Closed Tier 8 Round 4 - Massive Pileup lap 1 turn 4

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
england
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 8, Round 4
League Coordinator: @morphee7
Date: October 6, 2020
Members Involved: @Chard @MauritzOsim @wRECKz me
description: Well after constant reminders to be careful on lap 1 of any of the races it seems like nothing has sunk in with many people so as the co-ordinator of this tier i believe it is my duty to bring certain incidents up and how one accident cant cause a chain reaction of incidents
Evidence: my view

@Chard brakes too late, hits a car in front, causes a knock-on effect, cuts back to across the track at slow speed and starts the 1st wave of carnage

@MauritzOsim tries to force his way back on track at 90 degree angle, causes even more carnage, then hits a driver on the inside line.

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
england
@wRECKz fails to slow down in time, sends it to the inside of Bentley, hits it and causes a knock-on effect. Then comes to a near complete stop on a racing line, further increasing the danger of the situation.

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
england
moved from another enquiry
Please look again at my replay #736. The "Carnage" you describe is a bit of an over exaggeration. I agree that the rejoin was not good, but only one car @MrPetroz hit me from the side and I did not cost him a position.

The second incident I was run out of race track. I left enough space on the inside.

Third. I don't believe that you are really allowed to make an enquiry if you are not involved in the incident.
@no1else I cut back across the track ? I don't think so mate, i was constantly checking my right hand side (do you know you can move your head in game?), there was no one there so i moved off the track so i didn't cause any further issues, and waited for the mclaren to rejoin. This post is irrelevant
My POV:
I did not have any intention to overtake, but I like to take a different line in T1 to not be too close the driver in front of me.
As soon as Martin sees an incident in front of him, he proceeds to change of racing line under breaking (rightfully to avoid the crash), and I full braking and punt him a little.
I then decide to wait for him out of the racing line, I see him pass at 00:11 on my POV to accelerate again; but got punted a little by @fabio_go (my bad my intentions were not clearer and it didn't cause damage to both of us. I could not see him coming on the radar) but I end up missing the apex the following corner and forced off the track by @Sobrolho .

While I conceed I could have been wiser in my positioning and my intentions, I don't understand people blaming others when they are the ones being inconsiderate after being lucky enough to avoid a crash.

MauritzOsim

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 29, 2020
South Africa
Please look at my pov when the contact between me and #49 happens. I am aiming for the left side of the track to leave space on the inside (of which there is enough). From that perspective it looks like Steve drove into the side of my car.

keule0386

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 6, 2020
Germany
Since I (Hoppner) am the first to be killed here by @Chard and lose most places, I would also like to express my disappointment once more about the reliable careless behavior in this tier.
So far I could only finish the first race on Barcelona without a big accident though also there was a mass crash in the first corner in the mid of the field. Meanwhile I expect to be killed in the first lap and have to catch up which is really sad.
Of course, every time this happens, it means a potentially riskier race for me and everyone I have to overtake.
It's especially sad, because I joined this league to avoid the behaviour on publi servers.
@morphee7 I think it's worth thinking about introducing a ban on overtaking in the first lap in this tier...at least for the next one or two races

Last edited:

Sobrolho

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
I think it's worth thinking about introducing a ban on overtaking in the first lap in this tier...at least for the next one or two races

then the second lap will become the problematic one.
same if you ban overtaking on turn 1. then turn 2 will become turn 1, and so on.
people make mistakes, it happens. some can be avoided, some are honest racing incidents that grow out of control.
we need to learn from mistakes and move on to make the tier better. banning people from "racing" in X corner or Y lap will not teach anyone anything, it will only delay it.

keule0386

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 6, 2020
Germany
then the second lap will become the problematic one.
same if you ban overtaking on turn 1. then turn 2 will become turn 1, and so on.
people make mistakes, it happens. some can be avoided, some are honest racing incidents that grow out of control.
we need to learn from mistakes and move on to make the tier better. banning people from "racing" in X corner or Y lap will not teach anyone anything, it will only delay it.

I believe, that in the second lap the distribution of the cars is more "stretched out" over the track, and that so the probability of incidents decreases rapidly. My opinion is still to give it a shot for at least one race.

