PC - VLN SERIES 2019 RACE 2 - 21TH MARCH | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC VLN SERIES 2019 RACE 2 - 21TH MARCH

What classes do you want to run? (multiple answers possible)

• Ginetta Challenge GT4 + GT5

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • DTM

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • GTO

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • GT3 or GTE

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Group Challenge (4,5,6)

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Touring Car

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Group A

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Default Setup (not voting here means no default)

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Single Class

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Multi-class

Votes: 18 54.5%

• Total voters

Nila

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jun 21, 2018
When can we expect to see a confirmation on what type/s of car/s we are going to be racing?

Col.McCoy

F1 2nd Driver
May 26, 2016
Today @Nila

Seeing the polls there is pretty much only one thing clear and that is that people want to do multi-class racing.
Therefor my plan is to use this poll for the next few races and use the existing information to either decide what the race in April is gonna look like or at least give ONLY 2 options so the community can decide. This way, voting made sense over the long term period and as soon as soom more ideas come, we can put in a bigger vote again.

As for racing date, with the current reactions I think its too risky to change it. I am out, but changing it to a different valid date bares too much risk of multiple other people dropping out, therefor I hope somebody else can take over the lobby hosting (@AndrexUK @TicklishPicklewickle @ everybody else)

I will post racing class selection at around 21:00 and also tell you my thoughts about the upcoming races based on current poll votes

Col.McCoy

F1 2nd Driver
May 26, 2016
Sorry guys, something came up... will post and update all details tomorrow.

IMO the most fair thing to do is a multi-class race.... NO default....
We will save DTM for next race with a default setup.

Next weeks race will be GT3 + GT5 Ginetta ONLY.
Point scoring system will be updated to reflect that the top 3 of the GT5 class ONLY will be able to score extra points! (besides the standard showing up and finishing points that will count for all classes)
I understand for few drivers it is a recurring car, however the important thing is that ithe main VLN class this race (GT5) is a single class in tricky weather conditions. Therefor allthough the car was on this track before, we didnt run it single class and everybody has the opportunity to master the rain in a good gt car that has been proven on track. Also the car has very little changes possible as for setup, therefor it is very close to default anyway ;-)

Updated OP tomorrow! Also with links included to correct videos

Reactions: AndrexUK and Nila

Col.McCoy

F1 2nd Driver
May 26, 2016
OP updated as best as I could
I put the race at 90 minutes, cause due to the rain pitstops are not time limited.
Depending on your feedback, maybe its worth putting the race 15 minutes laters in this case? Please post an agree to this post and I will do so.

As for the GT3, this car is only selected to increase lobby size and have those people who do not want to run the ´main spirit´ of the VLN series but still have some multi-class racing. I would still ask everybody to reconsider to select the GT5 as this class in its current format will give you A LOT of fun racing and battling with other drivers.
If lobby size is not massively increased with the GT3 (as it looks like per signups) the GT3 class will not be revisited for multiple upcoming races.

For upcoming race I already said: DTM single class default setup. I will test out weather and time progressions
After that we can expect Touring Car class (lobby size dependant in single or multi-class)
As we progress towards summer the next few races, and we always run the active date, track temperatures are steadily increasing, which means we can test out some more cars and also some more 10x progressions to experience the tricky night on the nords.
As for pole votes, I will revisit this in future races, however I will make the selection a lot more defined and give you guys less options. This way the poll will reflect what people want for that current race more accurately

I will post the reversed grid for the GT5 class wednesday.. .which in the end is nothing else than everybody that signed up in GT5 and has points will start according a reversed points standings. Drivers that have never started yet will follow after according grid position. This procedure worked very well last race and did not need much (if any) coordination at all

Col.McCoy

F1 2nd Driver
May 26, 2016
No need to post what you drive... everybody can decide and show up in the car on race day ;-)... thats what a social race is =)
But I think its a good choice, when it comes to close racing and having fun

Reactions: ScottV and Col101

Col.McCoy

F1 2nd Driver
May 26, 2016
Thats the spirit!!
Now I only need to get ill, so I can get out of my work scheduelle ;-) :-(

Col.McCoy

F1 2nd Driver
May 26, 2016
@F4H MaR4uDer on the 28th there is an Endurance test race.
Currently I'm not even there for that one, that's the racing why I didn't postpone the race... there are enough people for this race there and I rather have that you guys can race with enough people... than postpone the race to some Monday/Tuesday where suddenly 4 people can't!

I will be back on track in April with you guys on the VLN!

Reactions: Tristan Fuchs

WMDRMartin

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 31, 2017
Anyone know what the easier class for driving in the rain is?
Figured it'd be the slower class but that probably has less downforce so i'm not sure...

I've barely been playing the game at all aside from the occasional AOR community event, so i'm in no need of a major challenge, staying on the road is good enough for me haha

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Anyone know what the easier class for driving in the rain is?
Figured it'd be the slower class but that probably has less downforce so i'm not sure...

I've barely been playing the game at all aside from the occasional AOR community event, so i'm in no need of a major challenge, staying on the road is good enough for me haha
If your idea of easy is understeer rather than oversteer, then the GT5 is undoubtably the easiest. In the actual GT5 league we did Oschersleben in rain and that was understeer city all over. Also the front tyres completely cooked but it was the same for everyone so no advantages or disadvantages to anyone. But yes even though the GT5 has less DF, it has so little raw power that you will never experience wheelspin, even without TC on. It's just generally an extremely safe car to drive in general no matter the weather I guess

Reactions: ScottV