Closed Tier 8 Round 4 - Massive Pileup at the start turn 6

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
england
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 8, Round 4
League Coordinator: @morphee7
Date: October 6, 2020
Members involved: @Sobrolho @ddivad @RedTerrier @MrPetroz @Chard me
description: again following on from the turn 5 incident into turn 6 where i was involved in both incidents, @Sobrolho after being hit from a car on the left (not sure if they were classed as off track or not as i believe you can go that wide) didnt hold his brakes until he was facing the barrier which made him side swipe me and cause more carnage from behind
Evidence: my pov

@Sobrolho pov

@RedTerrier pov

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
england
moved form other thread
It was a difficult race for me (my first in nearly 2 years). So firstly apologies to anyone I hit.
In the video above, there was a waved green just before the corner. I didn't see a yellow flag (and I don't remember crew chief calling a yellow to me)of the first lap. With everything going on during the first lap, and the focus needed just to stay on track and clear from other cars left and right, there may have been a Yellow but I didn't register it in time. It all happened so fast coming out of the exit of the turn. I drive in cockpit view so don't have the extra warning there is in chase view. There was little time to react and I hit the brakes the moment I saw cars spinning ahead of me. I agree with @no1else that we should all strive to drive more carefully.
While I agree that I made it "3 wide", the video @no1else uploaded does NOT show the behaviour of the lexus I hit, in this case, T. Legrand.
He taped someone on the first incident, then he almost parked in the apex of a corner, making @fabio_go hit him unintentionally.
He then proceeded to speed up again, then slowed down on the exit of the corner, where he should be accelerating. that's when I hit him on the side.

should I have been more careful? yes, agree.
but that was a very erratic behaviour, it's not expected to see cars slowing down and going back up in random places.
To the rest involved, I was a ragdoll after the first contact, couldn't do much if no one else slows down.

ddivad

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 1, 2020
Ireland

I don't have much to say about this to be honest. Sure, I didn't slow down as much or as early as I should have under yellows, and I accept that. It was just hard to know what was happening in front really when I saw the walls of cars there. I didn't expect (or see) Terrier slowing down so much after the incident he was involved in, which caused the Mclarren of Tiemeyer in front of me to slow so much, and I just didn't react quick enough.

I understand that I should have been on the brakes anyway because of the yellow flags, and accept whatever comes my way for that, but it was a tricky situation with how much Terrier had to slow and I think that even if I slowed down earlier I probably would have hit the Mclarren anyway because of how much we both had to slow.

Chard

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 29, 2019
United Kingdom
I avoided further collision with the BMW that was in front of me, that had slowed down, I wasnt able to see the what was going on in front of me until I had cleared the BMW. Once i saw cars all over the place i slowed down and made my way through the cars, not causing any further incidents. I if i had slowed when the BMW did, this would have resulted in further incidents and further reports against me.....

MrPetroz

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 18, 2020
UK
www.twitch.tv

Evening. As per Terrier's comments it all happened very quickly and I didn't see the yellows until the car in front of me was sideways, at which point I made an evasive manoeuvre to try and avoid hitting him straight on, which didn't work out well for me.

As I understand it I should have prioritised slowing down due to the yellows as per the rules so I will accept the stewards decision/penalties.

Last edited:

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
AOR
www.fia.com
The stewards ruled the first collision as racing incident.

After reviewing all the footage from the following pile-up, the stewards decided that @ddivad caused a moderate avoidable collision on lap 1 by disrespecting the yellow flags even though he had clear vision of the incident happening in front of him.
@ddivad receives a 25 points reduction on his race results and 15 penalty points on his AOR driver license.

@Sobrolho @ddivad @RedTerrier @MrPetroz @Chard
@morphee7

Status
Not open for further replies.