PS4 - Tier 2 IndyCar - Round 2 - Road America - 8/2/17 - 8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Tier 2 IndyCar - Round 2 - Road America - 8/2/17 - 8pm UK time

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

YabbaTheHutt

Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Round 2 - Road America
Indycar League S1

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 8th February 2017
Lobby opens: 7:00pm (UK time) - optional practice session
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 34 Laps

Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
1 weather slots:
- Medium cloud

In-game time-of-day information (Real time progression):
- Qualifying time: 10:00
- Race start time: 10:00
- Race finish time: 11:00

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Important Links:
Race Calendar
League Rules

Reactions: xPiGeOnNiNjA

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
Looking forward to this race after my 2nd place in the 1st.just one thing how are the pit stops goin to work?are we still goin with the default setup like in the 1st race.

If I can get an hour or so tonight I'll be doin some testing.well just laps really to get use to car and track .if anyone is about your welcome to join.be about 8 uk time.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Looking forward to this race after my 2nd place in the 1st.just one thing how are the pit stops goin to work?are we still goin with the default setup like in the 1st race.

If I can get an hour or so tonight I'll be doin some testing.well just laps really to get use to car and track .if anyone is about your welcome to join.be about 8 uk time.
We have found a sollution to the problem, will put a post up later. The short version is that the pit strategy you create MUST be the strategy highest up in the strategy list.

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
We have found a sollution to the problem, will put a post up later. The short version is that the pit strategy you create MUST be the strategy highest up in the strategy list.
Yeah I did that for the 1st race so that the game would only see one pit option,but I still got the alternate,I'm sure we can find a way around this .

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Yeah I did that for the 1st race so that the game would only see one pit option,but I still got the alternate,I'm sure we can find a way around this .
Hmm...I did 3 tests with various strategys. No matter how I put the strategys the game always choose the one on top which is why I believed that if you have the correct one on top it will work.
The other sollution is to only have one strategy...

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
Yeah goin to try it out again tonight to see what happens and I'll let you know how things go.

Yeah I deleted all my other pit options so there was only one to pick from?
Still goin to carry on as long as I don't wets......

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Yeah goin to try it out again tonight to see what happens and I'll let you know how things go.

Yeah I deleted all my other pit options so there was only one to pick from?
Still goin to carry on as long as I don't wets......
To get wets is...interesting, but no fun at all.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
We have a new driver that will be testing with us tonight, @WilliamGibsonTV . The testing is to see how his internet is holding up from California. He has done some practise with @iSuperScrub in Tier 1 and it seems to have worked well.
Welcome to the league @WilliamGibsonTV (y)

Last edited:

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Will miss tonights race guys due to work :(
@Griff1894 will host as usual. Would be good if someone else than him could save screenshots or video with the results and post here. Will update the results as soon as I can (friday evening by the latest).

Griff1894

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
May 28, 2016
Yes as yabba says if someone else can save screenshots of results just in case that would be good.

I'll attempt to stream the race tonight for the first time but I'm not confident in it working!

If anyone else isn't here could you please let me know asap. And @WilliamGibsonTV if you could send me a friend request that would be ace. Same name as on here. Peace

Reactions: xPiGeOnNiNjA

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
Yes as yabba says if someone else can save screenshots of results just in case that would be good.

I'll attempt to stream the race tonight for the first time but I'm not confident in it working!

If anyone else isn't here could you please let me know asap. And @WilliamGibsonTV if you could send me a friend request that would be ace. Same name as on here. Peace
Will you inv me to your practice lobby tonight. Thanks

Griff1894

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
May 28, 2016
Great race guys. Really good fun. Apologies to @Justin Heun if I'd known you were coming I'd have hung on for a few minutes before starting qualy.

Didn't stream because it shrank my screen down and had bloody chat window down the side! I have no friends to chat at me! So I'm going to try and upload my replay tomorrow. Psn went down pretty much straight after the race.

Well done @Manx57 that was intense! I haven't seen what the time difference was but I think I'd got my front wheel alongside you! And @WilliamGibsonTV with a debut podium! @RGT hayc who would've been right up there had it not been for a horror spin and @Play4Stefano my old buddy, good little battle there as usual.

Special shout out to my bone idle pit crew who were standing around having a fag when I wanted my tyres changed. Blowing raspberrys as I drove out on old tyres was a nice touch. You're fired

Quality not quantity guys

Donks

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 6, 2015
Sorry for no show. Daughter was sick so had to go to emergency Dr. Glad you had a great race.

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
Can't be helped sometimes Donks.
Had a great race last night and the start was smoking.was all abit crazy for afew laps later on when a few of us got caught up with each other.and there is a incident that I need to look into that happened about 20 laps in.

• Agree
Reactions: Griff1894

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
Q5:
R:1
In quali I messed up my fast laps and had to settle for a banker in the last minute. The race started badly when I moved too soon at the green light stopped then set off again but I got a drive through penalty. Took the penalty next time around and then just put my head down and made no mistakes. Over half the race gone and I found myself in first position so I tried to keep it smooth not intending to pit, @Griff1894 was catching me the laps were ticking by and the time between us was coming down until we had the last two laps showdown .... I clung on to cross the line just in front of him phew. Good race everyone.

Reactions: Griff1894