Not open for further replies.

PhoB1a

Formula Karter
Jun 21, 2018
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 2 - Round 2 Zandvoort
League Coordinator: @krop
Date: 18th Feb
Members Involved: Myself and @Recential
Description: Gets hit from behind by Recential, have to wait to rejoin the track safely, rejoin in 29th or something like that. He did not wait.
Evidence:

Recential

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 1, 2018
my fault i guess, didn't expect him to mess up the Apex. No way to properly avoid him, without Braketesting Car's behind. Still my fault

• Clever
Reactions: DaveGaming

Recential

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 1, 2018
In Case it's still possible to Change my Opinion on the Case.

After reviewing the Crash again on my own and with my Teammate, we came to the conclusion that i wasn't able to avoid Contact with the AMG after he messed up the Apex massively.

So, there are 3 Possible options i had in a really short amount of Time.

1. I lift completly to avoid any Contact with the AMG. As you can see in my Onboard, im already trying to Avoid the Contact after i realised he wasn't Accelerating. Problem in Front Engine Cars/Boatley is, as soon as I press the Accelerator/Lift after Accelerating, the Car has a Controllable Oversteer which helps to Rotate the Car. Since i Already have the usual Oversteer to rotate the Car, im not able to fully Press the Brake to Avoid Contact at any Cost.

2. I could have fully pressed the Brake or Stop Accelerating. Since, like already Mentioned, i have the Usual planned Oversteer, which helps Rotating the Car, i have to keep the Car under "Pressure" so i don't fully lose it. Since the Accelerator isn't a proper Option do Avoid the Contact at that Point, the only other Option would have been the Brake. If you look at the Delta, that would have meant that im 1. Brake testing the Car behind me in a Acceleration Zone. Or i would have lost it myself and may have caused even more Trouble since im Sideways on the inside with round about 3 Cars in close range.

3. I Try to keep the Car Stable and hope that the AMG starts to Accelerate. which in the End, i tryed to do. Like already Mentioned twice, the other 2 Options technically aren't real Options, since both of them would have resulted in way more Chaos.

In The End, there wasn't much i could have done differently. No Chance to Brake hard enough to avoid Contact to the Guy ahead without Braketesting the Car behind. Lifting/Braking harder results in a Spin myself.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
the stewards concluded that @Recential caused a moderate avoidable collision, and he'll receive 20 seconds penalty on his race results and 10 penalty points on his AOR driver license.

@Recential @PhoB1a
@krop @Shooter80

Status
Not open for further replies.