateful! ;)

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
I've done my best with the time I had, might not be as good as the first week's as I've just not had the time to study the track and keep up to date with what's going on. And with this week's being a 'fictional' circuit it's slightly more difficult. Be Grateful! ;)
I know you do, I would love to read it. Doesn't matter how much time you have had.:)

Reactions: Joe XD

Joe XD

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 8, 2014

Good evening everyone and welcome to the race preview for round 4 of the XB1 GT3 Pro Championship.

Last-time-out:

In a thrilling race at the tricky and fast Road America circuit, the Aston Martin of Adam Tierney proved his night-racing skills were king as he brought home Aston Martin’s second win of the season from 4th place on the grid. He was closely followed home by the two FTW drivers, ensuring that the same 3 drivers would stand on the podium for the second week in row.

Here's what they had to say about their races:

@Adam Tierney - I really enjoyed it. I like the cooler conditions at night, you can push and not have to worry about overheating tyres.

@FTW XtremeStorm - The first night race was a different experience. The car handled a lot differently because of the temperature of the track but I managed to get to the finish with another podium.

@FTW ShadowDemon - I enjoyed it right up till about 5 laps to go when my tyres went off and I had to pit.

My dark-horse for the race Dejager ran into difficulties and failed to finish, alongside another top 5 hopeful orange tiger and RUF driver Stubborngymnast.

The Race:

This week we are off to Japan, and the Suzuka clone of Sakitto GP. Extra pressure is also piled on with a first sector full of fast corners and a final sector of high-speed straights before tough braking zones, this long race will test the driver’s tuning skills as well as strategy, with fuel being a major talking point once again along with tyre compound.

Let’s take a look at each of the drivers and work out who is looking strong heading into this race, and which of the teams are starting to emerge as the strongest.

RUF

@iStuntZx
- Form: DNS, 10th, 9th. -

It hasn’t been the greatest start to a season for stuntz, coming off the back of a strong championship finish in season 1, so far he seems to have struggled after finishing in the bottom half of the top 10 in both of his races so far this season. However, this track has a couple of techincal high-speed sections, and a good balanced car such as the RUF should be stronger around this circuit.

@StubbornGymnast
- Form: DNS, 9th, DNF -

Like his team-mate Gymnast has also been struggling. Whether this is because he is still getting to grips with his car, or just trying to get a clean race in. After failing to finish in the last round he was quoted saying ‘his wheel was doing very strange stuff’ - we don’t know if this is a persistent issue the Dutchman is struggling with or a one-off.

This team really needs some luck to go further in this championship, will the 4th Round provide that? Or will the floppy results continue?

BMW Z4s

@FTW XtremeStorm
- Form: DNS, 2nd, 2nd -

Well, certainly pretty consistent start so far for the Brit finishing in second place in both of his opening races - therefore leaving him just 5 points off the championship lead. He will certainly be looking to improve a little more in Sakitto, but is certainly well aware of the challenge he faces in doing so after I asked him how he rated his chances for victory in future races: “Anything could happen there is a lot of races left to go and there is some quick drivers on the grid”.

@LONEST4R BK
- Form: 5th, DNS, DNS -

Since the first round at Hockenheim we haven’t heard a lot from Lonestar, has he done a runner despite finishing in 5th place in the opening round? Highly unlikely. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer before we see Lonestar return to the grid, as he can certainly shake up that top 5.

@Paclik46
- Form: 6th, DNF, DNS -

What can I say about Paclik? Not too much really as we haven’t seen too much of him, especially on the circuit. His only finish this season comes from the opening round at Hockenheim, being lapped 7 times after running into issues. However, the Czech’s qualifying pace shows promise as a consistent top 10 driver, like all of his teammates he is part of a strong line-up that could easily dominate the field, providing connection issues doesn’t mess anything up. As we know though, anything can happen.

@Dejaeger22
- Form: 1st, 7th, DNF -

The winner of round 1 is starting to lose his mojo. The Belgian currently sits 15 points away from the championship lead and really should be closer than that. We all know he is fast, but a spin and strategy error at Donington Park cost him a certain top 5 finish. However, is his general pace on par with the current leaders in the championship just above him? It’s difficult to say as the races are now busier than the first round, and potentially traffic is something that he struggles with.

