Closed tier 8+round 4+lap 32+ punted in back

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

damienreynolds

Junior Karter
Aug 31, 2020
Dublin City, Ireland
ACC Tier + Round Number:tier 8 round 4
League Coordinator: @morphee7
Date:
Members Involved: @damienreynolds @Skinner
Description:

After 9 laps of clean racing on skinners rear bumper cleanly i might add.. I was the faster car he was defending his position it was great racing.... Thought he was overly aggressive at times but he is entitled to defend I am the 1 trying to get past.. finally on lap 32 managed to get past cleanly on turn 7 only to be punted on turn 10 tried to defend inside line on turn 11 not great driving on my part I know but I was frustrated skinner has plenty of time to see me and continues to push through. To aggressive he has to give the other cars on track some respect like I did 4 the previous 9 laps...He could only manage 2 corners.
evidence:

Last edited by a moderator:

Skinner

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 5, 2017
UK
Ok so:

The punt in the back in my opinion, was caused by Reynolds braking far too early, he had never braked that early on any previous lap, and it is a fair distance behind where cars would usually brake, so it was completely unexpected. You can see at 1:17 that I actually come off throttle, anticipating that he will brake soon, but he does it far far too early. But fair enough, I am the following car, so it is my responsibility. Because of this, I backed right off as you can see, I stayed on the brakes until after he had regained control of the car so didn't gain any advantage. If there was no contact I definitely would have been closer going into the next corner. I slowed down sufficiently not to gain any advantage at all from the contact,

Going into the hairpin, it is a fairly late move I go for, but there is definitely space for it. In my opinion, he realises he has left a gap and then proceeds to change his line to completely cut me off the track. If he had stayed on his original line, he probably stays ahead as I would have to basically be crawling on the apex to make it round, but he instead tries to force me off the track. You can see from his onboards, there are a few twitches over to the right, including a very late one at 00:45 right before the contact. You can see how it is not a normal racing line here

My front wheels are pretty much alongside his rear wheels, and his line would be taking him off track well before the apex of the corner
1602246366690.png

Regardless of the fault, he then chose to be abusive towards me both in the in-game text chat post race, and the post race voice chat, along with other drivers. Including the co-oridnator laughing about the incidents, and it is strange that it is the co-ordinator that has uploaded this video on his YouTube channel, rather than Reynolds doing it properly.

You can see his message in the middle of the chat box

1602246451472.png

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
england
i did the recording because @damienreynolds was having serveral issues with the windows recorder thing and has not been on a pc for long so is still learning, and i would offer my sefvices to anyone who needed help which i have said many times throughout every season i have been a cod for.
As for laughing at the end i said somewhere i was furious at the end and if i didnt laugh i would of let loose and probably been kicked off of staff as my language would of not been acceptable, also how many times did i say fi you have an issue take it to the stewards after the race? i think i said it 3 times in that chin wag at the end

Skinner

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 5, 2017
UK
My problem was mainly with Reynolds reaction and attitude, not with yours. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

VoodooChild

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
Switzerland
It is strange that it is the co-ordinator that has uploaded this video on his YouTube channel, rather than Reynolds doing it properly.

coordinators who provide assistance to their tier's drivers if necessary?
what an outlandish idea! :D

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
AOR
www.fia.com
The stewards concluded that, after unsettling @damienreynolds 's car with the first tap, @Skinner took advantage from it and forced an overtake in the next corner.
The stewards decided that the overtake was illegal, and involved multiple minor collisions.

@Skinner will receive a 15 points reduction on his race results and 5 penalty points on his AOR driver license.

The stewards issue a reprimand to @damienreynolds for abusive language towards another driver.

@Skinner @damienreynolds
@morphee7

Status
Not open for further replies.