• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Closed Tier 7 - Round 5 - Lap 3 - Pile-up and aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.

NynS

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 7, Round 5
League Coordinator: @aerosmudge @NynS
Date: 08-06-2021
Members Involved: @Rauth @FunSparx @TomasComas @grzegorzd92 @halojen @James Reilly @Daniel Monteiro
Description:
#24 hits the wall, upon not sticking to the wall anymore tags #368, #83 and #996 enter the pile-up. #51 taps #996 who glitches through #83, coming out of the glitch #996 taps #444. #83 reverses to rejoin the race and collects #106.
Evidence:

0:00 #24
0:19 #368
1:08 #83
2:06 #996
2:47 #51
3:18 #444
3:40 #106

Tagged drivers are requested to give their factual view on what happened in their view

Daniel Monteiro

Premium Member
Premium Member
Car 106 here: Being late to the party I assessed the situation. No car seemed to be moving (although there could of course be other cars behind them that I would not be able to see). I decided the situation was stable and decided to overtake the crash site on the left. Suddenly car 83 reverses into my path, I brake but it's unfortunately too late for me to avoid the accident.

Arguably I could have slowed down to half-pace after the hairpin until I passed the incident zone, and maybe could have avoided it.

Last edited:

TomasComas

Semi-Pro Karter
Following cars #24 and #368. I saw the incident so I slowed down. I coudnt pass #368 from left as #24 was still there not controlling his car and #91 was comming from the left behind. I hit full brakes and waived to the right to soften the impact, hoping #368 to clear the path. Things have changed and I ended up with generous stuffing from behind by #996. Holding the brake and hoping for miracle. After all this I tried to come back, but didnt realize there were still more cars coming from behind. The glitch from #996 actually ended my racing. It took more than 3minutes to repair.

halojen

Junior Karter
I was chasing #30 down the mountain section and there was no yellow flags. At last minute i saw the incident, fully braked and tried to avoid them. To be honest i thought i didn't touch any of the cars.

grzegorzd92

Junior Karter
Car before me coverd visibilty. I didn't see what's going on. Despite i slowed down i hit car. Then my Engine stopped. Next i don't know what happend

Rauth

Junior Karter
Sorry for my late reply.
So i missed the brakepoint a little bit and came into big understeering. Not hitting the wall, was at that point no option anymore and i hoped the best to get out of it without hurting anybody but myself. unfortunatly and without intention there seems to be a curve or a bump in that wall i scratched along. So i bounced uncontrolable from that wall to the inside of the track and caused a hit to one car trying to overtake me in that situation. Sadly the hit caused colleteral damage because of the tightness of the driver field.
I am very sorry for the damage that happend to anybody involved but it was absolutely not on purpose and was a very unfortunate race accident.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
The stewards decided the following penalties:

car #24 @Rauth 5 points reduction on race results + 5 penalty points on AOR driver license for dangerous driving
car #83 @TomasComas 5 points reduction on race results + 5 penalty points on AOR driver license for dangerous rejoin
car #444 @James Reilly 5 points reduction on race results + 5 penalty points on AOR driver license for ignoring yellow flags
car #106 @Daniel Monteiro 5 points reduction on race results + 5 penalty points on AOR driver license for ignoring yellow flags

@Rauth @FunSparx @TomasComas @grzegorzd92 @halojen @James Reilly @Daniel Monteiro
@NynS

Status
Not open for further replies.