It all started on a high for BMW Z4 crew this season, with one of their cars winning the opening round on home-turf. Since though, things haven’t been looking too good, slowly spiraling towards the bottom-end of the field. They certainly need a pick-me-up, but can any of the drivers step up to the plate and provide it?

BMW M3

@Orange Tiger NL
- Form: 2nd, 5th, DNF -

Handicapped from the start, Tiger has certainly made an impression within this season’s field of drivers in his BMW. It’s a car that’s proven to be slower than those of his competitors, and it’s very impressive to see him 5th in the championship, just 16 points off the leader. After bad luck in Road America, he’ll be looking to bounce back in this week’s race and ensure that he stays in that top 5.

MERCEDES

@Devastation
- Form : DNS, 8th, 5th -

Despite not making the initial round, devastation has managed to score himself some decent points in his independent mercedes team. Obviously, at this time, Mercedes are unlikely to challenge for the manufacturer’s title, although consistent points finishes from devastation can certainly spring a surprise. Having said that, although he sits 35 points behind the championship leader, those consistent finishes will certainly bring him close to the top in what is an incredibly competitive field. His car should be strong around this circuit, with the entire third sector consisting of long straights and a hard braking zone, I’m getting the feeling that we may see the Mercedes on the podium this week.

ASTON MARTIN

@FTW ShadowDemon
- Form: DNS, 1st, 3rd -

Two podiums into his two-race GT3 career, Shadow Demon leads the championship by just a single point to his team-mate Adam Tierney. After the two battled it out for the win last-time-out in the States, the Sakitto circuit will certainly test who is the more consistent of the two, with only small amounts of room for error - any mistake will valuable time and certainly positions. Strategy lost him the win last week, will he make the same mistake and risk losing the lead in the championship? Who knows, not everyone learns their lesson. Although when we spoke to him after last week’s race concerning his title chances, he’s not giving anything away: I think I have a good chance but there are some fast guys that will make them good races.

@Adam Tierney
- Form: DNF, 3rd, 1st -

A single point separates Tierney from championship leader and team-mate ShadowDemon, the same results mean there is not much to split between these two drivers, but Tierney is still looking to make up for lost but certain podium finish in Hockenheim. If he’d finished, this table would be totally different at this stage. Like his fellow title challengers, he’s not giving anything away as far as he rates his chances in the hunt for that elusive championship trophy. Hopefully I can pick up a couple more wins this season and we'll see how far that takes me in the championship.

@The Genius
- Form: DNS, 4th, 4th -

He calls himself the ‘Genius’ but when he makes his fellow racers place bets on how many times he’ll spin during a race each week, it doesn’t give you much confidence in his driving capabilities. Having said that, the Genius has snuck under the radar as far as stand-out performances are concerned finishing 4th both times, and it’s likely he would have made the podium in Road America if it hadn’t of been for an incident. Can he keep these performances up though? Well, it is of course possible, but with a lot of confident racers traditionally in the bottom-half of the field looking to score big this week, I stand by my prediction of him spinning 5883732781999227 times.

@Rearwing
- Form: DNF, 11th, 10th -

It’s been another tricky start to the season for the final Aston driver. Having said that, both times he has finished, they’ve been points finishes, more than enough to contribute to the team’s ambitions to win the manufacturer's title. However, he did show promise in some of the later races of the season in season 1, maybe we’ll see the same again this season? I certainly hope so!

Aston Martin currently seem to be the favourites for the manufacturer’s title, with two of the fastest drivers in the field and those who can score points in every race, vital factors of winning that championship. It should be a strong week for them!

McLAREN

@t3hmightymidg3t
- Form: DNS, DNS, 8th -

In his own words, it was a disappointing debut for the mighty midget in Road America, despite finishing 8th, which considering his circumstances and the competitive field, is a very good result. There’s not a lot I can say about him, as a laggy debut isn’t really something you can judge a driver’s skills on, I guess we will see what he really can do in this upcoming race.

