PS4 - Tier 2 IndyCar - Round 5 - Laguna Seca - 1/3/17 - 8 UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Tier 2 IndyCar - Round 5 - Laguna Seca - 1/3/17 - 8 UK time

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

YabbaTheHutt

Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Round 5 - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Indycar League S1

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 1st March 2017
Lobby opens: 7:00pm (UK time) - optional practice session
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 50 Laps **UPDATED 28/2/2017**

Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
1 weather slots:
- Light Cloud

In-game time-of-day information (Real time progression):
- Qualifying time: 09:00
- Race start time: 09:00
- Race finish time: 10:00

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Important Links:
Race Calendar
League Rules

Last edited:

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::dead:

Reactions: Manx57

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::dead:
I suppose I have to ask why??

Reactions: RGT hayc

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
Yeah I can let you in on that.well I thought I'd better put some laps in at LS as the race is coming up,and I tryed for the best part of an hour last night but it was all messed up?i was getting very little FFB,couldn't understand why really had good temps in the tyres.goin to have a look at the settings again tonight to see if anything has changed?....

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
Yet again I've not got high hopes of a top 3 finish on this track,finding the car undriverble at times.very frustrating.but then again I might not be on me own?how is everyone else finding it.what sort of times are we lookin at....

Reactions: Manx57

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Yet again I've not got high hopes of a top 3 finish on this track,finding the car undriverble at times.very frustrating.but then again I might not be on me own?how is everyone else finding it.what sort of times are we lookin at....
Haven't driven this track since we did the TT's before the season... Will take what I get tonight!

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
I've been doin an hours practice most nights just to get consistent times,but finding it very hard...

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
I like this track but it is so easy to make a mistake especially the left up the hill. I think and don't quote me I am low 1:13's

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
I like this track but it is so easy to make a mistake especially the left up the hill. I think and don't quote me I am low 1:13's
Looks like I'm not as slow as I thought then,doin the same sort of times so should turn out to be a good race then..

A_L_H-1996

Formula Karter
Jan 2, 2017
Im managing between 1:12 and 1:11... only because i now have my gaming wheel back from repair! :p

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
Well what a crap race that was,yet again i had very little in the way of any feel though the wheel( checked my settin after the race and found that they were halved from normal?why does it keep doin this....)and why do people feel that they can just dive down the inside just because they were faster?when I got blue flagged I would give room to in the safest place,not mid corner just because your there.....

• Agree
Reactions: Griff1894

Griff1894

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
May 28, 2016
Well what a crap race that was,yet again i had very little in the way of any feel though the wheel( checked my settin after the race and found that they were halved from normal?why does it keep doin this....)and why do people feel that they can just dive down the inside just because they were faster?when I got blue flagged I would give room to in the safest place,not mid corner just because your there.....
Ive been having the exact same problems with my wheel in these cats mate. Last night it just felt like it was turned off. I've struggled with it all season

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
Ill post my post here seen as most racers were from this tier.

Qualifying - 1st

4th pole of the season, and one i knew was impossible to throw away, Managed a 1.08.41x with an incredible middle sector of a 17.6. If i joined all my sectors together though i could of managed a 1.07.5, but pole is pole ;).

Race - 1st

The only thing i was worried about was the start, @robnoxious9000 had a decent enough start into turn 1 but i just about held him off, and i had a 2.4 second gap by the end of lap 1. After that nothing much happened it was almost like a TT to me, lapped everyone but @robnoxious9000 but i was 10 seconds away from him at the end.

On lap 3 or 4 i had a weird moment with the car i've tagged it at the bottom of this post as (weird issue with the car) can someone tell me what went on here.

I think last night proved Laguna Seca is my best track and i only had a couple of issues and that were with some lapped cars. I think i was lapping @RGT hayc at turn 1 and when i passed him in the braking zone he just slammed straight into me.. and there was another backmarker on lap 39 at the last corner who was confused where the track was and i had to avoid him coming across me in the braking zone.

Anyhow shame how this league has dissipated but with @GUNNERGAMBLE not racing that has pretty much set me up for my 4th championship here at AOR, if @robnoxious9000 finished 3rd here i would of only needed pole so hopefully next week i don't D/c!!

Plus with @GUNNERGAMBLE not racing me and @Miccky have stopped @robnoxious9000 & @GUNNERGAMBLE winning the constructors till the last race.

Well done to @robnoxious9000 on second and a brilliantly close 3rd to @RBOS_00 .

And well done to @WilliamGibsonTV on your second win in a row!

See you all next week at Sonoma!!!

Qualifying Lap - 14.15

Race Start - 29.10

Fastest Race Lap - 31.40

Weird issue with car - 33.32

Incident with lapped car - 1.01.48

Incident 2 with a lapped car - 1.14.20

Reactions: Miccky

Griff1894

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
May 28, 2016
What happened at race start? Someone has replay?
Totally my fault on the grid. Yabba had asked me to screenshot the qualy and race results. I forgot to get qualy so thought I'd be able to get the positions off my tablet quickly while we were on the grid. I locked it when trying to screen grab and just got it unlocked before the lights went green, threw it to one side and missed my gear change so I was just revving on the grid, then when I got it in gear my wheels were just spinning, got hit up the rear and other people started hitting me.

So sorry if it messed anyones race up, it messed mine up, I had to crawl round with damage and pit. 100% my fault though, sorry guys

robnoxious9000

F1 Triple Champion
Mar 10, 2014
Ill post my post here seen as most racers were from this tier.

Qualifying - 1st

4th pole of the season, and one i knew was impossible to throw away, Managed a 1.08.41x with an incredible middle sector of a 17.6. If i joined all my sectors together though i could of managed a 1.07.5, but pole is pole ;).

Race - 1st

The only thing i was worried about was the start, @robnoxious9000 had a decent enough start into turn 1 but i just about held him off, and i had a 2.4 second gap by the end of lap 1. After that nothing much happened it was almost like a TT to me, lapped everyone but @robnoxious9000 but i was 10 seconds away from him at the end.

On lap 3 or 4 i had a weird moment with the car i've tagged it at the bottom of this post as (weird issue with the car) can someone tell me what went on here.

I think last night proved Laguna Seca is my best track and i only had a couple of issues and that were with some lapped cars. I think i was lapping @RGT hayc at turn 1 and when i passed him in the braking zone he just slammed straight into me.. and there was another backmarker on lap 39 at the last corner who was confused where the track was and i had to avoid him coming across me in the braking zone.

Anyhow shame how this league has dissipated but with @GUNNERGAMBLE not racing that has pretty much set me up for my 4th championship here at AOR, if @robnoxious9000 finished 3rd here i would of only needed pole so hopefully next week i don't D/c!!

Plus with @GUNNERGAMBLE not racing me and @Miccky have stopped @robnoxious9000 & @GUNNERGAMBLE winning the constructors till the last race.

Well done to @robnoxious9000 on second and a brilliantly close 3rd to @RBOS_00 .

And well done to @WilliamGibsonTV on your second win in a row!

See you all next week at Sonoma!!!

Qualifying Lap - 14.15

Race Start - 29.10

Fastest Race Lap - 31.40

Weird issue with car - 33.32

Incident with lapped car - 1.01.48

Incident 2 with a lapped car - 1.14.20
Was the wierd issue you going wide atvthe left after the cockscrew? If it was that happened to me when I turn in when my tyre is on the curb

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
Was the wierd issue you going wide atvthe left after the cockscrew? If it was that happened to me when I turn in when my tyre is on the curb
Don't know I had no engine noise and no turning ability. You can kinda hear the turbo but that's about it.