Sobrolho

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
I believe, that in the second lap the distribution of the cars is more "stretched out" over the track, and that so the probability of incidents decreases rapidly. My opinion is still to give it a shot for at least one race.

Not going to say much more so we can let this thread go on about it's business but!
if no one can overtake in lap 1, then the field will be very unstable for the second lap.
if I slow down and take it easy, no one can overtake me and suddenly someone behind me has a huge gap to cover for the rest of the race.
if the fast boys go fast (without overtaking) the gap will increase for everyone else, causing stress.
if everyone just keeps the same pace, it'll be just another warm-up lap.

anyway, my 2cents.

Steve Allan

F1 Multiple Race Winner
May 12, 2019
Walsall, West Midlands
This video might be either deemed not adding any additional context to the enquiry, however, I feel that I must include this to the list of videos (Sorry to the stewards for making more work for you guys and gals)

While I respectfully welcome MauritzOsim point of view of what happened between our cars. I would like to give some video footage from the first seven laps (due to Lap four being already looked into). As you can see from the footage where the contact on lap one was made I was sticking to my racing line to make sure that I could have had a good run out of the next corner onto the straight. Out of all those laps, I think I might have taken a wider line into the corner once. To be fair to Mauritz after he left the mess at T5 he might have not seen my car or speed it coming in. However I was actually ahead of the car at the time and had the corner.

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
england
Please look at my pov when the contact between me and #49 happens. I am aiming for the left side of the track to leave space on the inside (of which there is enough). From that perspective it looks like Steve drove into the side of my car.
if you look further up i had already added this from the other enquiry

MauritzOsim

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 29, 2020
South Africa
Steve I don't think it is valid to say you are on your normal racing line. There are different circumstances in the first lap. You can't drive your normal line if there is a big mess in those corners.

I will say this, I was trying to leave space on the inside for any car still coming while I was recovering. I really did not see you.

Steve Allan

F1 Multiple Race Winner
May 12, 2019
Walsall, West Midlands
The thing is, I've raced there and seen countless crashes in that corner (Learning from random lobbies) that's how I developed my line through there, if people are wrecked on the outside apex (where a lot of the cars were) I would have a safer line to make up places when needed and avoid contact.

keule0386

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 6, 2020
Germany
Not going to say much more so we can let this thread go on about it's business but!
if no one can overtake in lap 1, then the field will be very unstable for the second lap.
if I slow down and take it easy, no one can overtake me and suddenly someone behind me has a huge gap to cover for the rest of the race.
if the fast boys go fast (without overtaking) the gap will increase for everyone else, causing stress.
if everyone just keeps the same pace, it'll be just another warm-up lap.

anyway, my 2cents.

- The win for everyone of not having major incidents in the first lap outweighs a more unstable second lap and gives more challange to the fast guys, since potential opponents who usually get killed in the first lap will be able to fight with them.
- You won't take it easy in the first lap since you don't want to lose the guy in front of you.
- It'll give more weight to the qualifying and the skill of every driver to maintain pace over the full length of the race. Everybody gets actually the chance to use his pace in the first lap. They guy in front of you was quicker in qualifying and WILL try to get away from you and you WILL try to follow him.

Last edited:

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
england
right guys this is a stewards enquiry not a discussion thread so unless you can add evidence that may help on that incident. we can continue this on the main thread about trying to solve this in the best way for everyone

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
AOR
www.fia.com
After carefully reviewing all the footage submitted of this shameful mess, the stewards decided for the following penalties:

@Chard 30 points reduction on race results and 15 penalty points on AOR license (causing a moderate avoidable collision on lap 1)
@MauritzOsim 20 points reduction and 15 license penalty points (causing a moderate avoidable collision on lap 1 with one of the worst rejoins ever recorded)
@wRECKz 5 points reduction and 5 license points (dangerous driving and small collision, and warning to not stop and wait too close to the racing line)
@morphee7 10 points reduction and 10 license points (minor avoidable collision on lap 1)

@morphee7

Status
Not open for further replies.