Closed Tier 6 - Round 5 - Dive Bomb Or No Room Given?

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormENT

PC GT3 S9 AM Champion
Nov 1, 2017
UK
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 6- Round 5
League Coordinator: @Borderline
Date: 29th September 2020
Members Involved: @StormENT @Catalin Sasu
Description: I was racing with @Catalin Sasu and felt there was a borderline 2 moves coming up to turn 5 under the "Mothers" Sign. I was going to take the inside, which was then covered, but when I then moved right the Bentley also moved right and braked. I think the move left should have been the 1 move although both were quite half hearted.
After that I had a good run up to the corkscrew and took the inside line. I braked earlier than I had been to make sure I could hug the left of the corner. I was going so slow I even came off the brakes a couple times, whilst tracking the Bentley to my right.
The Bentley then turned into the corner and took the apex, which left me nowhere to go.
I waited as I was the overtaking driver but I felt like I deserved a cars width on the inside. The resulting hits from behind caused a loss of all grip at the back and I had to retire a couple laps later.
Can you confirm if this was a divebomb by myself or if @Catalin Sasu was wrong to turn in so early?
Thanks
Evidence:

StormENT

PC GT3 S9 AM Champion
Nov 1, 2017
UK
Sorry @Catalin Sasu I think you misunderstood. I'm asking the Stewards to clarify if I Divebombed you or if you should have left space on the inside.
I don't think you Divebombed me.

As much as anything I think the Stewarding process is a great educational tool, so I'll report an event I'm unclear on, even if it means there's a chance I'm in the wrong.

I was happily running in 6th when I came into the pits to try the undercut. For some reason, when my car was dropped from the jacks my pit limiter turned off (You can see on the replay the flashing limiter light turns off) I did accidently change into 2nd gear so not sure if that did it? That caused me an immediate 30second stop go so by the time I'd served that I was almost last.
What I'm trying to understand from this enquiry is if I was then too aggressive coming back through the field?

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
AOR
www.fia.com
After a long discussion, the stewards decided that both the drivers were partially at fault for the incident.
@StormENT was never in the position to claim racing room in the corkscrew, but always very close, so much that cutting close to the apex -like @Catalin Sasu did- could be considered dangerous.
For this reason this will be considered a racing incident and no further actions will be issued.

@StormENT @Catalin Sasu
@Borderline

Status
Not open for further replies.