@Smithycity99
- Form: DNS, DNS, 6th -

The second new driver at McLaren alongside Wizard, Joe XD and Midget is Season 1 McLaren driver Smithy. He only aims for the season are to beat close rival and team-mate Joe, and objective he accomplished after the S1 runner-up failed to make it to the grid last time out. A 6th place is a very promising start to his Season 2 career, and he’ll be looking to improve on that result in Sakitto, but that will be a tough challenge on a difficult circuit and the high tyre wear on the McLaren, having said that, Smithy knows how to save his tyres.

@Wizard
- Form: 4th, DNS, 7th -

The Italian and Season 1 Champ made a return this week after missing out at Donington, most likely recovering from the post-traumatic-stress after he lost his podium finish on the final lap of the opening round to his team-mate Joe. Sakitto is certainly a circuit which promotes patience when passing, with not many obvious overtaking opportunities. Generally setting up his car with more top-speed than downforce, he may find himself struggling at the start of the race with a heavy car on a track with plenty of fast direction changes. However, he may take a different approach to this race and go for a high-downforce setup. Who knows.

@Joe XD
- Form: 3rd, 6th, DNS -

It’s been a decent start to the season for Joe. After coming back to clinch the final podium position in the opening round, it’s been pretty consistent so far for the Brit. Disappointed to miss out in Road America, he will be looking to gain back those lost points this week and re-take the positions he lost in the title race. Certainly not the fastest driver on the field, he will be looking to capitalize on mistakes made by the other drivers, especially around such an unpredictable circuit.

The One-to-watch:

The Genius - My dark horse for this week has to be the Genius. He has been pretty invisible so far, despite his strong and consistent finishes. His consistency combined with the all-round strong performance of the Aston Martin, should see him do well in this week’s race in Japan, unless the pressure is too much for him, and he spins 5883732781999227 times.

Here's my top 5 for this week! (Under pressure ;) )

1. Adam Tierney
2. The Genius
3. FTW Xtreme Storm
4. FTW Shadow Demon
5. Wizard

Good luck everyone and see you on track!
[DOUBLEPOST=1440535824][/DOUBLEPOST], edited the one to watch section as I said Genius is in the Merc :p

Last edited:

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Good evening everyone and welcome to the race preview for round 4 of the XB1 GT3 Pro Championship.

Last-time-out:

In a thrilling race at the tricky and fast Road America circuit, the Aston Martin of Adam Tierney proved his night-racing skills were king as he brought home Aston Martin’s second win of the season from 4th place on the grid. He was closely followed home by the two FTW drivers, ensuring that the same 3 drivers would stand on the podium for the second week in row.

@Adam Tierney - I really enjoyed it. I like the cooler conditions at night, you can push and not have to worry about overheating tyres.

@FTW XtremeStorm - The first night race was a different experience. The car handled a lot differently because of the temperature of the track but I managed to get to the finish with another podium.

@FTW ShadowDemon - I enjoyed it right up till about 5 laps to go when my tyres went off and I had to pit.

My dark-horse for the race Dejager ran into difficulties and failed to finish, alongside another top 5 hopeful orange tiger and RUF driver Stubborngymnast.

The Race:

This week we are off to Japan, and the Suzuka clone of Sakitto GP. Extra pressure is also piled on with a first sector full of fast corners and a final sector of high-speed straights before tough braking zones, this long race will test the driver’s tuning skills as well as strategy, with fuel being a major talking point once again along with tyre compound.

Let’s take a look at each of the drivers and work out who is looking strong heading into this race, and which of the teams are starting to emerge as the strongest.

RUF

@iStuntZx

It hasn’t been the greatest start to a season for stuntz, coming off the back of a strong championship finish in season 1, so far he seems to have struggled after finishing in the bottom half of the top 10 in both of his races so far this season. However, this track has a couple of techincal high-speed sections, and a good balanced car such as the RUF should be stronger around this circuit.

@StubbornGymnast

Like his team-mate Gymnast has also been struggling. Whether this is because he is still getting to grips with his car, or just trying to get a clean race in. After failing to finish in the last round he was quoted saying ‘his wheel was doing very strange stuff’ - we don’t know if this is a persistent issue the Dutchman is struggling with or a one-off.

