Tuning/Tuning Feedback | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Tuning/Tuning Feedback

l medal l

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Mar 21, 2016
I'm creating this thread to keep the discussion of tuning/balancing of cars separate from the discussion of the races. As of this moment, all three cars have been changed quite a bit and new tunes are available for download. There should only be one tune under my GT for each car, and all tune names start with GTCC Test.

Please test these when you can, preferably all on the same track and for multiple laps. Put your lap times, track, and what you liked or didn't like about each car below. The more specific your feedback is, the easier it is for me to diagnose and fix any issues with the cars.

DOR Martxn

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
May 31, 2016
I did a bit of practicing with these tunes. I am by no means a fast driver so others will probably smash these.

Monza (short)
Mercedes 0.51,5
Audi 0.51,1
Honda 0.51,4

Watkins Glen (short)
Mercedes 1.15,2
Audi 1.15,0
Honda 1.15,0

First of all. On both tracks I feel that there is still more time to find for myself with the Honda compared to the other cars.

What I would recommend is to give the Mercedes a bit more grip in the corners and maybe also more straight line speed so it can match the Audi. The Audi just felt so great in the corners. It would just always stick where the other cars would lose grip, particular compared to the Mercedes. Because the Honda is very different to drive than the Mercedes and Audi, and I don't feel I have the hang of it yet I don't know what needs to happen with the Honda compared to the Audi. Some other people will have to test how much faster the Honda is.

• Informative
Reactions: VN7 GT

l medal l

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Mar 21, 2016
Interesting. I have a much easier time driving the Mercedes hard than the Audi or Honda. I was able to get all three cars down to a 51.0xx on Monza Short. I'll test again on Watkins glen. Thanks for the input.

Reactions: DOR Martxn

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
Ok no worries

Laguna seca appearing in order I drove them for 10 laps.

Audi 1:31.994 best split time would of resulted in a 31.7xx,

Honda 1:31.294 best split would of resulted in a 31.1xx.

Merc 1:32.033 couldn't get over a tenth

Audi feels slow but it's not as slow as it feels. Car handles nicely and I found it can get abit ass happy under hard breaking or prolonged breaking whilst turning in.

Honda is still rapid, but has mental torque steer. 31s came easy after a few laps. It's basically like the Bentley, you control the torque steer and your acceleration is awesome.

Merc was by far the nicest to drive but I struggled to get a good lap in. I really had to push the car to go fast but in doing so lap consistency suffered and so did my lap times.

I'll post more findings around different tracks

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
Road Atlanta 10 laps, in order of use.

Honda 1:25.869 best possible mid to high 25.6xx.

Audi 1:25.556 could of been 25.500

Merc 1:26.079 best possible 25.876

Honda is the same as the above. Could of gone faster, but I think it would be the audi's race to lose around this particular track.

Audi felt awesome round here, I think the short gearbox really helps on this track as after the uphill right in sector one you can do the rest flat out if you get it right. A good exit out of the right hander before the back straight will see you max the car out, maybe with 1-2mph before the limiter.

Merc is nice to drive, I feel either I'm driving this incorrectly or it's just really hard to get a good lap time in compared to the relative ease you can do it in the other two. If it is indeed genuinely hard to get the lap times in, then I think unless updated the people driving the merc as going to have the odds stacked against them around most tracks.

I'll try some of the really short alternative tracks tomorrow.

RickyTan

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 19, 2014
Merc an Audi are perfect together. I ran them in rivals to see the ghosts and they were even in straight line accell braking and cornering. The bad egg is the Honda. Although only a tenth off the two around Sebring club. It'll be I'm possible to race as its now a grip based car. I think he should take the grip off and a lil power instead. Sebring club doesn't have long straights and the Audi came from a car behind to a car infront in one straight. Somewhere with longer straights and we're talking two to maybe three car lenghts on a straight alone lol. Whatever the case Leave the merc an Audi as they are

EVR Matt212

1 Time XB1 Rookie League & Christmas Cup Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
May 5, 2015
Ive found personally the audi to be nice to stwar but not as quick in the corners but the fastest down the straight. The honda the hardest through the corners and slowest down the straights and the mercs to be better all round.
I find the audi the easiest to get a quick lap in a short time period, with the honda taking the longest and yet again the merc being somewhere in the middle, i think give the honda potentially 1 or 2 mph down the straights and i think they'll be identical :D

VN7 GT

F1 Champion
Apr 16, 2016
The Merc feels so buttery smooth to drive, it's also super easy to get consistent laps in. I love it :) however it may just be a tad off the lace round Monza Short. The Audi is a very different car to what it used to be, no longer confidence inspiring through the corners. The brakes are much improved, but it's just lost that 'feel' that I loved before. Now the car just feels nervous. @l medal l

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
Really I find that the audi is awesome now, once I got to grips with it. Definitely a close 2nd to the honda. You need to test it them on more tracks than just monza short, as that is a really bad track for testing

• Informative

Regamus

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 7, 2015
Don't be afraid to leave it in a gear above what you think. If you take a corner in a gear that's at the top end of it's powerband, in future just leave it in the gear above that. As you'll save time in general as you've gotten rid of two gear shifts. For example if you find your self changing up before you've straightened your car up after exiting a corner, that's a good time stay in an above gear.

I haven't tested them on enough tracks to be certain, but whilst I think the honda has the slight advantage still (in general) I would personally pick the audi.

Da4thSuspect

Project CARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I'm creating this thread to keep the discussion of tuning/balancing of cars separate from the discussion of the races. As of this moment, all three cars have been changed quite a bit and new tunes are available for download. There should only be one tune under my GT for each car, and all tune names start with GTCC Test.

Please test these when you can, preferably all on the same track and for multiple laps. Put your lap times, track, and what you liked or didn't like about each car below. The more specific your feedback is, the easier it is for me to diagnose and fix any issues with the cars.
I am unable to find these tuning setups, nothing is found whatever i put in; your GT, AOR etc..
Are we supposed to be using them tonight?

EVR Matt212

1 Time XB1 Rookie League & Christmas Cup Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
May 5, 2015
Incase it hasnt been said its a lower case l (as in l for letter :) )

Reactions: Da4thSuspect