PS4 - The PS4 Ginetta Junior coordinators guide/help before season starts. | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 The PS4 Ginetta Junior coordinators guide/help before season starts.

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
A quick little guide/help to read before the season starts. First 5 posts are mandatory for everyone as they go through things that are new. The other posts are more for the new guys.

Before joining the lobby:
Before joining the lobby you must decide which of the 2 default setups you wanna use (loose or stable) in a session of your own. Once you're in the lobby, you can not change. So if you have loose as setup for your last session, the game will give you that when joining the lobby.

Quali setup:
Everybody is to do their quali with 45L of fuel. When you start in the pit you only have 5L. To get the 45L, you simply start to go out from the pit and press Option and choose Return to pitbox. You're now back in your pitbox and have 45L of fuel.

You are allowed to go out on track to get a feel of the track if you want but you cannot set a lap time before you've returned to the pits once.

The return to pit works within the pit as well, so you don't need to go all the way out on track (saves time).

After race 1 is finished:
After race 1 is finished, you will get to the result screen. Here you can save the replay (everybody should do that) and after that you click "return to lobby". This will take you back to the start lobby. Here you will have to sit and wait while the host is changing the lobby setup (no quali, change of weather). Players that have disconnected during race 1, will be invited again. They will start form the back of the grid for race 2.

Reverse startingorder:
The second race in each round will start with reversed starting order based on the championship. For race 2 in round 1, there is no championship standings yet, so that race will be the reverse starting order from the results of race 1 (DNFs will start from the back). From round 2 (Donington) we will post the starting order for race 2 in the race thread, so you know in advance what position you will start in for race 2. After race 1 at Oulton Park, you need to remember who was behind you in race 1, that guy is the guy you should be behind at the start of race 2

To get into the right position for race 2 is quite simple. When the lights go out, everyone starts to drive at a speed of around 10mph (16kph) and stay as far to the edge of the track as they can. This will give room in the middle of the track for cars to pass. Everyone start to look after the car they are supposed to behind and fall inline behind that car. We have tried this before and evryone should be in the correct place before sector 1 is completed on the formation lap. Once everyone are in place, we will continue with the normal formation lap (55mph, warming tyres and brakes up to formation point). It is easy to see on the mini-map when evryone looks to be in place.

Example:
I'm supposed to start in 2nd position but the game makes me start from 13th. I will then go in the middle of the track in around 20mph to get up to the front. Once I get up to the front, I lower my speed, go to one side off the track and look to see if I need to let someone by. Once everything looks to be ok on the mini-map, I hope that the pole sitter goes up to ordinary formation lap speed.

In game penalties:
The in game penalties is harsh, to say the least. Should you be told by the game that you should give a place back after you passed someone that have spun on their own, just continue. The game will give you 30 penalty seconds that is added to your race time. After the race you can then start a stewards enquiry to have the penalty removed (video evidence needed).

When it comes to track limits it's harder. We have done some testing and have found out that the game is very strict with the track limits AND how much throttle you use when going wide. If you have a lot of throttle when going wide, you will have to slow down for a long time or come to a dead stop for the penalty to go away. If you see that you are on your way to go wide, lift of the throttle fully. You should not get any slow down penalty if you do. I fully understand that it's not an easy thing to do when you're in a battle. But if you do, you will "only" lose some momentum but can be back on the throttle as soon as your back on track = little loss of time. If you keep the throttle down and have to almost stop to get the slow down to go away = you will lose a lot of time.

Following info is more for new drivers.

Ready screen:
The last screen before each race starts is called the ready screen. Here you must click the ready button before the timer runs out. If you miss that, the game will disqualify you and you will have to see the race from the pits. Once evreyone have clicked ready, the race will start, even if there is time left on the timer.

Polesitters trackpositions:
This is very easy. Pole sitter should always have the inside for turn one. All tracks that we race on this season starts with a right hander. So polesitter should be on the right side of the track for all races.

