• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Closed Tier 8 - Round 1 - Lap 28 - Got murdered in turn 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1else

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 8 Round 1
League Coordinator: @duce
Date: 13.01.2021
Members Involved:
@no1else @py4711 @TicklishPicklewickle
Description: Car #471 spins me (#515) on the exit of the 1st chicane, making me lose 7 positions and makes no attempt to back out and return the position. And then #33 finishes me off, heavily damaging my car, leaving no chance to recover any positions as I was losing over 2 seconds per lap because of non-existent straight line speed. But, to be fair, I'm not sure if #33 had any time to react.
Evidence:

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
My POV has already more or less been nicely provided, but I would like to provide just a little video of my actual POV that I race in. I race in cockpit cam with an FOV of 21 (as I sit pretty far away from my single monitor). This exxagerates the effect even more as my abtly named field of view is significantly smaller than the default setting. That coupled with the fact that I was very zoned in on the battle I was having with #69, I really had no time to react.
My apologies for giving you a lot of damage. My race was pretty much over as well. Had 13 seconds worth of front damage and my top speed was just gone. Ended up costing me 4 positions in the remaining 7-8 minutes of the race.

py4711

Junior Karter
Hi guys
First of all, I would like to say that I am deeply sorry to have ruined no1else's race. It was not at all intentional.
I tried to slow down when taking the 2nd corner but I misjudged his exit speed given by his compromised line through T1.
I would also like to point out that this was a long and fair fight from both sides as I'm sure no1else's can confirm. I avoided making contact with his slower car on various occasions from lap 20 onwards, at T1, through the Ascari and the Lesmos. compromising my race and losing a lot of time which I always gained back.

This contact was caused by an error from both sides since his line through T1 made him slower in the exit to T2, I was not able to judge his exit speed correctly in the short time I had to realize it (as I did before since it was the end of the race and I was tired and looking back at the footage it was a really weird line).
Therefore, I consider this as a racing incident rather than a murder, although I understand no1else's frustration. This was also the reason why I did not slow down afterward, I really thought that it was a racing incident.

Again I am sorry I ruined your race, and I did not tell you before but I was not able to find you in Discord.

no1else

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
I wasn't planing to say anything but I'm sorry, I can't confirm our long and "fair" fight. Its just not true. Yes, we close a couple times, but only 3 times close enough to matter.

1. When I was coming our of the pits and was going quite slow.
2. When you tried to pull a near divebomb in the 1st chicane from roughly this much behind, so I had to drop the idea of taking the apex and stay on the outside to avoid you.
1610571431654.png

3. When you punted me after i locked up on the brakes and went wide.

And I can't "compromise" your race being in front of you and not even attempting to defend my position cus you were not close enough. Its on you a 99% of the time if you can't find yourself enough space to get alongside or make it through the corner without contact while sitting behind someone(unless its a blue flag situation). I even thought to myself, "this guy is about to kill me", when you nearly crashed into my back at Askari twice. You just CAN'T brake at your usual point if the car in front is just 0.2 sec ahead, and then say that you had to avoid it. Its just physics and there's no way around it. You have to brake earlier or get alogside.

And also, it just can't be a "racing incident" if you hit someone on the racing line right up the butt. Even tho I fully understand that you didn't mean to do that, it doesn't mean, that the contact is suddenly a "racing incident" and you can just forget about what you've caused and go your merry way while the other guy is beached on the side of the track.

Sorry for the rant. And thx for the apologies. Happy racing. Hope we can keep it cleaner in next round.

Last edited:

duce

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
@py4711 @no1else @TicklishPicklewickle

moved to the stewards.

Please stay as factual as possible and limit posts in the stewards forum to anything related to the actual incident and not what else happend during the race.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
The stewards concluded that @py4711 caused a moderate avoidable collision.
He will receive a 15 points reduction on his race results and 10 penalty points on his AOR driver license.
No further actions taken for the collision with the mercedes, as the stewards decided that @TicklishPicklewickle could not see the car stopped on the racing line.

@py4711 @no1else @TicklishPicklewickle
@duce

Status
Not open for further replies.