inkychris

AOR PC GT3 S12 T2 Champion
Dec 9, 2018
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 2 - Round 2
League Coordinator: @Shooter80 @krop
Date: 2020/02/18
Members Involved: @inkychris @Floris0402
Description:
I pass Floris through turn 1 after he's pushed wide. There is a small amount of overlap going into turn 2 and I leave a little over half a cars width to my left to leave Floris space round the outside. Naturally being on the inside I have to slow more to make the corner and I'm also concious both of the send-you-to-space kerb on the right, and also that Floris may still have overlap round the outside if I was overly cautious. Due to visibility I am unaware that at the apex there is no longer any overlap which Floris can probably see. This means that while I'm keeping slow to potentially leave space round the outside, Floris is probably assuming I'll accelerate earlier that I do. Floris has come off the brakes by the apex and is idling round the corner and just as I am coming off the brakes and back onto the accelerator Floris makes contact with the back of my car spinning me round to the right. He brakes briefly after initial contact and then continues to coast while I'm sideways in front of him. He makes another tap on the brakes as he makes second contact with me. This could have actually been quite helpful had he not then gone full throttle and made the third contact with the front of my car which then sends me quickly round to the left and head-first into the barrier. I roll it backwards and round again, finally rejoining the track down in 26th.

The fact that he was coasting around turn 2 when the initial contact was made suggests that it was avoidable, the rest seems outright malicious.

Evidence:

• Wow
Reactions: StephenCarry

Floris0402

Junior Karter
Jan 5, 2020
I'm sorry, I found your car in front and didn't have time to brake. The contact was absolutely not wanted

inkychris

AOR PC GT3 S12 T2 Champion
Dec 9, 2018
Yeah i mean I could understand if the initial incident was seen as a racing incident, but I felt like the following contacts could have been at least reduced, if not avoided, so as not to so significantly impact my race.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
After carefully reviewing the submitted evidence, the stewards concluded that @Floris0402 caused a moderate avoidable collision as he didn't leave enough racing room to @inkychris during the overtake.
@Floris0402 receives a 30 seconds penalty on his race results and 10 penalty points on his AOR driver license.

@Floris0402 @inkychris
@krop @Shooter80

Status
Not open for further replies.