This team really needs some luck to go further in this championship, will the 4th Round provide that? Or will the floppy results continue?

BMW Z4s

@FTW XtremeStorm

Well, certainly pretty consistent start so far for the Brit finishing in second place in both of his opening races - therefore leaving him just 5 points off the championship lead. He will certainly be looking to improve a little more in Sakitto, but is certainly well aware of the challenge he faces in doing so after I asked him how he rated his chances for victory in future races: “Anything could happen there is a lot of races left to go and there is some quick drivers on the grid”.

@LONEST4R BK

Since the first round at Hockenheim we haven’t heard a lot from Lonestar, has he done a runner despite finishing in 5th place in the opening round? Highly unlikely. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer before we see Lonestar return to the grid, as he can certainly shake up that top 5.

@Paclik46

What can I say about Paclik? Not too much really as we haven’t seen too much of him, especially on the circuit. His only finish this season comes from the opening round at Hockenheim, being lapped 7 times after running into issues. However, the Czech’s qualifying pace shows promise as a consistent top 10 driver, like all of his teammates he is part of a strong line-up that could easily dominate the field, providing connection issues doesn’t mess anything up. As we know though, anything can happen.

@Dejaeger22

The winner of round 1 is starting to lose his mojo. The Belgian currently sits 15 points away from the championship lead and really should be closer than that. We all know he is fast, but a spin and strategy error at Donington Park cost him a certain top 5 finish. However, is his general pace on par with the current leaders in the championship just above him? It’s difficult to say as the races are now busier than the first round, and potentially traffic is something that he struggles with.

It all started on a high for BMW Z4 crew this season, with one of their cars winning the opening round on home-turf. Since though, things haven’t been looking too good, slowly spiraling towards the bottom-end of the field. They certainly need a pick-me-up, but can any of the drivers step up to the plate and provide it?

BMW M3

@Orange Tiger NL

Handicapped from the start, Tiger has certainly made an impression within this season’s field of drivers in his BMW. It’s a car that’s proven to be slower than those of his competitors, and it’s very impressive to see him 5th in the championship, just 16 points off the leader. After bad luck in Road America, he’ll be looking to bounce back in this week’s race and ensure that he stays in that top 5.

MERCEDES

@Devastation

Despite not making the initial round, devastation has managed to score himself some decent points in his independent mercedes team. Obviously, at this time, Mercedes are unlikely to challenge for the manufacturer’s title, although consistent points finishes from devastation can certainly spring a surprise. Having said that, although he sits 35 points behind the championship leader, those consistent finishes will certainly bring him close to the top in what is an incredibly competitive field. His car should be strong around this circuit, with the entire third sector consisting of long straights and a hard braking zone, I’m getting the feeling that we may see the Mercedes on the podium this week.

ASTON MARTIN

@FTW ShadowDemon

Two podiums into his two-race GT3 career, Shadow Demon leads the championship by just a single point to his team-mate Adam Tierney. After the two battled it out for the win last-time-out in the States, the Sakitto circuit will certainly test who is the more consistent of the two, with only small amounts of room for error - any mistake will valuable time and certainly positions. Strategy lost him the win last week, will he make the same mistake and risk losing the lead in the championship? Who knows, not everyone learns their lesson. Although when we spoke to him after last week’s race concerning his title chances, he’s not giving anything away: I think I have a good chance but there are some fast guys that will make them good races.

@Adam Tierney

A single point separates Tierney from championship leader and team-mate ShadowDemon, the same results mean there is not much to split between these two drivers, but Tierney is still looking to make up for lost but certain podium finish in Hockenheim. If he’d finished, this table would be totally different at this stage. Like his fellow title challengers, he’s not giving anything away as far as he rates his chances in the hunt for that elusive championship trophy. Hopefully I can pick up a couple more wins this season and we'll see how far that takes me in the championship.

@The Genius

He calls himself the ‘Genius’ but when he makes his fellow racers place bets on how many times he’ll spin during a race each week, it doesn’t give you much confidence in his driving capabilities. Having said that, the Genius has snuck under the radar as far as stand-out performances are concerned finishing 4th both times, and it’s likely he would have made the podium in Road America if it hadn’t of been for an incident. Can he keep these performances up though? Well, it is of course possible, but with a lot of confident racers traditionally in the bottom-half of the field looking to score big this week, I stand by my prediction of him spinning 5883732781999227 times.

