Thrustmaster F1 Wheel for PS4 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Thrustmaster F1 Wheel for PS4

Waldo_Butters

Junior Karter
Aug 30, 2019
Ok guys, I am new to the whole racing online and bought the Thrustmaster T300RS racing wheel for the PS4. I am curios if any of you use the F1 add on wheel and what your thoughts are? I would love to upgrade to the Fanatec later down the road, but I do not want to throw to much money at this hobby until I know if I am going to stick with it, or possibly get better.
Those of you who do have the Thustmaster F1 wheel, are the buttons pretty programmable? I ask this because that is one of the problems I am running into in the game, making changes, looking at things with the car while I am in a race tends to cause me to crash because when I am focusing on trying to scroll through things with buttons that aren't really dedicated (hopefully this makes sense).

Fizzymon

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2018
Hi there! I use the Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Wheel and I love it! Yes, alot of the buttons are programmable and I can get all of the essentials, like fuel mix changes, ERS deployment, DRS, etc on my wheel. Now, this model is older, and I know there is the new TM wheel add-on which, from what I've heard with the TS-Racer, is a little more responsive and smoother. Which wheel you choose is your preference since they have a similar amount of buttons, but I must say I enjoy my formula wheel and I would use it any day over a regular wheel!

Note: I mainly play F1, but I preference the open wheel grip over a regular wheel.

Reactions: Waldo_Butters

Waldo_Butters

Junior Karter
Aug 30, 2019
Thanks for the response! Yeah, the programmable buttons are what have me wanting it. My problem with my wheel now is that I have to scroll, read, scroll more and click. If I had dedicated buttons I would be able to memorize their locations and functions and my life would be simpler. Eventually I will upgrade to the Fanatec, but for now, this cheaper options seems like it is the best deal for me until 1,400 dollars is a worth while investment.

Reactions: Fizzymon