PC - VLN Social Race 2 - 27th March OR 2nd April (vote) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC VLN Social Race 2 - 27th March OR 2nd April (vote)

Which days can you race?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

S4lty

S18 AOR PC Assist League 4 Champion
Oct 15, 2018
I won´t be able to attend as my wheel broke and I would have to drive with the controller as I didn´t order my new wheel yet...

• Informative
Reactions: Col.McCoy

Nila

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 21, 2018
Im struggling to enjoy PC2 at the time. Tried for a couple of hour's to get the hang on the LMP3 car, but i just cant do it.
If im not having fun, there is no real purpose for me to race. Sorry guys, im out for tonight :/

atlasgehirn424

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 4, 2017
Damn it.... Was having a heck of a race and then in the middle of the night, I had one short screenfreeze in the worst possible moment. Had a hard accident, then I couldn´t keep the car straight at all, was sliding along the barriers and my lights broke down so I had no vision and couldn´t see anything so I had to retire the car. Still a fun race up until that point though.
PS: I guess I still owe somebody out there 3 crashes.

• Wow
  • Winner
Reactions: Col.McCoy and Enton

Smolda

AOR PC Endurance League S4 GTE Champion
Oct 23, 2017
Well, here is my rather complicated excuse:
[excuse]
I've recently bought Fanatec CSL Elite. I have a custom made rim, which I wanted to use, and fanatec base doesn't work without fanatec rim connected. Fortunately, there is a project on Github, which allows you to emulate a fanatec rim using arduino. I'm having some issues with this solution though, it might be interference or something, I'm basically getting randomly pressed buttons on the emulated wheel. It's not an issue in game, I just don't bind anything on that non existing wheel. Unfortunately, on thursday I discovered, that fanatec allows you to change profiles in the wheel driver using some buttons apparently, which is what happened to me. Mine was set to a profile with 200° steering lock or something. So I had to set all the profiles to the same values to prevent this from happening. I will also have to make a new PCB for my "arduino wheel emulator" and use an oscilloscope to find out what's going on. I'm not entirely sure what should I be looking for though ...
[/excuse]
Anyway, I was having a blast until my wheel gave up. I've spend HOURS in this car during the IMSA league, so I knew it's gonna be fun - this car is pretty easy to drive (at least for me). I was getting better and better every sector / lap, although it still wasn't enough to catch @Enton (I think it was) who was crazy fast.
Hope I'll see you all soon again!

• Friendly
Reactions: Col.McCoy and Enton

Col.McCoy

F1 Triple Champion
May 26, 2016
Can't you do that any other day :p
Do you know which days should be available? (monday tuesday wednesday?) I'm out of the loop with AOR events at the moment due to rFactor2 racing
And I would like to keep the race on a weekday (except friday)

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Can't you do that any other day :p
Do you know which days should be available? (monday tuesday wednesday?) I'm out of the loop with AOR events at the moment due to rFactor2 racing
And I would like to keep the race on a weekday (except friday)
The problem is the event isn't public yet but I know for certain that an event is planned for Thursday :p
It's a really busy week. Monday we have the first round of the new Formula Renault 3.5 league, Tuesday GT3 has a practice/evaluation race, Wednesday is GT3 race day, Thursday, Friday and Saturday will unfortunately be taken up by the mysterious event I mentioned. That leaves only Sunday left :(