Closed Tier 8 - R4 - Last Lap Punted

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

saxondale76

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 12, 2020
United Kingdom
ACC Tier + Round Number: T8 - R4
League Coordinator @morphee7
Date: 6th Oct 2020
Members Involved @saxondale76 @no1else
Description:
I was hit in turn 4/5 and spun. no1else did not wait which is unfortunate as we had been having a good race until then. I went wide and realize he also went wide but clipped my car and spun me around. I feel he should have waited and let me regain the place.
Evidence: Photos/Videos of the incident if applicable.

POV - InCar - Saxondale76

POV - BehindCar - Saxondale76

POV - InCar - no1else

POV - BehindCar - no1else

Apologies for late submit but I had to sort out a ACC crash which was preventing my recording software working.

no1else

Pro Karter
May 15, 2020
Russia
As i explained to you in discord, @saxondale76, when i apologized for that, i've noticed that you're going wide and I commited to the space that opened. When I realised that you're trying to come back to the track right next to me I couldn't really change anything. You can see me staying on the brakes for a bit longer then its needed and taping brakes mid corner, trying to tighten my line, but it didn't do a thing.
And while, yes, I went a bit wider on the entry then i wanted to, I didn't feel that i'm the only one at fault, to me it seemed like you rejoined a bit too soon. I was considering slowing down on the straight and waiting for you, but I figured I won't, since you were still off track at the moment of contact and I had 2 wheels on the tarmac. That makes me think that we both misjudged the situation a little bit, hence why i didn't wait.

Still not sure who's fault is that tho. And again, i'm sorry.

Edit: typos.

Last edited:

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
AOR
www.fia.com
The stewards decided that the collision was caused by @saxondale76 who tried to defend the position despite coming back from an offtrack.
As he was the only one affected by it, the collision will be considered a racing incident and no further actions will be taken.

@saxondale76 @no1else
@morphee7

Status
Not open for further replies.