Not open for further replies.

BosslyGaming

Super Mod & F1 League Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
Hello everyone,

As many of you will be aware, some of the tiers have lost a large amount of drivers since the start of the season - leaving those tiers with underwhelming numbers. This has a knock-on effect of reducing the interest of the racing, therefore we have had to take action. The only viable course of action that we can see is to move people around to address the holes in the tiers.

Now, many questions will arise from this - below I will attempt to answer two of the main ones.

Who will be moved? This will be announced around midday tomorrow (18th Oct) - however I will say that the tiers we have mainly picked up on needing to be addressed are: F1 and F2. We will be aiming for a full grid in both of these tiers, therefore the general theme you will see is drivers being moved from here into F1 - then drivers coming up from F3.

How will this affect the championship standings? This is where it gets difficult. The standard procedure for promoted drivers is that they do not retain their points - and this will remain the case. For drivers who may have been in a championship battle and are now going back to zero points, this is likely to feel annoying. However, this is the only viable course of action - it is almost impossible to accurately predict how drivers "could" have done in the tier above, and it would be unfair to those already in the tier if they were suddenly jumped by new drivers. So, whilst this may be annoying for some - please remember that this is being done to make the racing better and, ultimately, you should be prioritising better weekly racing over how many points you have.

Hopefully you can all understand why we will have to make these changes, and are happy to support this for the rest of the season. I'll have a confirmation on who is moving and who is joining tomorrow.

BosslyGaming

Super Mod & F1 League Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
Reactions: Jarno Opmeer
Status
Not open for further replies.