Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Thursday 18 April

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Col.McCoy

F1 2nd Driver
May 26, 2016
@Nila BWM is understeery and therefor a little bit more predictable, the Merc is a bit more tricky on the gas, but for the rest a bit easier to get around the corners if you like some oversteer.
@Beppo I actually think not so many people will have chosen the Ford, so it's more a question of 'the Ford' guys willing to give up this car.

Col.McCoy

F1 2nd Driver
May 26, 2016
Col101
D.Brezancic
Beppo
Col.McCoy

WMDRMartin
wolfgang
dakuza
AndrexUK
TicklishPicklewickle
Enton
BMW /// M-Power
Nila

Xeonski

wolfgang

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 5, 2016
Great night, great race. The first few laps I could hold the pace of WMDMartin and Enton. But then the same procedure like every race.
Slides and crashes. Most of the race I had an aero damage onto 30%. The steering wheel was at a 10% angle.
But then, after the pit in lap 6 Nila an me had an exciting fight as a kind of far duel .
8 long laps until the end.
I had a crash less than him, so place 6 of 10.
Could be worse, after at least 10 selfmade slides/crashes

Last edited:

WMDRMartin

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 31, 2017
Didn't expect to have the pace for a top 5 finish, but after seeing what could've been I am a tiny bit disappointed with my result.

Started out pretty well, overtaking one of the other Merc's early on, only to get hung out to dry by the Fords with their ridiculous straight line speed lol.
Managed to hold @BMW /// M-Power and @dakuza behind me for a decent portion of the first lap, almost crashing at one point due to M-Powers shenanigans trying to overtake me.
They got past, and pretty soon I noticed @wolfgang was slowly closing in on me as well, but I managed to keep going at a consistent pace and eventually he was replaced by @Enton , who was probably about 2-4 seconds per lap faster at the time.

It took him a bit longer to get past, but he also managed to overtake me without too much trouble.
Throughout the race I had a spin which cost me about 8-10s but luckily I didn't hit the wall. Later on I brushed the wall a few times, giving me like 3 rear damage or so. At a little over three quarters of the race my car decided to lose it on the Nurburgring racetrack itself and that got me 2 left front suspension damage and 10 front aero damage, which ended up costing me about 2-4s per lap.

However before the crashes and right after the pitstop (only fuel, no tires) I had managed to close the gap to @Enton in P4 to 10 seconds. He was battling away with @dakuza which enabled me to slowly catch up. After a few hours of driving I'd finally gotten used to the track/car combination and my pace was pretty much the same as Entons as long as I didn't make any mistakes, which worked for at least half an hour. Due to their battling I was only 3-5 seconds behind at the closest point, but then @dakuza managed to pull away and I had my crashes, which put me back by about 15 seconds.

Pretty much thought all hope was lost, until @dakuza pitted again on the last lap, coming out right behind me. I again lost it somewhere in sector one (the damage didn't make the car easier to drive) and figured i'd thrown away my chance at P4, until @dakuza himself apparently crashed again too. Unfortunately for me, he managed to nurse his damage and finish 3 seconds ahead of me, even with his 1 second penalty lol.

To finish only 3 seconds behind a pretty good driver after over 2 hours of racing was definitely something I didn't expect, especially at a bloodthirsty track like the Nordschleife.
Overall pretty happy with a P5, but seeing @Enton finish on the podium with the same raw pace does show what could have been. Hats off to him for a great drive.

Hope to see y'all next race!
(That was a really long race rundown for a social race lol)

Reactions: Enton and wolfgang

wolfgang

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 5, 2016
Rookie is O.K
But Renault Clio is worth to think about,too.
Just saw there is a G40 Junior car of Ginetta, with lap times of more than 11 minutes
Will try it in the afternoon

Reactions: Col.McCoy

Col.McCoy

F1 2nd Driver
May 26, 2016
Great stuff guys, thinking with each other about what kinda cars would be fun.
Depending on the test and feedback, I'll make it a poll again and give you guys 1 option for the car probably.

As for the race itself, maybe I should not have been so surprised, but I really was by @BMW /// M-Power's pace. Also TBH by @dakuza's pace in the beginning.
Dont know why Dakuzas pace dropped so much, cause I overtook him already before my 2nd pitstop, which was not 'as planned'. But yeah, on the other hand, it was not planned that @BMW /// M-Power did the laptimes he did... but I guess we used to him standing out like that ;-). Laptimes and tyre wear in the Ford was better than expected in the end, but maybe he just didn't test the BWM and Merc to its full potential. In the end sorry to see @AndrexUK having so many pitstop problems, I tried to pit with him to stay on the same strategy but that doesnt work if he doesnt get fuel and/or tyres ;-).

