Closed - Tier 4 Round 5 Lap 1 Incident | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Closed Tier 4 Round 5 Lap 1 Incident

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfriede1951

Semi-Pro Karter
May 14, 2020
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 4, Round 5
League Coordinator: @Artur "Jankes" Sobota
Date: 7th July 2020
Members Involved: @Revelations94 @Elfriede1951
Description: After loosing the start to Hohlov and with the fact in mind that we have 90 minutes of Spa in changing conditions ahead, I drive through EauRouge very carefully and not at full throttle to avoid chaos. But @Revelations94 probably has the big chance to win the race in the first Lap and totally goes for the move and takes a racing-line as if I wasn't there - putting me back into P14
Evidence:

Last edited:

Revelations94

Junior Karter
May 1, 2018
I took a normal line and even stayed off the track to the left to give enough room as I noticed there was a difference in the speeds we took up the hill. I wasn't even thinking of attempting a move I just took a normal line and even lifted off far more than I would normally whilst going through Raidillon, to the point where I wasn't even applying any throttle for a moment.
Looking at both onboards it's clear that the closing rate between the two of us was significant enough to where sufficient room should have been left on the inside if he claimed he was being careful. The only way to avoid this would be for me to stomp on the brakes once I realised the gap is closing when I'm already taking a wide berth and he goes straight for the kerb on the inside of Raidillon, If I were to try to avoid it at that point it would have been too late and there would have been contact anyway, or if I'd somehow managed to avoid it then it would have meant braking in a place where nobody would be expecting it and causing a pileup behind.

More could have been done on both sides to avoid contact but I was expecting to be left more room than I was as there was plenty of space towards the exit of the corner. If I were on the other side I would be understandably annoyed but I don't see how it can be viewed as anything more than a racing incident.

Elfriede1951

Semi-Pro Karter
May 14, 2020
I don‘t have to much to add, just wanting to quote the essentials of the rulebook and see if you get it then:

„1.2 Overtaking

● Don't be too aggressive when trying to overtake. As the chasing car, it is generally your responsibility to not make contact with the car in front.

1.3 Defending

● Excessive weaving and blocking is not allowed. As soon as a driver is in striking distance behind you, you are supposed to choose and stick to one line. When defending from another car, choose a line on the track and stick to it. Do not force a chasing car off the track by leaving it too little room. If the attacking car is alongside you going into a corner (generally if the attacking car's front wheels is alongside or ahead of the defending car's rear wheels), you must adjust your line to avoid contact.“

In my opinion the facts in this case are that you were chasing and were responsible to not make contact, after the Porsche got past I took a line that was pretty predictable, you never were alongside enough not even when the contact happend for me to adjust my line.
Ah and even if you would have lifted or stayed further to the left you would have overtaken me on the Straight anyways ;)

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have reviewed the evidence and conluded that @Revelations94 is to blame for causing a minor avoidable collision. @Revelations94 will receive a 10 race results points reduction and 10 drivers license points (including 5 points for it being the first lap of the race). Even though @Revelations94 did move to the left as much as he could, without leaving the track, it is still the responsibility of the car behind to make sure no contact is made. The penalty was slightly reduced due to the circumstances.

Closed.
@Revelations94 @Elfriede1951 @Artur "Jankes" Sobota

Status
Not open for further replies.