• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 22 of the AOR F1 Leagues on F1 2021!
    They are closing on 6th August, so be sure not to miss out! Head to apexonline.racing to sign up!
  • Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Closed Tier 5 - S7R6 Zolder - C.Wright & O.Winkler - Turn 5 Chicane

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkychris

AOR PC GT3 S12 T2 Champion
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 5 - Round 6 (Zolder)
League Coordinator: @GIXXERosg
Date: 2021/06/15
Members Involved: @inkychris @Oto Winkler @GIXXERosg

Description: Oto is just alongside into the braking zone of the turn 5 chicane. Under braking, I end up further ahead again but am leaving space on the inside while Oto takes a fairly straight over the first kerb. As I begin to take the right hand part of the chicane, there is fairly substantial contact, although the Bentley doesn't really seem to notice! I spin and half hold the brakes but Gixxer just clips the back of me. I think if I'd fully stood on the brake he might have just squeezed through, that's my bad, it was just so soon after I'd spun. Sorry again! The incident dropped me from P7 to P12.

Evidence: Chase and cockpit views of all cars:

GIXXERosg

AOR PC ACC S5 Tier 5 Champion
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
I think Chris made a reasonable attempt holding the brakes/car, it wasn't drifting backwards. I should of taken a better arc/line and gone onto the curb, forgot how wide the car is.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
The stewards have reviewed the evidence and concluded that none of the drivers involved can solely be blamed for what happened. This is considered a racing incident. No further action required.

Closed.
@inkychris @Oto Winkler @GIXXERosg

Status
Not open for further replies.