Closed - Tier 6 - Round 9 - Lap 49 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Closed Tier 6 - Round 9 - Lap 49

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrEmAych

AOR PS4 GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Jan 2, 2018
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 6, Round 9
League Coordinator: @VoodooChild
Date: 2020-08-04
Members Involved: @MrEmAych @Leck3000

Description: During lap 49 @Leck3000 makes a mistake and smashes into the barrier. Now instead of waiting off the racing line where his car has stopped he decides to put his foot on the gas and get onto the racing line before braking again. At that point i have nowhere to go and a full speed collision happens. Ending my race

Evidence:

Last edited:

Leck3000

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 11, 2019
When i released the brakes i was already on the racing line and still doing 35mph. knowing there were several cars following a couple of seconds behind the decision was made to roll it off the line a bit with some throttle application. the release and reapplication of the brakes was in realtime, a split second, i was always going to continue across the track even if the brakes were fully depressed. having seen it unfold from such a distance surely some hesitation in approach would have been prudent.

MrEmAych

AOR PS4 GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Jan 2, 2018
Are you actually serious?

Firstly you were basically stopped OFF the racing line not on it. The inputs are there. Watch the video. It would have been "prudent" to stop the car. Thats the rules/guidance. Give people a chance to know what you are going to do. Hold the brakes and the car stops. Funny that.... it's almost like its what brakes were designed for.

I'll save you the time of finding the rules...

"1.6 Spacial Awareness

● If you spin off whilst the pack is close, rejoining the track immediately is ill-advised. You do not ghost and you will cause accidents. Staying still is the best option until the other cars have avoided you. It is far easier to avoid a stationary obstacle."

Secondly. If you make a stupid decision to move forward dont suddenly stop with you car at 90 degrees to the track on the racing line. I also could have avoided you if you had continued. Although why make one bad decision when you can make two?

Having seen the incident unfold and seeing you are to the right of the track off the racing line I had a vague idea that you had common sense had read the rules and would stay there, so in that respect it's my fault for making that assumption. Your automatic reaction should be to hold the brakes. That's it. Then you wouldnt have had a split second decision to make incorrectly.

Last edited:

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have reviewed the evidence and concluded that no further action will be taken.
The stewards believe @Leck3000 couldn't have done more to avoid ending up in the middle of the track. His car was going to end up there regardless.

Closed.
@MrEmAych @Leck3000 @VoodooChild

Status
Not open for further replies.