Connection tips:
Always make sure that your connection is at it's peak. restart your router before the race is one good thing to do. If you can't have a cable connection for your PS4 and is using Wi-Fi, try to close as many devices as possible that uses Wi-Fi. Other devices might get an update or something that will stael bandwidth from your Wi-Fi which might make you lag or disconnect.

Mic levels:
We want as many as possible to join the in game chat (we know that not all have headphones with a mic). If the mic level is too high; it will distort the sound, create echo and make it unpleasant for everyone. Below you will find how to adjust it.

Go to settings on your PS4 homescreen.
Device

Devices.jpg

Audio device
Audio Devices.jpg

Adjust Headphones
Adjust mic level.jpg

When you talk normally in the mic, your level should be around "Too low" to just being in the "Good" area.
When raising your voice, the level should not go over "Too high".
Mic level.jpg

iej76

F1 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2015
A quick little guide/help to read before the season starts. First 5 posts are mandatory for everyone as they go through things that are new. The other posts are more for the new guys.

Before joining the lobby:
Before joining the lobby you must decide which of the 2 default setups you wanna use (loose or stable) in a session of your own. Once you're in the lobby, you can not change. So if you have loose as setup for your last session, the game will give you that when joining the lobby.

Quali setup:
Everybody is to do their quali with 45L of fuel. When you start in the pit you only have 5L. To get the 45L, you simply start to go out from the pit and press Option and choose Return to pitbox. You're now back in your pitbox and have 45L of fuel.

You are allowed to go out on track to get a feel of the track if you want but you cannot set a lap time before you've returned to the pits once.

The return to pit works within the pit as well, so you don't need to go all the way out on track (saves time).

After race 1 is finished:
After race 1 is finished, you will get to the result screen. Here you can save the replay (everybody should do that) and after that you click "return to lobby". This will take you back to the start lobby. Here you will have to sit and wait while the host is changing the lobby setup (no quali, change of weather). Players that have disconnected during race 1, will be invited again. They will start form the back of the grid for race 2.

Reverse startingorder:
The second race in each round will start with reversed starting order based on the championship. For race 2 in round 1, there is no championship standings yet, so that race will be the reverse starting order from the results of race 1 (DNFs will start from the back). From round 2 (Donington) we will post the starting order for race 2 in the race thread, so you know in advance what position you will start in for race 2. After race 1 at Oulton Park, you need to remember who was behind you in race 1, that guy is the guy you should be behind at the start of race 2

To get into the right position for race 2 is quite simple. When the lights go out, everyone starts to drive at a speed of around 10mph (16kph) and stay as far to the edge of the track as they can. This will give room in the middle of the track for cars to pass. Everyone start to look after the car they are supposed to behind and fall inline behind that car. We have tried this before and evryone should be in the correct place before sector 1 is completed on the formation lap. Once everyone are in place, we will continue with the normal formation lap (55mph, warming tyres and brakes up to formation point). It is easy to see on the mini-map when evryone looks to be in place.

Example:
I'm supposed to start in 2nd position but the game makes me start from 13th. I will then go in the middle of the track in around 20mph to get up to the front. Once I get up to the front, I lower my speed, go to one side off the track and look to see if I need to let someone by. Once everything looks to be ok on the mini-map, I hope that the pole sitter goes up to ordinary formation lap speed.

In game penalties:
The in game penalties is harsh, to say the least. Should you be told by the game that you should give a place back after you passed someone that have spun on their own, just continue. The game will give you 30 penalty seconds that is added to your race time. After the race you can then start a stewards enquiry to have the penalty removed (video evidence needed).