As for next race (depending on how fast the cars laptimes are gonna be), I'm planning to do a 'race length by lobby size'. So the amount of people that join will be the amount of Laps we drive. Ofcourse the slower the car, the longer the race, so there will be a 'max' depening on car selection.

Point standing update will follow later today. Congrats to @BMW /// M-Power and @Enton for their podiums in their first race

Reactions: Enton

BMW /// M-Power

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 8, 2018
yeah, was actually quite fun. Thought the race could get bit annyoing driving 2.4 hours but no, it was really enjoyable. At beginnin I didnt really trust the car at was backing off little bit. But after 3rd lap or so i really started pushin and everything worked fine. Touched the barrier only once in whole race, just the penalties were a bit much :D :D but yeah, all in all great fun.

Beppo

F1 Champion
Dec 9, 2014
My race was a bit mixed.

first formation lead, in my AOR career and it worked quite good, for me. :) I am not really sour, that I lost a couple of positions right from the start, since I had to learn the limits of the car on this track anyways and I know my pace wouldn't lead me to a top finish anyways, so actually I am pretty happy, that I managed to jump out of the way pretty quickly and without incident!

Although I had the impression the grip worked better in the early night times with colder, but not too cold temperatures; somewhere in the middle of the night cycle the tyre temps were too cold, which resulted in a very slidey car for the most part, so I wasn't able to push, the way I'd wished for, but luckily that was only just for 3 laps and then it got better.

For me it was unfortunatley a 2 stop. I touched the barrier heavy in the Belloff-S I suppose so I had to pit somewhere in lap 3 I think.

I had some hairy limit situations, with spins and grass mowing, but apart from a light impact later on and only a couple of laps before my pit stop window at Schwalbenschwanz, I managed to keep it out of the barriers.

Considering, I had not my ideal settings on, since I forgot to activate my profiler, and had some performance problems, whenever a stream alert happened, I am quite happy with my peformance.

I survived 2,4 Hrs at Green hell, without prep, in a car that I didn't actually drive too much, so that is an archievement I guess :) And I managed to get a good scrap with @TicklishPicklewickle out of it! So yeah, fun race fair and square :)

Reactions: Enton and Col.McCoy

wolfgang

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 5, 2016
Just saw there is a G40 Junior car of Ginetta, with lap times of more than 11 minutes
Will try it in the afternoon
Now, the Junior Ginetta is just a boring car, very easy to drive, with a topspeed of 180km/h and with a 44 l tank. No car for long distance race.
The Rookie is funny, but long distance with a 33 l full tank? And the construction of the car is hypersensitive. Only a short touch and you loose the wheel and the race is finished
It gets exciting what kind of car will be chosen for the next race

Col.McCoy

F1 2nd Driver
May 26, 2016
Oh yeah, I know we will have to do something with damage options with the rookie.... as for fuel, we can just make it fuel deplition off

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Oh yeah, I know we will have to do something with damage options with the rookie.... as for fuel, we can just make it fuel deplition off
I'd even say we should go with damage off for the FR. One microscopic touch with anything and your steering is bent. It'll get pretty tedious going to the pits every lap for that :p
Maybe try and test the fuel consumption of the car first. Even though it's a small tank, the car doesn't drink fuel like a Group 5 car :p

Enton

Formula Karter
Aug 16, 2016
Was fun. But i really need a more comfortable seat to drive that long. Or a full new rig. I feel my arms numb(y ) still.
That day-night-day circle is the best experienc in nord, its a beautiful in vr, wonderfull colors in sunset and sunrise. Its my favorite combination.
Merc was fine just the tires cannot last too long with my driving style, i had to change to new set and grip is back after pit.
I wasnt totally sure with that formation and second lap procedure but i hope i didnt do anything wrong or bad. But i cant hear anybody to complain about me so i think it went well.
And here it is my onboard:

Reactions: Nila

Col.McCoy

F1 2nd Driver
May 26, 2016
I just watched the restart of the second lap of you @Enton .... and for somebody being unsure how it should work, please dont be. It was dead-on perfect what and how you did it!