• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Closed Tier 9 round 1 lap 1 absolute carnage on the back straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 9 Round 1
League Coordinator: @morphee7
Date: 13.01.2021
Members Involved:
@fabio_go #69 @StateStalker #13 @slhsnr #8 @halojen #51 @m0rpheus1975 #775 @TomasComas #83 @HiggsBoson97 #11 @Joaocastella78 #78
@Count Buffalos #6 @agramsden #235 @Kiki Mac #77 @MikeW #23 @Rocc Racing #247 @RedTerrier #5 @MADDOG #999 @ATOMiK029 #29 @EdwardC #66
Description:
Ok where do i start? Car #18 spun on there own and ##69 spin themeselves trying to avoid them but did the right thing and held there brakes, The aftermath came afterwards with a mass pile up
There was people going full beans into other cars, people not paying attention what was happening but i have included alot of car views in this from a number of cars
Evidence:

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Watching the evidence, it seems that the carnage had unfolded a fair while before I even got around Ascari (I'm car #29).

From my onboard, I was in a train of about 5 cars who were all close together. I didn't see the yellow flags after Ascari so I assumed they'd gone away and we were back to green. I was right up the Porsche's backside going down the straight and suddenly collided into them - thus ending my race, as the car was totalled.

What I will say though, is that it appears to me the first few cars going through were totally fine and managed to avoid the initial spinners. It was when car #8 passed another car on the exit of Ascari, which was an illegal overtake in itself, that caused the chaos to ensue.

Car #8 was all four wheels outside the track when they overtook the other car, thus an illegal overtake, and squeezed the opposing car into the stationary car - starting the chaos.

I will admit that perhaps I could have reacted better to the yellow flags, but as explained above, it was rather difficult to notice them and the chaos had already begun by the time I got there anyway.

MikeW

Junior Karter
Initially I didn't notice yellow flags I was focused on making a corner after overtake, when I saw crash happening I started braking and pulled to left side of the track to try and avoid it.

Joaocastella78

Formula 4 Test Driver
#78 So I was following the ferrari through ascari, I did see the yellow flag as I was mid way through but did not see ant wayward cars. Next thing I see is a car in the air. I then tried to react by turning left, but was too late, made contact, smashed into the wall and then was crashed into several times. Managed to limp to the pits, spent 3 minutes getting fixed. How much are we supposed to slow on yellow flags? Will the driver behind be punished if they overtake because you slow down? Would like to have some guidance on these points.

saxondale76

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
I know you've not put me as being involved Morphee but from my POV I was approaching car #69 as they came back on to the track, my initial thought was why is he still rolling! From the footage the brakes are not applied until nearly in the middle of the track. Had 69 applied brakes earlier they would probably would have stopped on the edge of the track instead of the middle.
Cheers.

m0rpheus1975

Formula Karter
@morphee7 overtook me as we entered the chicane and i was rigt behind him. didnt see any yellow flags come on screen and as @morphee7 moved to the right i saw the parked car in middle, i followed through behind then saw another car. initially was goning to go to the right but someone already chose that path so i went left to avoid but a bit too much and into the wall, causing damage. i didnt actually touch any other car except a big shunt into the wall.

agramsden

Junior Karter
From my point (#235), was same as Atomik, was already a pileup before I got there.
I braked and made my way to the grass on the left to avoid any contact, then got hit on the right rear from behind.
When I was recovering #51 then reversed into me hitting my left hand side and causing me to crash into the right hand barrier.

Think there's 2 parts to this, 1stly number 13 and number 8 not slowing down causing them to crash into each other, then #83 hitting the stationary #69 full throttle and causing the majority of the pileup

Kiki Mac

Formula 4 Test Driver
Here my POV from my stream (might need to copy and paste the link if timestamps don't work on the forum):
Being my first actual online race in ACC, I was being cautious about my immediate surroundings (ie, car infront and behind), and wasn't aware of the double yellows. As you hear and see my clip, when I see the incident, I get on the brakes to slow the car right down to get through it safely. I'm then rear-ended and sent into the barrier, picking up +18s of pit stop time.

TomasComas

Semi-Pro Karter
I was right behind car #775 in the train..didnt see the flags as I was pretty close so I controlled the distance. After Ascari as @m0rpheus1975 had to suddenly move to the right , I spotted the standing car right in front of me and couldnt do anything..after that I flew and ran into cloud of dust on the grass where I ended meeting the ferrari. I ended up with 4,5 minutes of repairing.

Trev Hummer

Junior Karter
I'm not in this Tier but how does something like this happen? I mean... #69 should've gone on the brakes earlier, and #83 should've taken more caution as there were yellow flags ahead.

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
I'm not in this Tier but how does something like this happen? I mean... #69 should've gone on the brakes earlier, and #83 should've taken more caution as there were yellow flags ahead.
im sorry but this is an official enquiry so if you are not involved you cant comment unless you are a coordinator

HiggsBoson97

Pro Karter
I ran into a car that was checking up. I couldn't see the wreck ahead but I did see a couple cars off to the right, as well as some dirt and smoke to the left ahead... so I tried to sort of stay center to center/left center. But as I was sort of trying to scope out the best path the car infront of me checked up and I was into him. In retrospect I probably should have been off the throttle a bit more given the yellow flags.

But yeah, the video above on my POV you can see I'm slotted in behind a Porsche and I just couldn't see that a car was stopped in the middle of track.

Count Buffalos

Junior Karter
My recollection is that I exited onto the straight close behind another car only to see absolute carnage unfold before me. There wasn't a yellow flag that I saw. There were, however, cars flying through the air in somersaults towards me. I tried to pick a line off track to avoid cars other catapulting around the track. Unfortunately another car had spun into the wall directly on the line I'd chose and contact was unfortunately inevitable.

