- Dec 22, 2017
Touring Cars (PS4) Social – Red Bull Ring - Thursday 05.07.2018
Just thought I'd create a social for Touring Cars, as it was a lot of fun and I'd be happy to do it again! First time posting one of these, so if anyone has suggestions for the event, or if there's some information I haven't included then please let me know!
● Date: Thursday 5th July
● Track: Red Bull Ring
● Lobby opens: 7:15 PM (UK time)
● Event starts: 7:30 PM (UK time)
● Event format:
- Practice: 30 minutes (optional)
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Race 1: 20 minutes
- Race 2: 40 minutes (reversed grid from Race 1)
● In-game time-of-day information (real time progression):
- In game date: Current (3rd July 2018)
- Practice time: 10:00 AM
- Qualifying time: 12:00 PM
- Race 1 time: 2:00 PM
- Race 2 time: 4:00 PM
- Practice Weather: Clear
- Qualifying Weather: Heavy cloud
- Race 1 weather: Medium cloud
- Race 2 weather: Clear
- Assists: Realistic
- Setup: Default
- Damage: On
- Mechanical damage: Off
- Tyre wear: Authentic
- Fuel: Authentic
- Start: AOR manual rolling start
- Pitstop: Manual
- Pitstop errors: Off
- Manual cooldown lap: Yes
Formation point & Acceleration point: Will post when I’m able to get a screenshot (if someone else is able to that’d be hugely appreciated!)
If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.
● Rules & regulations: Before you take the car to the track in the social race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the race. As a driver in our league races, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform me and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.
● Practice: I will open the lobby for a 30-minute practice session, which you don’t have to join if you’re unable to! This is because with GT3, I imagine quite a few people might not have time to practice and therefore could use this just to get back into a rhythm with these cars!
A practice session will also be hosted before the second race. In this practice session you can load your preferred default setup. This setup will then automatically be carried over to the race.
● Race setup:
On the pre-race screen we recommend you not to load a setup and instead you should just ready up. The game will give you the same default setup that you loaded in qualifying. The only thing that should be different is the amount of fuel, because the game automatically selects the amount of fuel depending on the race length. If you manually load a default setup in the pre-race screen you will get a full tank and you will give yourself a disadvantage.
● Main race starting order (DNFs will start from the back):
To get into the right position for the main race is quite simple. When the lights go out, everyone starts to drive at a speed of around 10mph (16kph) and stay as far to the edge of the track as they can. This will give room in the middle of the track for cars to pass. Everyone start to look after the car they are supposed to behind and fall inline behind that car. We have tried this before and everyone should be in the correct place before sector 1 is completed on the formation lap. Once everyone is in place, we will continue with the normal formation lap (50mph (80kph), warming tyres and brakes up to formation point). It is easy to see on the mini-map when everyone looks to be in place.
BMW 320 TC
Mercedes AMG A45 Touring
Opel Astra TCR
Renault Megane R.S Touring
Lobby host: Would appreciate someone else hosting as my internet isn’t trustworthy!
Broadcasters/Commentary: If anyone wants to, drop me a line!