When it comes to track limits it's harder. We have done some testing and have found out that the game is very strict with the track limits AND how much throttle you use when going wide. If you have a lot of throttle when going wide, you will have to slow down for a long time or come to a dead stop for the penalty to go away. If you see that you are on your way to go wide, lift of the throttle fully. You should not get any slow down penalty if you do. I fully understand that it's not an easy thing to do when you're in a battle. But if you do, you will "only" lose some momentum but can be back on the throttle as soon as your back on track = little loss of time. If you keep the throttle down and have to almost stop to get the slow down to go away = you will lose a lot of time.

Following info is more for new drivers.

Ready screen:
The last screen before each race starts is called the ready screen. Here you must click the ready button before the timer runs out. If you miss that, the game will disqualify you and you will have to see the race from the pits. Once evreyone have clicked ready, the race will start, even if there is time left on the timer.

Polesitters trackpositions:
This is very easy. Pole sitter should always have the inside for turn one. All tracks that we race on this season starts with a right hander. So polesitter should be on the right side of the track for all races.

Connection tips:
Always make sure that your connection is at it's peak. restart your router before the race is one good thing to do. If you can't have a cable connection for your PS4 and is using Wi-Fi, try to close as many devices as possible that uses Wi-Fi. Other devices might get an update or something that will stael bandwidth from your Wi-Fi which might make you lag or disconnect.

Mic levels:
We want as many as possible to join the in game chat (we know that not all have headphones with a mic). If the mic level is too high; it will distort the sound, create echo and make it unpleasant for everyone. Below you will find how to adjust it.

Go to settings on your PS4 homescreen.
Device

View attachment 35312

Audio device
View attachment 35311

Adjust Headphones
View attachment 35310

When you talk normally in the mic, your level should be around "Too low" to just being in the "Good" area.
When raising your voice, the level should not go over "Too high".
View attachment 35313
Silly question but @AOR Davidben and I can't figure out how to change to stable in the game. Defaults to loose but cant seem to change other than calling it something else by free typing. Ideas?

Walter---79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2017
does the game also remember the loose setup after you have power cycled the PS4 and go straight in the multiplayer lobby?

InFinityzzHD

PS4 Triple Crown 2018 Indy 500 Champion
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2017
Silly question but @AOR Davidben and I can't figure out how to change to stable in the game. Defaults to loose but cant seem to change other than calling it something else by free typing. Ideas?
If u go to 'tuning setup' you have a load button. Press that and you should be able to load the default stable setup

uptown8217

Pro Karter
Jan 2, 2018
I guess I may have a bit of a silly question but if 3 tires leave the track surface is that exceeding the limits during one of the races? And if so, is this the point in which I will have to lift the throttle completely to get the slow down to be removed? I am very new to this game and racing online I am very clean and would like to stay that way but I am trying very hard to pick up pace. I keep haveing laps invalidated due to track limits, but when I make sure I run really clean laps the are 2 seconds off the pace I guess I don’t understand why the “runoffs” are there if you can’t utilize them. Long winded I know, sorry.

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I guess I may have a bit of a silly question but if 3 tires leave the track surface is that exceeding the limits during one of the races? And if so, is this the point in which I will have to lift the throttle completely to get the slow down to be removed? I am very new to this game and racing online I am very clean and would like to stay that way but I am trying very hard to pick up pace. I keep haveing laps invalidated due to track limits, but when I make sure I run really clean laps the are 2 seconds off the pace I guess I don’t understand why the “runoffs” are there if you can’t utilize them. Long winded I know, sorry.
It will be judged by the game if you're off track and that is hard to judge. One reason is that the viewing angle isn't realy helping. I'm in the cockpit view and when I feel that I'm on track. I still get some penalties. When looking at the replay from third person camera, I am off track. It takes practise to learn where the limit is and I recommend that you always do practise with track limits on so you don't learn a bad line through corners.

Quick question about qualy how can you make sure everyone is actually on 45l?someone might not return to pits?
This is almost impossible to keep track off. We have to trust each other with being honest. If there should be any problems, we will have to enforce mandatory video from quali so everybody can show that they've been honest.

• Agree
Reactions: NICK-NITRO