Moved - Tier 2 | Round 7 | Lap 1 | Spun out at the chicane | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Moved Tier 2 | Round 7 | Lap 1 | Spun out at the chicane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanders

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 7, 2018
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 2, Round 7
League Coordinator: @krop @Shooter80
Date:
24/03/2020
Members Involved: @seppel165 @Vanders

Description

@seppel165 hit the rear corner of my car at the first chicane on just the first lap of the race. This caused a significant incident that impacted several other drivers and ended my race immediately.

The corner was clearly mine and he was attempting to remain side-by-side in a chicane where there is really only one line, as demonstrated by the fact the outside car of the two ahead of us backed out and safely negotiated the chicane without incident.

This is a plainly avoidable incident right at the beginning of the race at a corner that was specifically highlighted during the race briefing as a problem spot.

Evidence

Edit:
Just a note to say he was a gent and messaged me afterwards to apologise. Much appreciated.

Last edited:

seppel165

AOR XB1 Assetto Corsa Porsche Cup S1 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
I think @Vanders supplied all the angels neccessary. So I will not add anything for evidence, just my point of view.

As we came down the backstraight I had an Audi and a Ferrar right on my tail (it was Lap1) so I tried to find a space to brake safely without getting hit from behind. The space I found was at the outside of @Vanders
As I knew it is difficult to go 2 wide through the chicane I tried to duck in behind him at the first apex as you can see on the replay, unfortunately he was still beside me and I assumed the Audi right behind as I had a brief look in my mirror under breaking. As I couldn't duck behind him I was forced to go two wide through the second part of the chicane taking all the curb I possibly could. Unfortunetly @Vanders must have thought he is in front and clear to his right side, probably getting distracted by the Ferrari completly cutting the chicane behind. So I had no room on the inside as I was still besides him.
As I watched the replay I saw the Audi way more behind then I realized in the heat off the first lap so it could have been avoidable in 2 ways.

1st me, getting in line behind @Vanders as there was space I didn't saw in the situation.
2nd him, giving me that slightly bit more room to avoid the contact, as I still was there.

I send @Vanders a PM after the race where I apologized that his race was ruined due to this incident as he was the one suffering from the contact.

Vanders

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 7, 2018
@T.Kexel Huh, weird. I returned to pits and then I was looking at the replay. Did that return me to the track?

dakuza

F1 1st Driver
Feb 8, 2018
@T.Kexel sounds like a glitch in the network code. I did not see anyone stopped there after lap 1. I did however have a stopped car at 2nd chicane well outside of racing line for several laps, don't remember who it was.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards decided that @seppel165 caused a minor avoidable collision and @Vanders was at fault of dangerous driving by rejoining in traffic with car not under control.
Both will receive 5 seconds penalty and 5 penalty points.

@Vanders @seppel165
@krop @Shooter80

Status
Not open for further replies.