Closed Using headlights as a distraction tactic

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Allan

F1 Multiple Race Winner
May 12, 2019
Walsall, West Midlands
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 8 Round 4
League Coordinator:
@morphee7
Date:
06/10/2020
Members Involved:
@Steve Allan and @keule0386 (Cars 49 and car 22)
Description:
While racing for position on Lap four, I had noticed one of the Ferrari drivers running wide through the exit of turn two and made the safe pass leading into Turn 3. Hoppner had also passed the Ferrari at the same time and while on the run to turn 4, just before the breaking zone which is signposted by the Perrrli and 50M board I was given a flash of headlights from the car behind which made myself miss the breaking point and ran off wide. Hoppner then carried on with his race as normal and failed to give the position back as by the rules of the game.

However, what I find truey egregious by this incident is the fact that this tactic is against the rules as mentioned in Section 2 regarding racing regulations, as stated by 2.1.2

● As a means of helping with blue flags, we advise the leaders to flash their lights at cars due to be lapped. This should not be done excessively. This is their cue to inform that the driver on the lead lap is about to go for a move on the driver being lapped.

Flashing your lights at a competitor you are racing for position is not to be used as a "distraction technique" or in anger at an incident.

As you can see on the timing bar we was on the same lap and I feel that this was a way to bully someone off track because they felt they were a faster car.

Evidence:

keule0386

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 6, 2020
Germany
I didn't use the headlights as distraction. I flashed once to announce an overtaking maneuver as it is commonly used. Obviously my understanding of the above mentioned paragraph is different from yours. It does not say that it is explicitly forbidden to use flashing the lights. It only says to not use it as distraction, which in my opinion is more than flashing once.
I'm sorry, that you missed you breaking point and lost time @Steve Allan that was not my intention. I'd rather have had a proper fight for position.

Steve Allan

F1 Multiple Race Winner
May 12, 2019
Walsall, West Midlands
Appolgy accepted. After all if this was a real race and this was a situation in the Stewards room it would be the only correct thing to do.

Last edited:

keule0386

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 6, 2020
Germany
Please forward it to the stewards since it is about rule interpretation. If there is a penalty, I'll be ok.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.