PS4 - Tier 2 IndyCar - Round 1 - Watkins Glen GP - 1/2/17 - 8 UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Tier 2 IndyCar - Round 1 - Watkins Glen GP - 1/2/17 - 8 UK time

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

YabbaTheHutt

Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Round 1 - Watkins Glen GP
Indycar League S1

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 1st February 2017
Lobby opens: 7:00pm (UK time) - optional practice session
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 42 Laps

Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
1 weather slots:
- Light cloud

In-game time-of-day information (Real time progression):
- Qualifying time: 13:00
- Race start time: 13:00
- Race finish time: 14:00

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Important Links:
Race Calendar
League Rules

Known absence:
@Donks

Last edited:

Play4Stefano

F1 Reserve Driver
Jun 15, 2016
Why my lights button and wiper button doesn't work?!? :mad::mad::mad:
Oh... it s an Indy.. not a GT3 :):):)

I noticed it s possible to turn on/off rear back red light :yawn:

Play4Stefano

F1 Reserve Driver
Jun 15, 2016
@YabbaTheHutt Are you going to set 1/2 lap race in practise session? I think we have to practise race start procedure because Indy is very fragile, It s easy to get aero damage or lose a wheel.
We have a standing start?

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
@YabbaTheHutt Are you going to set 1/2 lap race in practise session? I think we have to practise race start procedure because Indy is very fragile, It s easy to get aero damage or lose a wheel.
We have a standing start?
Yes, we have standing start.
Yes, we will have a 2 lap race after practise.
Damage is set to performance impacting since the cars are very fragile. They can handle a bit more "action" with this but they aren't indestructible.

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
Anyone set a time for this yet,I'll put it out there I've got a 1:29.736 at the moment.twichy big thing ain't it..
also get massive wheel shake too.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Anyone set a time for this yet,I'll put it out there I've got a 1:29.736 at the moment.twichy big thing ain't it..
also get massive wheel shake too.
I'm down to 1:27.8 after some practise :)

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
Is that set in free run or a lobby?its just that when I setup a lobby DRS isn't workin in befor the race( as in it doesn't seam to work in a Q session.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Is that set in free run or a lobby?its just that when I setup a lobby DRS isn't workin in befor the race( as in it doesn't seam to work in a Q session.
That's during a race. Push To Pass only works during the race and only 10 times! More info in the thread about default setup I just posted.

• Informative
Reactions: RGT hayc

xPiGeOnNiNjA

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 10, 2016
Just did one last bit of practice, managed a 1:27.426 without push to pass but I had fuel usage on so I set that lap with about 25 litres of fuel so that obviously made it faster :)

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
Cool time but with low fuel it really doesn't reflect a true time?
As with the chicane how are we goin with that,as in it is goin to be very hard to keep from cutting the lines to get super quick times to get first place.is it goin to be a case of monkey see monkey do?
Has anyone tryed to do a pit yet.me and Manx tryed it last night and both got the alternate trye.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Cool time but with low fuel it really doesn't reflect a true time?
As with the chicane how are we goin with that,as in it is goin to be very hard to keep from cutting the lines to get super quick times to get first place.is it goin to be a case of monkey see monkey do?
Has anyone tryed to do a pit yet.me and Manx tryed it last night and both got the alternate trye.
When comes to track limits we go with AORs rules that 2 tyres should be on the track. However, we all know that when you race and push hard there will be times when you miss this. Don't see that as a problem. But if someone is cutting the track on the same place on every lap it will be concidered as cheating and will be reported to the stewards if there is proof. A normal punishment for deliberate corner cutting is DSQ from the race. I don't think that we will need to go that far as I believe that all of us are fair drivers :)
When it comes to the pitstop: Did you do a quick race to get the default IndyCar pit strategy? I'm afraid that if you've been driving a different car before the game will mess it up when you do an online lobby with forced default setup.

Reactions: xPiGeOnNiNjA

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
Ok that's cool just wanted to make sure that everyone got to see that if corner cutting is not on.
Not sure about that goin to do a quick race3laps to see if it works

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
Just did some quick testing and was just shy of a 1:26 by .076. That right a 1:27.076......

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
Yeah I'm hopin dude,well that's if there isn't a big crash at the 1st corner?

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Yeah I'm hopin dude,well that's if there isn't a big crash at the 1st corner?
We've got damage set to performance affecting so people should hopefully manage to continue racing after some "bumps". In FR3.5 we had full damage and 1-3 drivers lost a wheel in the first corner...

xPiGeOnNiNjA

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 10, 2016
Well that was a pretty fun race, managed to get two places on lap 1 and then good little bit of racing with @RacingAtHome until he disconnected :( Then, nothing really happened until I completely bottled the pit stop and went in before the tyres were 50% worn so that was a waste, so then I tried to push to the end of the race but I clipped a kerb going up the hill and I had to pit for repairs which put me down to P3 :facepalm: Then I crashed again, meaning that I was only just able to hold off @YabbaTheHutt for the podium. (y)

Qualifying: P4
Race: P3