PS4 - Tier 2 IndyCar - Round 4 - Willow Springs - 22/2/17 - 8 UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Tier 2 IndyCar - Round 4 - Willow Springs - 22/2/17 - 8 UK time

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

YabbaTheHutt

Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Round 4 - Willow Springs International Raceway
Indycar League S1

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 22nd February 2017
Lobby opens: 7:00pm (UK time) - optional practice session
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 59 Laps

Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
1 weather slots:
- Clear

In-game time-of-day information (Real time progression):
- Qualifying time: 15:00
- Race start time: 15:00
- Race finish time: 16:00

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Important Links:
Race Calendar
League Rules

Last edited:

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Have absolutely no idea on what to expect from this track. Haven't driven it since Grand Turismo 6 on PS3 and I haven't played that since I bought my PS4 in May of 2015...

xPiGeOnNiNjA

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 10, 2016
Really enjoy the final sector of this track due to the high speed corners but I cannot do the first two to save my life, needless to say I will be doing a LOT of practice over the weekend..

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
Not yet done any laps here in the Indy car,what sort of times are you guys getting so far?
Hopin to get some track time tonight so if anyone's about then I'll be on about 8PM(GMT)

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
nice little practice session with hayc to night, we will need at least one pit stop heavy wear rate and overheating tyres.
1:01:s for me until the tyres overheat then it's not so easy...

Reactions: RGT hayc

WilliamGibsonTV

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 2, 2017
I think this will be a very fun race, tyre wear is gonna be key.... I can't wait. I can get a low 1:01 lap but it's extremely tough on the tyres.

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
Any news on what's happening with the setting for the lobby on Wednesday night? i.e. Time and weather?

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Any news on what's happening with the setting for the lobby on Wednesday night? i.e. Time and weather?
Haven't heard from the other coordinators. I did a test race on my own and had no problems with weather or time. Yes, the tyres overheats but I didn't loose any time because of that. Most likely the race settings will stay at 59 laps and race start at 15:00.

Reactions: Manx57

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
Did some more laps last night just try and get more consistent times and all I found out was that I'm not really liking this track.im running twice what should be normal temps within 10laps?just goin to try and get this one done and finish with some good points......

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Did some more laps last night just try and get more consistent times and all I found out was that I'm not really liking this track.im running twice what should be normal temps within 10laps?just goin to try and get this one done and finish with some good points......
After about 10 laps my rear left is 130C and my left front is 125C. I haven't noticed any big difference in grip or time drop. The temp gradually get lower the more wear you get but it won't go under 120C in the back. Think this is the same for everyone ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Griff1894

WilliamGibsonTV

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 2, 2017
After about 10 laps my rear left is 130C and my left front is 125C. I haven't noticed any big difference in grip or time drop. The temp gradually get lower the more wear you get but it won't go under 120C in the back. Think this is the same for everyone ;)
I'm running about the same temps too, the only time I have a hard time is at the top of the hill sometimes the car wants to come around when I'm pushing it but all and all it's not to bad. I don't know if anyone will be able to go with out stopping.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I'm running about the same temps too, the only time I have a hard time is at the top of the hill sometimes the car wants to come around when I'm pushing it but all and all it's not to bad. I don't know if anyone will be able to go with out stopping.
If you are a daredevil you'll take a chance on no stop...think that will be very hard to pull off.

xPiGeOnNiNjA

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 10, 2016
@YabbaTheHutt I'm very sorry for how late this is but my friend has broken her leg, so I'm taking her to the hospital right now and I'll be staying there (at Uni so she has no family here to stay with her) so I won't be able to make tonight's race. Hope you all have a good race and I'll see you next week.

• Informative
Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

Play4Stefano

F1 Reserve Driver
Jun 15, 2016
I will join practise near 7.30 pm UK,
I will drive as a blind tonight because i broke my glasses and don't have contact lenses.
If practise goes well I will race

• What?
Reactions: WilliamGibsonTV