Verstappen to Red Bull | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Verstappen to Red Bull

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
This is a horrible move by Red Bull that could destroy their young driver program. Kvyat had 1 bad race so far this season. The team let him down at Australia and he drove well at Bahrain after a bad qualifying. His season last year wasn't that bad, I can't really think of anything bad outside of the Austin crash. In my opinion this gives Red Bull drivers no reason to trust the team and to always take the first chance to leave. This could start a dangerous trend in the Red Bull program where a driver could be cut at any point just for one race. There's little reason for future young drivers to sign with Red Bull in fear of being thrown out at any point when Mercedes and Ferrari also have their own young driver programs and feeder teams (Manor/Haas).

In my opinion Kvyat wasn't ready for the senior team and hasn't been given a fair shake at Red Bull. The team is ready to drop him already after 3 races, 1 of which he finished on the podium. Red Bull is by far my favourite team, but they have always been looking for a way to get rid of Kvyat since last season. He's a good driver, and should settle in elsewhere next season.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
I can't find this anywhere else, has to be fake
thats what i'm thinking, but i wouldn't put it past them to drop Kvyat with the rhetoric thats been coming out of Red Bull since the start of the season. Kvyat could be 20 points ahead of Ricciardo and it wouldn't matter.

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
He will be anyway replaced by Verstappen at the end of the season. Could quite bet on it, but for now I think the above link is fake. Only place where I saw it so far.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
"According to various sources, Kvyat has been under fire for his poor performances during the past two Grand Prix's in China and Sochi,owing to contact with Sebastian Vettel, with the German retiring on the opening lap in the most recent race." - Quote from the article...

In China, do they mean when Kvyat went up the inside of Vettel in T1 on the 1st lap? AS HE WAS ENTITLED TO DO!
And in Russia, do they mean when Vettel just decided to off throttle around a flatout corner, when Kvyat was basically under his gearbox and by doing that, caused his own retirement? I mean c'mon! No amount of superhuman reflexes on Earth could have stopped that happening...

If this article is indeed true, I'm done with Red Bull and F1...

• Agree
Reactions: Goliatoh

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
"According to various sources, Kvyat has been under fire for his poor performances during the past two Grand Prix's in China and Sochi,owing to contact with Sebastian Vettel, with the German retiring on the opening lap in the most recent race." - Quote from the article...

In China, do they mean when Kvyat went up the inside of Vettel in T1 on the 1st lap? AS HE WAS ENTITLED TO DO!
And in Russia, do they mean when Vettel just decided to off throttle around a flatout corner, when Kvyat was basically under his gearbox and by doing that, caused his own retirement? I mean c'mon! No amount of superhuman reflexes on Earth could have stopped that happening...

If this article is indeed true, I'm done with Red Bull and F1...
Agree on China, disagree on Russia. I'm a huge Red-Bull homer, but Kvyat's driving was amateur at best on L1. Plus its more about ruining Ricciardo's race, they couldn't give a damn about Seb anymore. Kvyat was never going to make the corner at the speed he was going around T3 with the dirty air and 100 kilos of fuel, and blew up Vettel. I like Kvyat, I think he's a solid driver and is slightly similar to Grosjean in the way their careers have started, but he is never going to be given the same chances the other 3 drivers will, especially Ricciardo, just due to the nature of the teams right now.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Not a fan of this at all, Dani has driven well outside of L1 last week. Verstappen better win a couple of races this season, that's my minimum expectation for him now.

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
Not a fan of this at all, Dani has driven well outside of L1 last week. Verstappen better win a couple of races this season, that's my minimum expectation for him now.
Winning in a Red Bull? o_O

A realistic target would be a couple of podium's this year.

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Good performances or not Kvyat is still far behind Ricciardo in the WC so far which is really the only thing that matters. Red bull has wanted to make the switch before this and now they got a reason to. I'm happy about it as I don't think Kvyat is anything special as well as Vestappen deserving a better car imo.

Now it will also be interesting to see how it will go between Verstappen and Ricciardo as well as Kvyat and Sainz.

• Agree
Reactions: Andrei Codreanu

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Ricciardo now has a new target to absolutely destroy. It will be amazing to see people realise that the car has been flattering both TR drivers and that verstappen is a nobody.. Absolute disgrace by red bull, once again proving that they are all a bunch of toxic idiots.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
I actually can't believe it... in fact, I'm disgusted with Red Bull for pulling such a move.
It's not like we all new Max was going to RBR for 2017 ANYWAY!
Kvyat's drive at RBR was doomed since before the start of this season, everybody knew it, yet that is NO REASON to act the way RBR have.
Officially the worst team on the grid now and I hope they get destroyed for the next few seasons...

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Ricciardo now has a new target to absolutely destroy. It will be amazing to see people realise that the car has been flattering both TR drivers and that verstappen is a nobody.. Absolute disgrace by red bull, once again proving that they are all a bunch of toxic idiots.
Give it a rest already, Ricciardo couldn't beat Kvyat over a full season, I'm terrified what Max will do to him

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
No, I think it's harsh as I agree he was in the right 100% at China, was a little clumsy in Russia but the performances haven't been there. Give the Ricciardo vs Kyvat head to head and you will see the truth. Red Bull are giving Kyvat the push and it's very hard to see him pull off a resurrection like Grosjean, Perez and Magnussen have.

You could see him replacing either driver at Sauber on talent but the team looks unlikely to finish the season and unless he finds a chunk of money from Russian backers no reason for him to go there.

But, I think Hulkenberg is asleep at Force India and Palmer is already under pressure at Renault, so watch this space.