Not open for further replies.

Birche

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 21, 2020
ACC Tier Round Number: Tier 2 - Round 2 Zandvoort
League Coordinator: @Shooter80 @krop
Date: 18th Feb
Members Involved: @Birche @ApexMaibom
Description: ApexMaibom move twice and in braking zon when he trying to defend, he moving to right, so I think then I go left in braking zon but late move by him force me to move right and brake later for not hit him in the rear.
Evidence:

ApexMaibom

AOR XB1 GT3 S12 T3 Champion
Jan 13, 2019
I do see that it could look like I was doing a deliberate blocking maneuver here but, I will explain my self the best I can.

I am sorry that you see it this way @Birche but I wasn’t trying to be an unsporting blocker and I was sad to see you spear of the corner as I think our battle could have lasted for good couple of laps more(y)

Coming out of the final turn under pressure, I had a wash of understeer, causing the need to lift off midcorner. This obviously compromised my speed going down the straight leaving me vulnerable of an overtake into T-1.
Foreseeing this I went defensive to cover up the inside line. @Birche followed me to the inside and was having me think he had dedicated him self to go for late braking towards the apex.
In a bid to counter this move I went back to take up the optimal racing line, to hopefully do a switchback to counter the attack and also to avoid being rear ended when hitting my brakes just a moment later. At this time my focus was no longer in my mirrors as I was engaged with finding and hitting my braking point and wasn’t aware that Birche had made a slight move towards the outside at the same time as me.
The way I see it, I only did one move, apart from the defensive drifting towards the inside going down the straight and as you can see from the video material the move was done BEFORE the braking zone and not during braking as Birche says.

I guess we should both have been more obvious in our intentions into this corner but I would never deliberately block a driver in an unsporting manner just to keep them behind.

I won’t by any means deny that I am a hard defender ‘cause probably everyone that has tried getting past me for a position with will know that that is not done easily;)

Anyway if this goes to the stewards, it will be up to them to decide and I would of course accept any decision made.

BTW: I don’t have any additional evidence to add, as it seems Birche has delivered every thing necessary and the only other thing that could have proven my point, was a recording of the view in my VR showing that I was no longer watching my mirror. But unfortunately my PC isn’t quite powerful enough to do live recording while racing

Birche

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 21, 2020
I as the following car have an obligation not to hit you, but if you decide to move 1-0,5 second before braking zone and I am less than 0.1s after is hard avoid it. The defeding car need make his moves clear. you move to right first so stay there so that I not need make guess where to go 1-0,5 second before the braking zon.

Still I understad that you do not need be rear enden, but trust me that somthing I do not want to happen, but I do want to you to be less carefull for somtimes that can happen

I do not want give you any penalty, but make you move more clear in the future

• Agree
Reactions: ApexMaibom
Status
Not open for further replies.