PC - Tier 2 Starting procedure | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Tier 2 Starting procedure

Which start procedure would you like to use?

• The AOR start

• The in-game "widget" CP race-style start

• Fully manual in-game start (Porsche Cup, endurance races)

Results are only viewable after voting.

JKay14

AOR ACC S3 Tier 2 Champion
Jun 5, 2018
@krop @Shooter80
Yeah... I was wrong about the new start procedure. Would prefer it's left as it was. I got a drive through in the social race and have no idea why. This would suck if it happened for real in a race. Is there no way any penalties can be cleared?

eXcole

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 11, 2018
@JKay14
I watched Kryptic's stream and he had the right side, since you qualified 1 position (p10) ahead it should've told you to stay on the left, but you were also on the right. Thats my guess for your DT anyway..

Reactions: JKay14

Vanders

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 7, 2018
@JKay14
I watched Kryptic's stream and he had the right side, since you qualified 1 position (p10) ahead it should've told you to stay on the left, but you were also on the right. Thats my guess for your DT anyway..
Did someone disconnect at the front? Haven't done a widget start before, so I'm a little wary of tomorrow.

eXcole

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 11, 2018
Did someone disconnect at the front? Haven't done a widget start before, so I'm a little wary of tomorrow.
I looked again and counted 10 cars in front of Kryptic, so no disconnect. My last CP race was a while ago, but i believe the game would change the side you're supposed to be on, meaning Kryptic's widget would say left instead of right (pls confirm someone?).

Oblit0r

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 10, 2018
@krop @Shooter80
Yeah... I was wrong about the new start procedure. Would prefer it's left as it was. I got a drive through in the social race and have no idea why. This would suck if it happened for real in a race. Is there no way any penalties can be cleared?
Penalties can be cleared, but afaik they won't do it. There's a /clear_all command one of the cods could type just after the start to remove DTs, I've been asking for this since these polls about a new starting procedure started. After the race they could then check if someone actually did something wrong and penalize them for it.
But from the conversation I had with Voodoo in discord, it seems like they're not gonna use that command. That's why I very much oppose this procedure, as I think a DT for a small mistake is way too harsh and can ruin someone's entire race.

• Sad

Rgm12345

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 26, 2019
I feel like we saw at the start of the race the main issue of 40ish cars all going into t1 at the same time, maybe its because it's a tight ish track but yeah idk

Birche

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 21, 2020
I do like in game start it was tight, a little crazy but exciting compared to AOR start. do not think we can blame the field that it is to big for this crash, it could have happened with 20 cars also, it more up to the drivers avoid it.

I never support to have changes mid season if it is not something thats really needs it, changes can turn around the championship and that not really fair. SomeRandomTramp getting DT for not doing any thing wrong does not feel right. Some drivers had to start from the pit so quali was totally pointless. The In game start is good in theory, but game still has some bugs that can ruins it. we had working system that maybe not was perfect but it was at least good.

this was something I already felt before the race, but it is easy to say now afterwards.

we all know what option we voted for and what differences they had. so I only think we have to live with it (if not coordinators want to change it) for this was what the majority of us voited for in the end.

Shooter80

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Some drivers had to start from the pit so quali was totally pointless
Its worse than that, if you have to start from the pits its not only quali that is pointless, but the entire race. You start effectively on lap 0, when everyone else is on lap 1.

I started the race behind the entire field, let every car that got close to me past (since I was being shown blue flags), still somehow drove to 16th on the track, but because the game didn't count my first lap it classified me in 26th and last.

Zero flexibility or margin for error with the ACC start.

• Sad
Reactions: Birche

JKay14

Jun 5, 2018
I find it bizarre that P1 received a drive through too. It feels like pot luck.

seriously, just bin this widget idea. It’s going to **** people off and drive them away.

Last edited:

Vanders

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 7, 2018
The other thing I didn't like was there was a moment where I was suddenly required to accelerate. It all felt a little odd.

Oblit0r

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 10, 2018
I checked the replay and @SomeRandomTramp didn't seem to follow to rules the game sets as he was in the middle of the track. It's 100% not worthy of a DT tho, imo.

1583932216942.png

JulianSchmitz

Pro Karter
Jul 7, 2019
I've had now four race starts with the new widget. As one of the slower guys mostly fairly back at the grid, these are my opinions:

I'm still pro widget start.

The one odd thing there is, is the fact that when it comes to go double file, you have to make up a hell of a lot space so you won't get put into the pits for being to far back. But to be fair, in AOR procedure that also happens, but most of the time you won’t make it to get a clean start where the whole grid is bunched up. For 40 cars on track the formation point would have to be way earlier to get a nice start at the back. Also in AOR procedure you can’t ghost through cars who fell asleep which generates gaps and traffic jam for everyone behind.

One more thing when you start way back, you almost every race have to switch up your lane to go to because ppl dropped out of the grid for whatever reason and you are not always certain if you are on the right side and the error of one effects the whole field behind.

I never encountered a random DT tho, I can imagine that experience make one hate the widget.

I don't know what it is exactly that make starts in ACC such a hassle. I mean in iRacing it works almost every time with random guys, maybe it’s just the fact we go to single file and back to double file and maybe the lack of a pace car. Although iRacing will get now problems with that cause with ntm7 you now also should start to warming tires in pacelap which is tricky in double file. In ACC I don't care to much about heating up tires with weaving more to get my pressures up by dragging the brakes tho, so maybe double file formation lap is an option?

Reactions: krop and JKay14

JKay14

Jun 5, 2018
I don’t mind the widget staying providing there’s someone who can clear any penalties after lap 1? Is it not a simple command?

Reactions: SomeRandomTramp

krop

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018
@SomeRandomTramp it really looks like you were literally in the middle of the track. There is a bit of leeway as to where you are supposed to be positioned, but not that much. Look at your position relative to the starting grid spots, for example - I'd follow those instead.

I've done about 20 starts already using the widget start and not once did I get penalized. Don't be afraid to drive through the cars when lining up double-file, you won't crash into anyone at this point because the collisions are off anyway. When the game tells you to "keep left" keep LEFT, not "sort of left, but in the middle of the track" - this has been the case with most of the "starting procedure sucks!" videos/clips.

@JKay14 it's not feasible for us as both me and Shooter will be driving, we'd have to know the car number that got the penalty and then somehow reach our keyboards while driving. /clear_all is easier, but it would clear every single penalty. Plus it's prone to abuse.

The start carnage might have as well happened under any start procedure if I'm honest. I've seen similar things happen in ACC under AOR start and back in PC2 days as well. Since only about 8 cars were seriously affected, I chose not to restart the race - normally it should be about half the field that gets involved to warrant a restart. No one has reported the incident yet.

Tier 1 start was as clean as it gets, it was very satisfying to watch on stream.

SomeRandomTramp

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 16, 2019
Fair enough, I can see that I was too far to the left but a DT is not a suitable penalty for that. It's not even worth a penalty at all. For as long as a DT is given the in game start is not a good choice imo

Recential

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 1, 2018
I don't Understand why a DT should not be a fair Penalty? It's SUPER easy to Understand what you have to do. It's not Rocket Science and if You or someone else, is not able to follow that simple of Instructions, then you should be Penalized for that sorry.

It's as Simple as tracklimits, if you exceed the Rule, you get Penalized quite harsh. If you don't follow the Start Procedure, you get penalized quite harsh.

And i wanna point out, im not saying that because it's you, but in general. It's super Easy to Understand, how come People still can't follow that simple of Instructions.

Reactions: JulianSchmitz