1. Hey Guest! We're currently raising money to upgrade our App license, you can read more about it in the AOR App Funding thread. Any donations will massively help! Thanks for your continued support.
  2. F1 2016: The driver placements have now been announced for Season 13 of the AOR F1 Leagues! Head over fo the League Forums to see more. We wish all drivers good luck for the season ahead!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DiRT Rally: Sign-ups are now open for the AOR Pikes Peak Hill Climb Event on DiRT Rally! Drivers across PC, XB1 & PS4 all welcome! Head over to the Forum for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Discord: We now have our own AOR Discord server, to be used as voice chat for our PC leagues, and general chat between members! Click here for more info.
    Dismiss Notice

Featured DiRT Victory Puts Title Within Reach for Banz

Discussion in 'AOR News Feed' started by DemoN F1, Apr 6, 2017.

1. DemoN F1

DemoN F1 F1 Coordinator Staff Member F1 Coordinator DiRT Coordinator Premium Member Content Producer

91%
    Banz Finland article actual pic.jpg

The forests of Finland were the scenery for Banz's home delight; his second rally win of the season lifts him to a commanding championship position, with over a rally win's advantage to his closest rival Race Fanatic.

Once again, @Banz left his challengers wondering how to stop him en route to the title, as they were all left firmly in his wake. This was his reaction after another mesmerising display:

"Great feeling to win on home soil! I have to give Starving credit for coming so close while doing the 2nd tier run as well. One mistake and the results would look different. That one mistake almost became reality in the last stage but I got lucky otherwise this round was pretty good even though I took bit careful approach in some places. This season has been brilliant for me and now I just have to get two decent results. In rally Germany I'm not expecting too much as it's tarmac rally but if I manage to get a podium I'll be very happy indeed."

The winning margin would've been the biggest of the season so far back to @EpilepticToast over a minute behind had it not been for Ford Motorsport wildcard driver @Starving, who's exquisite effort actually made it the narrowest victory of the season at less than a tiny two seconds! Elsewhere, it was another rally to forget for the Monte Carlo winner @Race Fanatic, who could only manage ninth on home soil. This points him 29 points a drift heading into Germany, an almost impossible gap to upturn to a driver of @Banz's caliber, with the exception of a potential shock DNF. More intriguingly though is the battle for second in the championship, which sees @JasonMcrae just eight points a drift of the runner up spot, but with @Nico and @EpilepticToast also in his way.

The ploy of a wildcard for Ford Motorsport helped to preserve their ever-present 20 point gap back to Team AOR in second, but team manager @The Genius will be hoping that his team has the tactical advantage heading into the final two rounds of the season, as Team AOR has both of its wildcards still available. McRae Rally have also opted for this tactic, having confirmed @Th3HolyMoose as their option for both the remaining events.

In the Pro Championship @Starving was once again pipped at the post, as he was only able to manage the runner up spot to new championship leader @Sisuvioma10, who claimed back to back rally wins in the process. The previous championship leader @RCFloOm was pipped to the podium by team mate @RC Benkiwi85, and had to settle for fourth place. The major shock of the round came in the form of title contender @Th3HolyMoose failing to complete the rally, leading to the decimation of his championship hopes as he fell to 117 points adrift.

For the penultimate round of the AOR Rally League we head to the smooth tarmac of Germany. This event will provide something of a unique challenge for the drivers, in the sense of how difficult it is to find a way to terminally damage a car in this location. This will encourage all of the drivers to push the boundaries of their skill in order to maximise time from the unusual security of relative safety on a rally course, however, they will need to remain wary to avoid complacent over driving on the particularly grippy tarmac.

In Germany there will be a whole host of wildcard drivers participating: @Mr AlcoN will be the first Team AOR wildcard driver to compete this season, as will @Th3HolyMoose for McRae Rally. Last season's runner up of the German Rally and Pro Championship leader @Sisuvoima10 will look to fight back some points for Japp Motorsport as their dismal season continued in Finland, whilst @VBR Hayasa will step up to the plate for VBR E-Sport.

The highlights from the World Championship are available on @FisiFan91's channel, at this playlist. Between highlight videos you can learn more about the World Championship and the Pro Championship in the forum threads linked. Remember that sign-ups will be open throughout the season to the Pro Championship here.

Good luck to all drivers for the challenging German Rally, and a big thank you to @Banz for help with his interview, who could claim the title this week with a strong result in Germany!

• Like Like x 7