Closed Tier 2 - Barcelona / Round 1 - Lap 5 - Spun out after hairpin

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanders

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 7, 2018
UK
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 2, Round 1
League Coordinator: @krop
Date: 15/09/20
Members Involved: @Vanders (#58 Aston) and @z2h2turbo (#555 Audi)

Description:
Going into the left-right kink, #555 decides to try and go side-by-side through the first part, which is rarely a good idea when you're fully side-by-side, but even less of a good idea given he's a fair bit behind me going into the corner. I know he's there and leave as much space as I can bearing in mind I still have to turn left to make the corner. Normally I'd be clipping the apex here, but I'm no where near it. He hits my rear three-quarter, spinning me out. Result was 10 seconds of damage, dead last behind the leaders and being forced to do 50 minutes on one set of tyres. Video evidence below.

Last edited:

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
AOR
www.fia.com
The stewards concluded that @z2h2turbo was entitled to receive racing room in the corner as he was engaged side by side before the braking zone.
The collisione will be considered a racing incident and no further actions will be taken.

@z2h2turbo @Vanders
@krop

Status
Not open for further replies.