XB1 - Tier 1 - Round 3 - Long Beach [20/02/19 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Tier 1 - Round 3 - Long Beach [20/02/19 8:00pm]

Im_an_eagle

Reigning S14 AOR XB1 F5 Champion
Feb 10, 2017
Rules are rules. We all know its not the fastest way around the track but it's definitely in the interest of fair, competitive racing.
I’m sorry, but I fully disagree. Everyone has common sense don’t they?

BeeZ

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 29, 2019
I’m sorry, but I fully disagree. Everyone has common sense don’t they?
Nope, that's why 'common sense' doesn't exist when considering the law. My perception of my world is entirely different to your perception of your world.

Im_an_eagle

Feb 10, 2017
Nope, that's why 'common sense' doesn't exist when considering the law. My perception of my world is entirely different to your perception of your world.
All I’m trying to say is, why can we not use all the track when there’s been no problems before. I’m messaging seppel about it now anyway

Jason Wilcox

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 17, 2017
Is this a rule that we are going to use for all tracks moving forward?

Callum246

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 9, 2015
I'm doing 1:17.5 for quali pace using the race conditions, race pace seems to be around the 1.18 and 1.19. What is everyone else doing? Sorry for the amateur video, it's the only way I can show you the lap :(

Last edited:

Im_an_eagle

Feb 10, 2017
I'm doing 1:17.5 for quali pace using the race conditions, race pace seems to be around the 1.18 and 1.19. What is everyone else doing? Sorry for the amateur video, it's the only way I can show you the lap :(
There is no video. My PB so far is a 17.3 but that’s with the other pit exit rule

Callum246

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 9, 2015
It didn't wanna load for some reason, I'm doing it with the pit rule

seppel165

AOR XB1 Assetto Corsa Porsche Cup S1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016

Round 3 - Long Beach
Driver briefing

Track Limits

For this track we didn't find any potential corner cutting which could not get recognized by the in-game track limit detection. Therefore all parts of the track the in-game track limits apply.

Pit Entry
The pit entry at Long Beach is very close after the exit of the final turn (hairpin) and requires hard braking at a section of track where cars not entering the pits will be on full throttle. It is strongly advised to try to ensure that any drivers alongside or immediately behind you are aware that you intend to enter the pits on that lap. This can be by either:
  • Informing the driver via voice chat.
    • With a short message such as: "P5 pitting this lap" (try not to assume that others will recognise your car from only your voice/name)
  • Flashing your lights a few times in the final section of track.
    • If you do flash your lights to inform of an intended pit entry, then you must make an attempt to enter the pits. Flashing your lights in most other situations is forbidden by the rules.
  • Keeping to the inside/right during and while exiting the final hairpin.
    • As this is not the normal racing line, this should help avoid the situation where a car behind on full throttle does not have time to react.
Pit Exit
The pit exit at Long Beach leads the exiting car directly onto a section of track which is commonly used as the normal racing line for cars on approach to turn 1 (picture below), and can easily lead to incidents if drivers on track are not fully aware that a car is exiting.
View attachment 71419

During the race; cars exiting the pits have priority over the pitlane, and it is the responsibility of the driver passing the pits to ensure there is no contact, it is strongly advised for all drivers to run with the 'track map' section of the HUD visible, and to check for people exiting the pits using that, before committing to taking the racing line which crosses onto the pit exit.

However, it is also advised that drivers exiting the pits should try to help ensure that others are aware they are, by either:
  • Informing the driver via voice chat.
    • With a short message such as: "P10 exiting pits" (try not to assume that others will recognise your car from only your voice/name)
  • Flashing your lights a few times after you have exited your box but before the pit limiter line.
    • As it is a night race, this is usually quite visible, despite the pit wall blocking direct view.
During qualifying; cars on track, and on a flying lap, have priority over cars exiting the pits to begin an outlap. To reduce the likelihood of issues, people planning to exit the pits are strongly advised to either:
  • First use the 'Monitor' section from the pits, to view the full track map, to ensure that there should be a significant section of free track to pull out into.
  • Exit the pits very slowly (or stop your car before the section that crosses the racing line), and check for cars approaching using the 'relative' display on the HUD, before continuing.

General information
As this is a night race, drivers are reminded of the rules covering the requirement for having working/active headlights at all times:
2.3 Driving in different conditions

For races that take place at night time, all drivers are required to have their headlights on in order to make your car visible to others, and to make the road more visible for you. If you're involved in an accident which damages both of your headlights, you must return to the pits immediately for repairs. Please also make sure you have a button assigned to turn the headlights on.

seppel165

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016

seppel165

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
Slight addition regarding the starting procedure:

If I understand correctly every Tier is free to decide if they want I single or double file start. As we are Tier1 (the Elite) we will do a normal double file start with pole starting on the left.
Every Lap1 /Turn1 incident will be ruled very hard by the stewards tho. So please keep it safe!

THR m0o0o7

AOR XBox GT3 S11 Tier 1 Champion
Feb 18, 2018
So just to be clear....
we are allowed to use ALL the pit exit in race and qualifying conditions?!?

Jason Wilcox

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 17, 2017
I’m in the 18’s with race fuel, but haven’t done quali practice yet. Really looking forward to this race

Callum246

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 9, 2015
If I stream on mixer for tomorrow's race would it disconnect me?

Im_an_eagle

Feb 10, 2017
If I stream on mixer for tomorrow's race would it disconnect me?
If your internet can’t handle it, yes. What’s your speeds?

seppel165

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
@Im_an_eagle this test is with the xbox with the cable plugged in
Put on your stream at the start of the practice session. If you are lagging then I will ask you to stop streaming. Deal?