I see from the video that there was contact immediately in front of me and I had absolutely nowhere to go. My telemetry also shows that I stamped on brakes in addition to trying to take evasive action. There was no chance avoiding contact unfortunately.

Looking at the replay I suppose I should have noted the off on the left hand side of the track and braked, not knowing that there was equal carnage on the right, but it all happened very quickly. I can also see that there was in fact a yellow flag shown by a martial at the chicane exit but not in-car. I absolutely didn't notice it at the time, my attention was to the left of the track to try to get a run on the car in front of me - the martials post was on the right.

Last edited:

RedTerrier

Formula 4 2nd Driver
There were no yellows as I accelerated out of the chicane (and no yellow indicator on my dash panel). As soon as I recognised the bad situation ahead I got on the brakes to reduce speed. Unfortuntely, I was hit hard from behind which propelled me into the stationary cars. My damage from the subsequent multiple hits was so severe I was unable to continue (car would not drive under control) so had to teleport to pits.

Last edited:

slhsnr

Junior Karter
Watching the evidence, it seems that the carnage had unfolded a fair while before I even got around Ascari (I'm car #29).

From my onboard, I was in a train of about 5 cars who were all close together. I didn't see the yellow flags after Ascari so I assumed they'd gone away and we were back to green. I was right up the Porsche's backside going down the straight and suddenly collided into them - thus ending my race, as the car was totalled.

What I will say though, is that it appears to me the first few cars going through were totally fine and managed to avoid the initial spinners. It was when car #8 passed another car on the exit of Ascari, which was an illegal overtake in itself, that caused the chaos to ensue.

Car #8 was all four wheels outside the track when they overtook the other car, thus an illegal overtake, and squeezed the opposing car into the stationary car - starting the chaos.

I will admit that perhaps I could have reacted better to the yellow flags, but as explained above, it was rather difficult to notice them and the chaos had already begun by the time I got there anyway.
Well, thats not fully right to say car #8 (me) was all four wheels outside the track. After exiting the Ascari I saw a stationary car staying in the middle of the straight and by having a much more exit speed, then I thought I could go through without any contact but the car #13 white porsche neither slowed down nor checked his mirrors and then turned into me and we both spun. I admit we should have both behaved more wisely and decreased our speeds. But to make a point clear, our incident did not surely cause the chaos afterwards, as there were other cars coming from behind and one of them had dived into that stationary car and then the chain reaction has started by that..

Attachments

• 24C90626-F133-4563-AA4E-32FEE62B0A64.jpeg
    24C90626-F133-4563-AA4E-32FEE62B0A64.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 22

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Well, thats not fully right to say car #8 (me) was all four wheels outside the track.
It is right to say, because it's there for all to see. You even showed it in the screenshot - you are way outside the white lines.

That in itself is an illegal overtake, but as there were yellow flags, then it makes it even worse.

The screenshot you provided also clearly shows that you squeezed the Porsche into the stationary car.

So, I stand by my previous comments, but let's see what the stewards have to say.

slhsnr

Junior Karter
It is right to say, because it's there for all to see. You even showed it in the screenshot - you are way outside the white lines.

That in itself is an illegal overtake, but as there were yellow flags, then it makes it even worse.

The screenshot you provided also clearly shows that you squeezed the Porsche into the stationary car.

So, I stand by my previous comments, but let's see what the stewards have to say.
Hey dear, are you the paid lawyer of this Porsche ? If yes, then try to learn how you could make a defensive statement without stretching the reality. I was fully inside in the racing line, done. And also about your other statement that this collision between me and car #13 caused chaos afterwards is non-sense according to me, but I‘d rather stay quiet and wait for the Steward’s decision about this incident.

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hey dear, are you the paid lawyer of this Porsche ? If yes, then try to learn how you could make a defensive statement without stretching the reality. I was fully inside in the racing line, done. And also about your other statement that this collision between me and car #13 caused chaos afterwards is non-sense according to me, but I‘d rather stay quiet and wait for the Steward’s decision about this incident.
I don't appreciate your tone here. I am not "stretching the reality" nor am I the "lawyer of this Porsche". I have provided a perfectly reasonable version of events as well as evidence to support my case.

Allow me to go further into this for you. As you can see in the below screenshot, you are all 4 wheels outside of the white line. You are also carrying a lot more speed than the Porsche due to you getting a better exit out of Ascari.

1610630657890.png

As you continue on the outside, you leave the Porsche nowhere to go other than into both yourself and the stationary car, thus effectively "squeezing" the Porsche into the stationary car. Furthermore, the Porsche most likely didn't realise you were on the outside until the last minute, by which time it was too late. This is shown in the screenshot below:

1610630804936.png

And also about your other statement that this collision between me and car #13 caused chaos afterwards is non-sense according to me
As you can see in the above screenshot, there are no cars affected at this point - they have all made it through safely. It was this moment of you "squeezing" the Porsche into the stationary car that started the chaos.

It's a little hard to tell from the quality of the video, but after this contact, there are now 4 cars lying in the middle of the track as a result - including one that has flown through the air. The Ferrari behind you spins trying to avoid you, along with several other cars that either spin or collide into other cars.

1610631167199.png

I hope that this evidence assists the stewards in their investigation, as well as hopefully making you change your opinion of this incident.

Attachments

• 1610630782600.png
    1610630782600.png
    404.5 KB · Views: 2

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
ok @slhsnr @ATOMiK029 you can stop this right now, there is no point putting your opinions in on who is to blame here for the incident as there was many things that happened in this so just leave it to the stewards and there feedback after they have looked at the evidence provided

Status
Not open for further replies.