XB1 - [We 6th Nov, 8pm] Germany 50% | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 [We 6th Nov, 8pm] Germany 50%

George Roke

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 21, 2015
Shame I crashed out but had adjusted my setup slightly in anticipation for the rain and it made the car way too lose in the dry, at least I know that setup is good in the wet though lol

Hydranockz

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
Got an extra time penalty on the last lap so I couldn't even steal 1st from docile's ghost!

My brain just switched off on lap 1 when getting on the DRS straight and I just drifted off track and lost too many spots. It felt like my car had a very different setup.

Backmarkers now ghost as you approach them, which was cool to see.... and probably the last time I'll pass a backmarkers this season haha.

I IceMIKE I

Pro Karter
Nov 20, 2018
Good training, well organized, clean and trouble-free drivers, punctuality ... All very well. Regards

Hydranockz

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
Figured I'd ask here but I've found ERS management to be a weak part of my races consistently. I think it's down to the length of the races but I find I need to use the low mapping for 90% of it. Any tips/resources?

Also, I overshot the hairpin during quali and stayed off-track to the left to leave two cars (possibly on hotlaps) go by but both my current and my next laps were invalidated.... On Sector 2?? Never seen that happen before.

maxen

S17 AOR XB1 F6 Champion
Oct 31, 2018
Figured I'd ask here but I've found ERS management to be a weak part of my races consistently. I think it's down to the length of the races but I find I need to use the low mapping for 90% of it. Any tips/resources?

Also, I overshot the hairpin during quali and stayed off-track to the left to leave two cars (possibly on hotlaps) go by but both my current and my next laps were invalidated.... On Sector 2?? Never seen that happen before.
It's a bug. Invalidating your outlap can invalidate your hotlap. It should, however, still count your hotlap towards your quali result, even though the race director says it's invalid. It's... great.

I'm terrible at ERS management. At least this track is better than Silverstone. There, I was in low for the whole race after the opening two laps, I've no idea why it consumes so much ERS.

• Informative
Reactions: Hydranockz

Hydranockz

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
It's a bug. Invalidating your outlap can invalidate your hotlap. It should, however, still count your hotlap towards your quali result, even though the race director says it's invalid. It's... great.
Oh wow, that's good to know for sure!

I'm terrible at ERS management. At least this track is better than Silverstone. There, I was in low for the whole race after the opening two laps, I've no idea why it consumes so much ERS.
My thinking was that those tracks lacked a lot of heavy braking to harvest enough back over the course of the lap. I'm glad to know it's not just me so!

maxen

S17 AOR XB1 F6 Champion
Oct 31, 2018
Oh wow, that's good to know for sure!

My thinking was that those tracks lacked a lot of heavy braking to harvest enough back over the course of the lap. I'm glad to know it's not just me so!
Btw, are you planning on doing tonight's race? The thread is here but notifications are very clearly not working when I tag people in it.

maxen

S17 AOR XB1 F6 Champion
Oct 31, 2018
Wednesday's Hungary race: