• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Closed Tier 2 Round 5 Qualifying - blocked by car on out lap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotters91

Formula 4 1st Driver
Coordinator @Matthew010383
Members involved, @Rotters91 @ART_Connor_74
Date 08/06/21
On a flying lap in qualifying I caught @ART_Connor_74 going up the mountain. He had already let other cars pass but stayed on the racing line as I approached. I flashed my lights several times. He moved a little to the left but then came back towards the middle of the track and I was unable to react quick enough in the wet conditions. In the post race Discord chat he said he hadn't seen me until too late he clearly wasn't paying attention to his mirrors or the mini map. This ruined both of our last runs and almost caused other cars to hit us.

Apex_WhiteOut

Junior Karter
14:20
To explain what happened I let the McLaren and Bentley past. I saw them because I was looking in my mirrors and paying attention.

After I let them pass I looked again and didn't see anyone so I continued going a few seconds later I checked again and saw another Bentley coming, already committed to the right I stuck to it and went to get out of the way on the exit of the left. as I got to the exit I tried to pull slightly on to the grass to allow more space so he could pass. Unfortunately pretty much as soon as I hit the grass my front left locked and as a result I moved back toward the right, with my wheels pointed left the hole Time, I looked back in my mirror to see how close he was and then he ran in to the back of me. I mentioned all of this in discord to him but it seems he conveniently forgot to mention it to make me looks bad.

Rotters91

Formula 4 1st Driver
You have a mini map available to use on which you would've seen there was another car coming. You were going too slow through the right/left when you could've made a better effort to clear the corner instead of braking just the other side of it. I have to commit assuming you'll get well out of the way which you didn't. I don't need to refer to our exchange in Discord and I don't accept your account because it's clear you had a lack of awareness which is your responsibility on an out lap.

Apex_WhiteOut

Junior Karter
You have a mini map available to use on which you would've seen there was another car coming. You were going too slow through the right/left when you could've made a better effort to clear the corner instead of braking just the other side of it. I have to commit assuming you'll get well out of the way which you didn't. I don't need to refer to our exchange in Discord and I don't accept your account because it's clear you had a lack of awareness which is your responsibility on an out lap.
you cant tell me what i was doing. i was there and i know what i did. your just making **** up to make me look bad. i knew you were there and i did what i thought would be best at the time unfortunatly it didnt play out how i wanted it to. if you hadnt got mad at me in discord id have appolagised to you. but all you have done is get mad and try to make out like i dont know what im doing.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
The stewards will not take any further action on this.

The stewards see this as unfortunate circumstance that sometimes happens during qualifying. @Apex_WhiteOut could have had better attention but also @Rotters91 could have anticipated that he couldn't take the normal racing line with a car being in front.

@Rotters91 @Apex_WhiteOut @Matthew010383

Status
Not open for further replies.