@Rearwing

It’s been another tricky start to the season for the final Aston driver. Having said that, both times he has finished, they’ve been points finishes, more than enough to contribute to the team’s ambitions to win the manufacturer's title. However, he did show promise in some of the later races of the season in season 1, maybe we’ll see the same again this season? I certainly hope so!

Aston Martin currently seem to be the favourites for the manufacturer’s title, with two of the fastest drivers in the field and those who can score points in every race, vital factors of winning that championship. It should be a strong week for them!

McLAREN

@t3hmightymidg3t

In his own words, it was a disappointing debut for the mighty midget in Road America, despite finishing 8th, which considering his circumstances and the competitive field, is a very good result. There’s not a lot I can say about him, as a laggy debut isn’t really something you can judge a driver’s skills on, I guess we will see what he really can do in this upcoming race.

@Smithycity99

The second new driver at McLaren alongside Wizard, Joe XD and Midget is Season 1 McLaren driver Smithy. He only aims for the season are to beat close rival and team-mate Joe, and objective he accomplished after the S1 runner-up failed to make it to the grid last time out. A 6th place is a very promising start to his Season 2 career, and he’ll be looking to improve on that result in Sakitto, but that will be a tough challenge on a difficult circuit and the high tyre wear on the McLaren, having said that, Smithy knows how to save his tyres.

@Wizard

The Italian and Season 1 Champ made a return this week after missing out at Donington, most likely recovering from the post-traumatic-stress after he lost his podium finish on the final lap of the opening round to his team-mate Joe. Sakitto is certainly a circuit which promotes patience when passing, with not many obvious overtaking opportunities. Generally setting up his car with more top-speed than downforce, he may find himself struggling at the start of the race with a heavy car on a track with plenty of fast direction changes. However, he may take a different approach to this race and go for a high-downforce setup. Who knows.

@Joe XD

It’s been a decent start to the season for Joe. After coming back to clinch the final podium position in the opening round, it’s been pretty consistent so far for the Brit. Disappointed to miss out in Road America, he will be looking to gain back those lost points this week and re-take the positions he lost in the title race. Certainly not the fastest driver on the field, he will be looking to capitalize on mistakes made by the other drivers, especially around such an unpredictable circuit.

The One-to-watch:

The Genius - My dark horse for this week has to be the Genius. He has been pretty invisible so far, despite his strong and consistent finishes. His consistency combined with the all-round strong performance of the Aston Martin, should see him do well in this week’s race in Japan, unless the pressure is too much for him, and he spins 5883732781999227 times.

1. Adam Tierney
2. The Genius
3. FTW Xtreme Storm
4. FTW Shadow Demon
5. Wizard

[DOUBLEPOST=1440535824][/DOUBLEPOST], edited the one to watch section as I said Genius is in the Merc :p
I'm honoured!

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014

Last-time-out:

The Race:

RUF

@iStuntZx

@StubbornGymnast

BMW Z4s

@FTW XtremeStorm

@LONEST4R BK

@Paclik46

@Dejaeger22

BMW M3

@Orange Tiger NL

MERCEDES

@Devastation

ASTON MARTIN

@FTW ShadowDemon

@Adam Tierney

@The Genius

@Rearwing

McLAREN

@t3hmightymidg3t

@Smithycity99

@Wizard

@Joe XD

The One-to-watch:

1. Adam Tierney
2. The Genius
3. FTW Xtreme Storm
4. FTW Shadow Demon
5. Wizard

im hoping for a top 6 finish, id be over the moon with a top 4

Wizard

1-time AOR XB1 GT3 Pro Champion
Mar 20, 2014
@Wizard

post-traumatic-stress.....:p :p ;) ;)
Correct analysis m8!
It will be an hard race.
Thanks for my nomination on Top 5.
0 practice for me in this week, so if I arrive in Top 5... beer for everyone! :p ;)

• Agree