Moved - Unfair 5 sec under SC | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Moved Unfair 5 sec under SC

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGvI_Pt

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 27, 2018
Platform + League: Ps4 Al2
League Coordinator: @NGR_EnvoyXtreme
Date: 29/3/2020
Members Involved: @Dream237 @RickyRocha @Szmitski @TrefleRobin me and maybe the ones behind
Description: Basically. @Dream237 is a lapped car but 2o on the safetycar queue. He breaks, leading to @RickyRocha braking, so @Szmitski and @TrefleRobin also break. I couldn't break in time, so i hit the back of @TrefleRobin and get a 5 second penallity. Since the race ended 2 laps after the safety car ended, it was massive for my fiishing position.
But this kind of incidents have been happeing sinse the beginning of the season and sometimes there is more broken FW under SC than under green flag racing
Evidence: watch from 1:10.0

RickyRocha

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jul 29, 2017
Yeh I agree he should lose his penalty as the lapped car breaks infront in of me and in order to avoid penalty for overtaking lapped car I had to break and then it had a domino affect on everyone behind

NGR_EnvoyXtreme

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 20, 2018
Before I move this to the stewards @Dream237 have you got anything to say as you was the Ai car and I caught this on my stream @1:09.28
and to the stewards looking at this @Dream237 laughed when @RickyRocha overtook him which caused a accordion affect and the safety car etiquette by dream is certainly questionable. This was the 3rd SC in the race and how everyone acted during all 3 SCs had significantly improved after the mess at Spa

Dream237

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 24, 2020
Hi. I'm really surprised that I'm involved in an incident. I try as much as possible to respect other drivers. As far as I can remember, I never crashed someone since the beginning.
First, I want to say that it wasn't my fault being behind the First during SC. I would have given my place to the one who deserved that place. I was also surprised that @RickyRocha couldn't overtake me during SC since I was last. Normally, everyone could overtake me and give back my position. This would have helped everyone.
At 1:09.28, I checked my tyres temperature and I saw they were cold so I decided to warm them up. My breaking was not intentional. Of course @RickyRocha breaks because of me. But I want to clarify that it was not on purpose in order to create accidents. It's not my philosophy. I'm sorry for @JGvI_Pt . May be you were so closed to the one in front of you.
Normally, we are supposed to be careful during SC since everyone can brake in order to warm it tyre. I definitly think you don't deserve your penalty since I am a lapped car and you were blamed because of me.
So if someone has to take a penalty, I will take it. Not because I think I did a bad action but because it's possible that I ruined some racers race by being behind the first. I didn't want to be there but as I am already last, I will take a penalty if it can helps others.

About my mic, I didn't notice people could hear me. It is my first league and my first races online so I have many things to fix. I will fix that one for the next race. I'm sorry for that. But I want to clarify something. I didn't laugh at anyone. Look at the video and you will see that I let people overtake me (RickyRocha and Szmitski). I'm so glad to race and I admire fast cars because I want to have their rhythm someday so there is no reason for me to laugh at anyone. Maybe I expressed myself in the mic but it wasn't a laugh. Sorry for your misunderstanding. @RickyRocha can tell you that, after the race I wrote him to apologize for being in front of him during SC in spite of the fact that it wasn't my fault. Maybe if he could have been closer to the first, he could have done something in the last couple of laps. I congratulated him and I asked him for advice. So @NGR_EnvoyXtreme I didn't laugh at anyone.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have looked at the footage and agree that the penalty was unfair and will remove it.

We also feel that @Dream237 was driving somewhat erratically here. A consistent gap to the car ahead should be maintained during the safety car period. We will be giving 5 penalty points for dangerous driving for these actions.

@JGvI_Pt @NGR_EnvoyXtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.