PS4 - Touring Cars (PS4) Social @ Red Bull Ring - Thursday 05.07.2018 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Touring Cars (PS4) Social @ Red Bull Ring - Thursday 05.07.2018

manbearpig

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 22, 2017
Touring Cars (PS4) Social – Red Bull Ring - Thursday 05.07.2018

Just thought I'd create a social for Touring Cars, as it was a lot of fun and I'd be happy to do it again! First time posting one of these, so if anyone has suggestions for the event, or if there's some information I haven't included then please let me know!

Event Information:
Date: Thursday 5th July
Track: Red Bull Ring

Lobby opens: 7:15 PM (UK time)
● Event starts: 7:30 PM (UK time)
● Event format:
- Practice: 30 minutes (optional)
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race 1: 20 minutes
- Race 2: 40 minutes (reversed grid from Race 1)

● In-game time-of-day information (real time progression):
- In game date: Current (3rd July 2018)
- Practice time: 10:00 AM
- Qualifying time: 12:00 PM
- Race 1 time: 2:00 PM
- Race 2 time: 4:00 PM

Lobby settings:
- Practice Weather: Clear
- Qualifying Weather: Heavy cloud
- Race 1 weather: Medium cloud
- Race 2 weather: Clear
- Assists: Realistic
- Setup: Default
- Damage: On
- Mechanical damage: Off
- Tyre wear: Authentic
- Fuel: Authentic
- Start: AOR manual rolling start
- Pitstop: Manual
- Pitstop errors: Off
- Manual cooldown lap: Yes

Formation point & Acceleration point: Will post when I’m able to get a screenshot (if someone else is able to that’d be hugely appreciated!)

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take the car to the track in the social race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the race. As a driver in our league races, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform me and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Practice: I will open the lobby for a 30-minute practice session, which you don’t have to join if you’re unable to! This is because with GT3, I imagine quite a few people might not have time to practice and therefore could use this just to get back into a rhythm with these cars!

A practice session will also be hosted before the second race. In this practice session you can load your preferred default setup. This setup will then automatically be carried over to the race.

● Race setup:
On the pre-race screen we recommend you not to load a setup and instead you should just ready up. The game will give you the same default setup that you loaded in qualifying. The only thing that should be different is the amount of fuel, because the game automatically selects the amount of fuel depending on the race length. If you manually load a default setup in the pre-race screen you will get a full tank and you will give yourself a disadvantage.

● Main race starting order (DNFs will start from the back):
To get into the right position for the main race is quite simple. When the lights go out, everyone starts to drive at a speed of around 10mph (16kph) and stay as far to the edge of the track as they can. This will give room in the middle of the track for cars to pass. Everyone start to look after the car they are supposed to behind and fall inline behind that car. We have tried this before and everyone should be in the correct place before sector 1 is completed on the formation lap. Once everyone is in place, we will continue with the normal formation lap (50mph (80kph), warming tyres and brakes up to formation point). It is easy to see on the mini-map when everyone looks to be in place.

Cars available:
BMW 320 TC
Mercedes AMG A45 Touring
Opel Astra TCR
Renault Megane R.S Touring

Lobby host: Would appreciate someone else hosting as my internet isn’t trustworthy!

Broadcasters/Commentary: If anyone wants to, drop me a line!

Confirmed entries:
@manbearpig
@Slicker
@The_Kaiser-MSc
@Dennis_Meisner
@Archie619
@AOR Davidben

Last edited:

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
have to see what the wife's plans for next week are, before i commit to this, but i'm a definite maybe ;)

Reactions: manbearpig

manbearpig

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 22, 2017
have to see what the wife's plans for next week are, before i commit to this, but i'm a definite maybe ;)
No problem, without me doing a full season of GT3 my girlfriend can't possibly complain about me spending my Thursday night on this ;)

Reactions: Slicker

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
Sorry, can't make it because I won't be home :( otherwise I would like to play

The_Kaiser-MSc

5 Times AOR PS4 Project CARS2 Champion!
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2017
I probably will not be able to train but if I'm at home I willingly join. I'll put this in mind, if I'm not there, notice. ok? Bye mate and thank you for invite ?

manbearpig

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 22, 2017
I probably will not be able to train but if I'm at home I willingly join. I'll put this in mind, if I'm not there, notice. ok? Bye mate and thank you for invite ?
No problem, I'll put your name down for now then you can decide on the day. Just so you know I'll also get little to no practise in before the day either! Just a bit of fun!

Reactions: The_Kaiser-MSc

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
I may regret this decision massively but sign me up for this race. I will do some running over the weekend and see if the car is driveable using the controller and if I feel it is then I will have a bash (possibly a literal bash into the barriers) at this.

If after I do some running and im struggling to control the car I will post again to pull out and someone else can get the slot.

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
I can now confirm my participation in this race. I have done a few laps with each of the cars and all three are driveable albeit two are easier to handle. I'm probably massively off the pace but at least I can keep the car on the road.

Quick question though. I see its default setup so does that mean its either the preloaded stable or can I switch to the loose? and does that stop brake bias adjustments during running

Also anyone willing to share times so I can work out how bad I'm off the pace.

manbearpig

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 22, 2017
I can now confirm my participation in this race. I have done a few laps with each of the cars and all three are driveable albeit two are easier to handle. I'm probably massively off the pace but at least I can keep the car on the road.

Quick question though. I see its default setup so does that mean its either the preloaded stable or can I switch to the loose? and does that stop brake bias adjustments during running

Yeah you can only choose between stable and loose, we will do a practice before the race and make sure you've got the right one loaded before you start.

Reactions: Archie619

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018

Yeah you can only choose between stable and loose, we will do a practice before the race and make sure you've got the right one loaded before you start.
but you can change brake bias if you have the buttons mapped