Ok guys, short information about tonights race
- Race will be the amount of drivers * 10 minutes HOWEVER maximum race length will be reduced to 1u45m! (reason, it's getting to dark with a 2 hour race at the end, especially considering some people might need to do an extra (half) lap. Weather will be CLEAR
- Gentlemans Agreement: Radiator will be set to 100%! (damage is off, but still to get some closer battling, I ask you to put (its default 100%) or let the radiator stay at 100% cooling
- Please don't forget to map a RESET button, we are racing open wheeled cars!
Some non-driver dependant tips:
- Tyre pressure on default or pretty low, my recommendation is to UP them at least with 0.2 Bar! Tyre temps will be a lot better spread over the whole tyre this way.
- A full fuel tank (130 ltrs) will get you 13 laps. Fuel usage is less than 10 ltrs a lap. With a maximum race time of 1u55 (1u45 + 1 extra lap) you are exactly safe with a full fuel tank! So no pitstops required this race.
- My suggestion is to REDUCE the gearing of the final gear. You will be 'exactly NOT topping out' everywhere, when driving alone! I am not putting this one in a gentlemens agreement, as some people might have trained differently, but I think it's the faster way around the circuit and also gives the people who haven't trained a more 'known' car, when it comes to what gears to use in what corners.
I will post the starting order for tonight shortly. Quick reminder, we are forming up after the Audi Ss, when exiting the following right-hander on the backstraight (Bit-Kurve) and last driver has called 'READY', the 'pole' car my take-off anytime, There is no 'last' point where he must take-off, however we ask you to do it BEFORE the chicane.
ONLY at the end of the FIRST lap, we will have a single file formation at the end of the DottingerHöhe. Leader will go off-throttle under the Billstein board and slowly slow down to pitlimit speed! All drivers behind are allowed to catch up. And than its racing untill the end from the exit of turn 2, we ask you to be very carefull between turn 2 and 3 and consider this part of the track as 'no-overtaking' unless somebody really makes a mistake during acceleration.
At the green light, everybody will hold his grid position and will take-off according the list below.
If your name is NOT on the list, you will follow @AndrexUK if he is there, otherwise you will follow ME @Col.McCoy, when he/I passes the finish line.
You will remain in your grid position that you have, when one of us has taken position at the back of the 'regular' drivers.
The other drivers, you have not participated in a VLN race so far and will start in your respective grid postion after the list above has passed you @THR Wolf @Tony Clifton @EikeSky
and all other drivers intersted racing
PS Small question to @Allaeddine KESRI, can you confirm you have race a VLN?! Or should you be put at the back as well?
The plan is to run real snow on the whole track with a 'fun' 4wd.
Would appreciate you guys helping me out with selecting a car, as I will be on vacation. I'll check back on the forum during vacation... if there are like 2 cars we can choose from we can make it a poll-voted as well.
Thanks for joining tonight!
Great race night as always.
Andrex and McCoy as always in front.
But I hoped for something like a podium finish.
With the cars of the AI I had average times of 9:29/30 with full tank and 75% radiator.
With the suggested 100% I had a best of 9:34
In the end I'm happy not to be the last to reach the finish line
I am now looking forward to the race in the snow with the 4WD
Ok, so, not 4WD, but can I suggest the Ford Escort RallyCross car!
It's slow enough that we should be a lot closer together over all, and it's very easy to drive, even in Heavy Snow / Blizzard!
So shouldn't have 30s+ gaps between each driver!
And a little harder to overtake for the faster guys starting from the back too!
Was running default setup, but then changing the gear ratio to: 4:375
Pump the tires up a little, about 1.68 on the front, 1.62 on the rear.
Everything else was as it is on Loose!
There is a little playful slide in her, but only a tiny amount. Should suit all skill levels!
And slow enough that you can still react to the corner you forgot about up ahead!
The brakes are rather awesome too, even without ABS! Never touched / needed the Handbrake!
Give it a try! again, i know it's not 4WD, but I tried a few (Audi A3 / Merc AMG 45), and they were not very fun at all.
The WRX cars are just a bit too fast. Some might find them ok, be we want EVERYONE to have fun!
I guess the Lancer EVO might be an option, but we have already driven one of those...