Moved - Tier 5 - Round 3 - Lap 3 (and 0) - Getting hit two times and request to remove a DT penalty. | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Moved Tier 5 - Round 3 - Lap 3 (and 0) - Getting hit two times and request to remove a DT penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NynS

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 23, 2019
ACC Tier + Round Number: 5 - round 3
League Coordinator: @morphee7 @VoodooChild
Date: 25-02-2020
Members Involved: @Tyborg @NynS
Description:
Four moments that at the best can be identified as not knowing the rules and very poor driving (manners).

The following videos in order of the time they happened:

Lap 0:
- Sorg spins during the formation lap. Instead of staying behind people, like he is supposed to according to the rules, he gradually makes his way forward again during the line-up at the start. I must admit that he does so very capably, but he is at least confusing a lot of people whether they have to go left or right, basically causing chaos. The fact that he was back around my position is a condicio sine qua non to the following incidents:

https://youtu.be/HNx9Vq22yO0

Lap 3:
- Incident speaks for itself mostly, but Sorg dives into the inside while I'm carefully taking the racing line. This incident caused a bit of damage at my car, but it was nothing compared to what would follow. The incident is longer than just the first incident. I feel he didnt brake before hitting me the 2nd time, or 0.03 sec before he hit me. And then I don't even talk about the excessive flashing which is in my reason very poor driver etiquette. Once is enough if you dont agree with a move.

I have no intention to incriminate Sorg, but this race ruined a potential top 10 (I had the speed) and made it a backmarker spot. I passed a lot of midfield guys and was more or less on the speed of #7, following him lap after lap. I was forced to make two pitstops (lap 4, lap 35) and with the DT my race was over.

Cockpit cam #19

Regarding the next video, #19 rear view, I would also like to ask the stewards to remove my first drivethrough. After the incident, I lost a lot of time and I came back on track behind the last turn. The game gave me a DT. Now I can't prove it with my video alone, but if there are logs it can be pinpointed to that exact moment. I couldn't repair my heavily damaged car and had to take a DT.

Cockpit cam #187

Rear view #187

Helicopter view

Last edited:

VoodooChild

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
<COPIED FROM @Tyborg 's INQUIRY>

ACC Tier + Round Number: 5 - round 3
League Coordinator: @morphee7 @VoodooChild
Date: 25-02-2020
Members Involved: @Tyborg @NynS
Description:
Driver hits someone NEXT to him

I had a huge gap between me and Nyns and he wasn't aware of his surroundings, I am not sure if he does have a crew chief, or always drives in tunnel vision? the mirrors are on, the move I did was a normal one that I wouldn't even have thought I would have got hit, even looking at the footage I can't believe how bad the driving was on the others behalf, no offence.

Tyborg

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jul 28, 2016
The spin at the start was a mistake, and I get everyone is involved but this really didn't effect him really, so it wasn't his incident....that being said I wasn't to sure of the process I remember reading something, but seeing how this doesn't happen often to me I made the wrong move here.

I feel am only reported on this because he was mad about first causing an obvious accident and then the 2nd incident happening.

I am however very very sorry for the spin at the start, I really hope I am not/not punished too harshly. I, for sure know what to do. I did listen tobconversation in the chat on my cell and didn't hear anyone say anything about it, I am sorry.

Lap 2 or 3 he says "I have no intention to incriminate Sorg, but this race ruined a potential.. " sounds like he wouldn't have normally reported this but out of emotions for his own result he decides to? That hardly seems fair. I even talked to him and suggested about the one he caused would not get filed from me, if the one that looks bad on my behalf didn't get reported from me. To save him some injury to the insult.

I will say on the last accident we are going to talk about I was mad, I did flash him, but not excessively. Up until these 2 incidents I had a few times I had tried or had the opportunity to pass him. I am sure he is unaware it seems he doesn't know whats going on around him.

I took that first huge opening in the first incident, and he crashed into me, so when he got back on I flashed him to let him know how he was a bad driver, (you hit the flash button once it goes off multiple times, I might have hit it 2 times I didn't sit and count exactly how many times.)

On the next incident (the one in my video) I came in aggressive even careless. From my view I thought I was missing him at first, I had taken the SAME line 95% of the time. I came in at the same speed, 200 kilometers an hour, you can check it on the car dash. I took the turn the same spot I always do, I was not aware (being early in the race) he was doing a slightly wider line and looks like he broke reallllllly early to me. Last min I tried to change my line and not hit him you can see me avoiding him on my wheel in 1st person view, because of how cranked it was.

I also added a few extra clips at the end to show me doing the line exactly the same on other laps, I have almost 44 examples of it just from this race lol.

I do know it looks like it was out of anger or retaliation, I would have plowed into him and left that game if I was mad enough to hit someone to take them out. But that is not the case nor would this be anywhere nearly that easy to get me that mad. I would have had to thought he was doing this on purpose and not just being extremely inexperienced like I do now.

