PS4 - Touring Cars - Oulton Park International - Social practice | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Touring Cars - Oulton Park International - Social practice

Mhill

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018

AOR Project Cars 2 Touring Car

PS4 - Oulton Park International

Event Information:
Date: Tuesday 29 May 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- 10 minute qualification
- Sprint race: 20 minutes. Starting order is qualification order.
- Main race: 40 minutes. Starting order is reverse sprint race.

● Weather Conditions:
- Sprint race: Clear
- Main race: Rain

● In-game time-of-day information (real-time progression):
- Sprint race: 30 May 12:00
- Main race: 30 May 14:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take the car to the track in the social race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the race. As a driver in our social events, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.
Race setup:
On the pre-race screen we recommend you not to load a setup and instead you should just ready up. The game will give you the same default setup that you loaded in qualifying. The only thing that should be different is the amount of fuel, because the game automatically selects the amount of fuel depending on the race length. If you manually load a default setup in the pre-race screen you will get a full tank and you will give yourself a disadvantage.
● Sprint race starting order Championship standings.
To get into the right position for the main race is quite simple. When the lights go out, everyone starts to drive at a speed of around 10mph (16kph) and stay as far to the edge of the track as they can. This will give room in the middle of the track for cars to pass. Everyone start to look after the car they are supposed to behind and fall inline behind that car. We have tried this before and everyone should be in the correct place before sector 1 is completed on the formation lap. Once everyone is in place, we will continue with the normal formation lap (50mph (80kph), warming tyres and brakes up to formation point). It is easy to see on the mini-map when everyone looks to be in place.
Main race starting order (DNFs will start from the back):
To get into the right position for the main race is quite simple. When the lights go out, everyone starts to drive at a speed of around 10mph (16kph) and stay as far to the edge of the track as they can. This will give room in the middle of the track for cars to pass. Everyone start to look after the car they are supposed to behind and fall inline behind that car. We have tried this before and everyone should be in the correct place before sector 1 is completed on the formation lap. Once everyone is in place, we will continue with the normal formation lap (50mph (80kph), warming tyres and brakes up to formation point). It is easy to see on the mini-map when everyone looks to be in place.

@Mhill
@luckynumber72
@Jarryd Vermeulen
@MattDarvs
@Slicker
@DeuxMilles
@Big-Kid-Daddy
@manbearpig
@ESS_AYCH
@AOR Davidben
@Walter---79
@Archil
@Matthew010383
@Xiee

Last edited:

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I will give a call on this tomorrow. If it's full it's full, but I don't know now if I have the time tomorrow.

Reactions: Mhill

Mhill

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018
I will give a call on this tomorrow. If it's full it's full, but I don't know now if I have the time tomorrow.
I will put you down. Don’t worry if you can’t make it. We didn’t have a full grid last week and it’s only a social

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

since I'm still dead slow in this f****** Renault I should join this. So I'm in.

D.

VSR Davidben

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
The wife is gonna have my balls for this, im in!

Mhill

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018
Sounds good to me! Made a hash of it last week.

Mhill

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018
Still 2 spots left if anyone wants to join?