PC - VLN Series Race 8 - 4WD in heavy snow (social no race, no previous sign-ups required) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC VLN Series Race 8 - 4WD in heavy snow (social no race, no previous sign-ups required)

I can race on the following days in octobre:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steve Allan

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 12, 2019
Looking forward to tonight's race, it's been way too long. Feel like I've underprepared for it, but It should be a blast.

Reactions: WMDRMartin

Col.McCoy

F1 Multiple Champion
May 26, 2016
Small tips:
- you can finish the race with the tyres you start on
- you need 2 fuel pitstops (1 lap is about 15 liters and a full fuel tank is 50 liters)
- to get the car into a slide, abruptly releasing the throttle does the trick
- to control a slide, flooring the throttle does the trick (as long as you are in control of the car)
- using a bit of throttle during braking for corners, stabilizes the car
- and most importantly: HAVE FUN!

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
So weather changes to Heavy Snow, and you don't need to change tyres?
Are they only using 'Road' tyres?
Adding to this, I assume it'll just be "slush" rather than snow right? So more rain than snow. Since we're in October and all :p

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Technically, I have the ACC league practice race tonight (My head told me this race was on Wednesday :(
But will try to make it..

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Normally wouldn't the game adjust to the conditions (For example a race car would have slicks on a dry track and wets on well a wet track)
That's not what I'm concerned about but yes you're right about that. The default setting for tyres is the "Automatic by weather" option.
What I'm thinking is will the track look like this:

Or this:

The season in-game needs to be "snow" for it to look like the second instance. If it is simply "autumn" or "winter" it will look like the first instance. So that'll be more like just regular rain since the snow will melt upon hitting the tarmac

Steve Allan

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 12, 2019
That's not what I'm concerned about but yes you're right about that. The default setting for tyres is the "Automatic by weather" option.
What I'm thinking is will the track look like this:
View attachment 96968
Or this:
View attachment 96969
The season in-game needs to be "snow" for it to look like the second instance. If it is simply "autumn" or "winter" it will look like the first instance. So that'll be more like just regular rain since the snow will melt upon hitting the tarmac
Ah, I see you're saying now. I'm guessing we'll find out once the race starts. Hopefully, it's more image A than Image B.

Steve Allan

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 12, 2019
Honestly WMDRMartin, it's what I've been practising on and also it was like that at Spa this year for the WEC round there.

Also, just had a call, won't be able to make it. A friend I've not seen in five years has moved back locally and invited me out for a few beers. So to everyone hope you all have a good race and it's not too slippy out there.

• Sad
Reactions: Enton

kraumn

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 7, 2018
Definatly want the snow season to have a track that looks like the B picture too. it will be the funniest option

Col.McCoy

F1 Multiple Champion
May 26, 2016
Im open to change the conditions so it looks like picture 2.
However, how will this work? Can we still race in clear weather but track will look like this so everybody is on the same tyre anyway ;-).

As for tyres, you can change them to snow tyres which work pretty good actually.. but I just dont think it's necessary as the mediums do pretty find due to 4wd

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
However, how will this work? Can we still race in clear weather but track will look like this so everybody is on the same tyre anyway ;-).

As for tyres, you can change them to snow tyres which work pretty good actually.. but I just dont think it's necessary as the mediums do pretty find due to 4wd
Well the whole point of this series was to run the track all year round so I wouldn't wanna ruin that now. We should get snow in December/January if we keep on going as we do now.
And to answer your question, yes we would have snow on the track in clear conditions and the track will "dry up" when there's no snow falling on the track

• Agree
Reactions: Col.McCoy

Enton

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 16, 2016

I just tried the snow track with ice tires with loose it's fun too, maybe tyre wear off not will bed for that.

Col.McCoy

F1 Multiple Champion
May 26, 2016
I agree with Ticklish, we will revisit this later in the 'winter' season and make it a proper snow day
Tonight will stay the way it is in that case, which IMO in this car is still a lot of fun and very close racing as the there aint many horsepowers to go with

Reactions: Enton