I would ask politely the stewards not remove his DT that was a huge cheat cut he did, after causing these incidents.

Last edited:

NynS

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 23, 2019
About the starting procedure: No, I don't have anything to gain and it is not intended badly either. I even compliment on how you safely make your way through the field. But without you spinning or getting back to position, you would not be around my position. Which is why I mention it and not because of being 'out for blood' and 'be really mad to mention the spin at the start' like you also mentioned to me through the very discord channel that you mention. Again, nothing but compliments for the safety of these manoeuvres, but like above I question the legal validity.

Lap 2 or 3 he says "I have no intention to incriminate Sorg, but this race ruined a potential.. " sounds like he wouldn't have normally reported this but out of emotions for his own result he decides to? That hardly seems fair. I even talked to him and suggested about the one he caused would not get filed from me, if the one that looks bad on my behalf didn't get reported from me. To save him some injury to the insult.
Well, if someone literally ruins your race through what I feel to be 100% your fault, not 'argued who it was' and then try to bargain not going to the stewards rather than something like "Sorry for incident #2, I misjudged my braking heavily - I do feel #1 was your fault" I could have lived with that and would not be as extensive as I am above. I would still put it in front of the stewards - if you place yourself in my shoes and your whole race is down the drain, what would you do?

Now at the moment itself I was sure of it being intentional but that was during the race. After watching the replay, you go for a gap that never existed at all and I can't say anything about the intention you had in incident #2.

About the incident 1: There is little room for crew chief if you show up on my left quite late (not implying on that move). Do notice that in non-VR cockpit view, you literally come from my blind side there. I generally opt not to go to the stewards for a small punt or anything. Without incident 2 I would not have put incident 1 forward even though I received light damage. I don't think it is my fault - you are the rear car and with two cars in front I also need to think about positioning. I honestly did not expect a car on my inside with a move like that and considering where you were prior to the turn it has nothing to do with steering in on you. This is blind side, not spottable and I am already moving more to the left here.

1582701829636.png

About the flashing: I hardly flash at drivers and if I do, for letting them know they can pass me or anything or their lights are off, I use the lights on-off option. I don't know about the mechanics of the automatic flasher, it is not mapped on my wheel. If flashing 7/8 times is caused by one or two buttons, I have said nothing about it.

About incident 2: Are you really implying that taking the same line every other lap means that you were justified to take it that lap as well? There's a bloody car in between :)

About my DT: While it is debateable if I am allowed to mention your formation lap, i think it is pretty clear you literally have nothing to do with my DT removal request other than being the cause of the whole issue.

Regarding your mediation request, you did ask me to interchange incidents, saying I caused accident #1 while you say it can be argued who caused accident #2. I honestly do not know how I can even be considered to have caused accident #2. Note that your brake lights only flash when there's quite a speed delta between us and you are maybe 4 meters away from my car. Especially in the first few laps, you should not be taking risky manoeuvres. I do not agree on causing accident one, as above, furthermore you are the rear car and it is your job not to hit the car in front. I would like to repeat that I also had two cars in front to anticipate on.

When you were behind me in lap 3, I was checking my mirrors extensively even though in night conditions you only see a few lights moving left or right. The popping up of the 'car in your vicinity' for incident 1 was maybe 0.3 seconds before you hit me, let alone that I hear the message of the spotter. Substract 0.1 seconds for noticing it and that gives me a whopping fifth of a second to decide what I would do. Real drivers might instinctively steer right, but they are used to racing. My reaction as an office guy is slightly slower than that. And considering the line you drove I doubt even moving to the complete right side of the track would've prevented the accident since you'd end up on the outside.

Note that I am the front car as well.

Last edited:

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
@StephenCarry what are you saying what to? And why comment on someone else’s incidents ?
I did not comment, as it is not allowed, I only reacted.

Sorry @morphee7 to being forced to comment.

I only now realized I could've DMed him directly, but we already had that conversation about reactions and comments after he insulted a multitude of drivers in a prior inquiry. Honestly didn't want that again.

Last edited:

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
the stewards reviewed the video evidence and decided that:

@Tyborg will receive 10 seconds penalty and 5 penalty points on his AOR driver license for Dangerous Driving, for not respecting the formation lap rules about rejoining at the back of the grid.

the first collision was deemed a racing incident, and no further action will be applied.

for the second incident, the stewards acknowledge that @NynS braked earlier and harder than that corner usually requires, but it was on @Tyborg to pay the due attention so early in the race, especially right after another contact. @Tyborg will receive 5 seconds penalty and 5 penalty points on his AOR driver license

total +15 seconds + 10 penalty points.

Regarding @NynS' DT penalty, it's not possible to remove it retro-actively.

@Tyborg @NynS
@morphee7

• Agree
Reactions: NynS and Tyborg
Status
Not open for further replies.