FWD12

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 17, 2020
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 3 - Round 2
League Coordinator: @Xeonski @LiboCZ
Date: 2020/02/18
Members Involved: @FWD12 @Allen
Description:
Warming up the tires and the brakes, while being on the beginning of the formation lap on the start/finish straight. Was leaving some space to the guy in front of me to get some heat in my brakes/tires as seen in video footage, when suddenly i got a massive hit in the rear which resulted in me spinning and having damage.

Evidence:

Reactions: NynS

Allen

Pro Karter
Feb 19, 2018
Sorry I saw this wayy too late but I will reply to this anyway.....from my point of view at that time I did not expect this guy to all of a sudden just brake like that after speeding up so fast not sure it was my fault 100% as in a formation lap isn't it that everyone should keep a steady pace at speed limits and not just going full throttle and at the same time just braking fully which from my point of view is wrong but I did crash into him and for that I will take whatever penalty you guys give me but people should keep a steady pace on formation lap and not just go and brake hard all the time during the formation lap which is unacceptable from my point of view

Allen

Pro Karter
Feb 19, 2018
Also I think that some or most of these guys should go read the formation lap rules and guide as most of these guys are not keeping to those formation lap rules and speed limits which makes it unfair for some of us but I will be sure to also upload clips on any wrong doing on the formation laps and race from now on by other people.

• Agree
Reactions: StephenCarry

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
Although the stewards agree with @Allen's remarks about the bad execution of formation lap in round 2, they concluded that @Allen caused a significant avoidable collision.

Considering aggravating (formation lap) and attenuating circumstances (other drivers less than perfect driving) , the stewards decided to give @Allen 30 seconds penalty on his race results and 15 penalty points on his AOR driver license.

The stewards kindly ask tier 3 coordinators to make a strong point with tier 3 drivers about the execution of the formation lap.

@Allen @FWD12
@Xeonski @LiboCZ

Status
Not open for further replies.