Mar 9, 2016

ROUND 3 - Long Beach

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday February 20th 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
  • Qualifying: 10 minutes
  • Race: 46 laps (1 formation lap + 45 race laps)
● Weather Conditions:
For weather conditions and progression, please visit the Weather Center

● In-game time-of-day information:
  • In-game date 07/04/2019
  • Qualifying time: 07 April 2019 01:00 (AM)
  • Race start time: 07 April 2019 02:00 (AM)
Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:

seppel165

AOR XB1 Assetto Corsa Porsche Cup S1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016

Round 3 - Long Beach
Driver briefing

Track Limits

For this track we didn't find any potential corner cutting which could not get recognized by the in-game track limit detection. Therefore all parts of the track the in-game track limits apply.

Pit Entry
The pit entry at Long Beach is very close after the exit of the final turn (hairpin) and requires hard braking at a section of track where cars not entering the pits will be on full throttle. It is strongly advised to try to ensure that any drivers alongside or immediately behind you are aware that you intend to enter the pits on that lap. This can be by either:
  • Informing the driver via voice chat.
    • With a short message such as: "P5 pitting this lap" (try not to assume that others will recognise your car from only your voice/name)
  • Flashing your lights a few times in the final section of track.
    • If you do flash your lights to inform of an intended pit entry, then you must make an attempt to enter the pits. Flashing your lights in most other situations is forbidden by the rules.
  • Keeping to the inside/right during and while exiting the final hairpin.
    • As this is not the normal racing line, this should help avoid the situation where a car behind on full throttle does not have time to react.
Pit Exit
The pit exit at Long Beach leads the exiting car directly onto a section of track which is commonly used as the normal racing line for cars on approach to turn 1 (picture below), and can easily lead to incidents if drivers on track are not fully aware that a car is exiting.
View attachment 71419

During the race; cars exiting the pits have priority over the pitlane, and it is the responsibility of the driver passing the pits to ensure there is no contact, it is strongly advised for all drivers to run with the 'track map' section of the HUD visible, and to check for people exiting the pits using that, before committing to taking the racing line which crosses onto the pit exit.

However, it is also advised that drivers exiting the pits should try to help ensure that others are aware they are, by either:
  • Informing the driver via voice chat.
    • With a short message such as: "P10 exiting pits" (try not to assume that others will recognise your car from only your voice/name)
  • Flashing your lights a few times after you have exited your box but before the pit limiter line.
    • As it is a night race, this is usually quite visible, despite the pit wall blocking direct view.
During qualifying; cars on track, and on a flying lap, have priority over cars exiting the pits to begin an outlap. To reduce the likelihood of issues, people planning to exit the pits are strongly advised to either:
  • First use the 'Monitor' section from the pits, to view the full track map, to ensure that there should be a significant section of free track to pull out into.
  • Exit the pits very slowly (or stop your car before the section that crosses the racing line), and check for cars approaching using the 'relative' display on the HUD, before continuing.

General information
As this is a night race, drivers are reminded of the rules covering the requirement for having working/active headlights at all times:
2.3 Driving in different conditions

For races that take place at night time, all drivers are required to have their headlights on in order to make your car visible to others, and to make the road more visible for you. If you're involved in an accident which damages both of your headlights, you must return to the pits immediately for repairs. Please also make sure you have a button assigned to turn the headlights on.

Last edited:

Dannys1987

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 11, 2018
How many driver we going to have next week?

PapaBear

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Sep 18, 2018
@Dannys1987 I am told that the 2 new drivers will be there as well as the 5 that raced at Monza plus we hope @BarryTRCTurner hopes to have recovered from his injury. I do know that @akjessen will not be completing the season due to domestic demands.

Reactions: BarryTRCTurner

Dannys1987

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 11, 2018
@Dannys1987 I am told that the 2 new drivers will be there as well as the 5 that raced at Monza plus we hope @BarryTRCTurner hopes to have recovered from his injury. I do know that @akjessen will not be completing the season due to domestic demands.
I have a friend that signed up yesterday and is available to race. Any chance we can get him into teir 4 for next week? His name is scooby stevo.

seppel165

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
I have a friend that signed up yesterday and is available to race. Any chance we can get him into teir 4 for next week? His name is scooby stevo.
I am waiting for his TT. But he will surely be assigned as long as he did TT

BarryTRCTurner

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 9, 2018
I am recovered enough to race so I will be there on Wednesday I managed to finally get behind the wheel again yesterday

seppel165

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Mar 9, 2016
Sooooo, by the looks of it I was too fast as we changed our mind during the discussion. Please see aboves post as new and now fix rule.
Sorry for the confusion I created.

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
I may (fingers crossed) also be able to race. And I might also improve on my 14 laps down performance in Season 9!

Reactions: BarryTRCTurner

Scooby Stevo

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 6, 2018
I am waiting for his TT. But he will surely be assigned as long as he did TT
Hi I have been assigned to tier 4 by @PapaBear based on my time trials but do not yet appear on the tier 4 driver list. I have chosen my car in the car selection thread but this has as yet not been assigned. Sorry for any trouble, I am just keen to get assigned and racing for long beach.

PapaBear

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Sep 18, 2018
Hi I have been assigned to tier 4 by @PapaBear based on my time trials but do not yet appear on the tier 4 driver list. I have chosen my car in the car selection thread but this has as yet not been assigned. Sorry for any trouble, I am just keen to get assigned and racing for long beach.
Sorry it took me a little while @Scooby Stevo but all entered now.

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
Currently doing 1min24s, what pace is everyone else at?

Keys To The Race:
-Stay out the walls
-Get lucky
-Qualify well

Tips:
-Practice laps with minor damage, as you will lose to much time pitting every time you get minor suspension damage.
-Practice with major damage and with headlights off, so you know how quickly you can safely return to the pits.
-Make sure you can use the ICM easily and quickly

It may sound like I'm being demoralising, predicting crashes, but in S9 T3 only 1 person didn't have to put for repairs during the race.

PapaBear

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Sep 18, 2018
Currently doing 1min24s, what pace is everyone else at?

Keys To The Race:
-Stay out the walls
-Get lucky
-Qualify well

Tips:
-Practice laps with minor damage, as you will lose to much time pitting every time you get minor suspension damage.
-Practice with major damage and with headlights off, so you know how quickly you can safely return to the pits.
-Make sure you can use the ICM easily and quickly

It may sound like I'm being demoralising, predicting crashes, but in S9 T3 only 1 person didn't have to put for repairs during the race.
@SmokingPuppy841 and @everyone. Please check the rules as you may not run with lights off. It is forbidden.

Lordendo

Pro Karter
Oct 20, 2018
1.206 - very happy with my tune and time but wow.....tight track when you throw 15 AI out there as well. Very difficult to pass in those corners...... Rolling start with AI is a gong show in the final corner.

Lordendo

Pro Karter
Oct 20, 2018
The rules above state that if you lose both headlights in an accident that you must pit immediately which I believe is what smokingpuppy is suggesting? You could have to do the better part of a lap to get to the pits.

Naazer CG

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 11, 2019
Hello how are you ? I’m rendu for drive this race

Naazer CG

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 11, 2019
Maybe add me NaaaaazR if u want practice clean track / cars