League Coordinator: @Shooter80 @krop
Date: 18th Feb
Members Involved: @Birche @77
Description: On lap 11 in turn 12 I got hit in the rear by 77
Evidence:

A. Durrant

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2019
First off, I'd like to apologise to @Birche for this incident, i can assure you it wasn't intentional in anyway.

My account of the incident - after following this battle between Birche and Dave Gaming for a number of laps, and being on @Birche in terms of pace, i was grouped into this battle looking for opportunity to pass and make way up the field.

@Birche at T10/T11 complex took an off still during the battle with DaveGaming and has to cut some of the runout strip before rejoining, which left me right on his tail. Unfortunately as we approached T12 together, @Birche took the brake fairly hard which i wasn't expecting him to do (i was in coast downshifting before pitching the car into the tricky T12, especially with the lift off oversteer of the 991.2). From the evidence there was contact between Dave Gaming and @Birche and this seems to be the initial start of the harder braking, which was unexpected on this faster part of the track.

I will obviously accept any ruling by the stewards on this incident, but i do feel this was a racing incident on this occasion due to the situations that unfolded on corners T10 through to T12.

Birche

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 21, 2020
You saw us battle in front of you and you should know that we will be slow if going two cars in to the corner. You was taking you brakingpoint like there was no battle infront of you.

You could wainted and focus on your exit and pass me, because I should had a not good exit.

A. Durrant

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2019
A lot of things could or should have happened.

You also could have backed out knowing that DaveGaming was on the inside and already had the jump on you, so a better option for you would have been to drop in behind keep the same line and take position back through slipstream. Instead, you tried to hold position on the dirty outside and to make the turn had to anchor on the brakes.

As noted before, i do feel this was a racing incident on this occasion due to the situations that unfolded on corners T10 through to T12, and my apologies for this incident are given. I believe this can be moved for Steward review.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards decided that @77 caused a minor avoidable collision.
@77 receives 5 seconds penalty on his race results and 5 penalty points on his AOR driver license.

@77 @Birche
@krop @Shooter80

Status
Not open for further replies.