XB1 - WEC Interest Thread (LMP1H & GTE) 10 Tracks (1 Hour Races) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 WEC Interest Thread (LMP1H & GTE) 10 Tracks (1 Hour Races)

Would you be interested in this series?

• Yes

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BENJP12

S16 AOR XB1 F4 Champion
Mar 31, 2016
WEC Project Cars 2 league:

Race: 1 Hour
Qualifying-
10 Minutes LMPH
10 Minutes GTE
Mandatory Pitstop- Yes
Force Cooldown Lap- Yes
Manuel Pitstops- Yes
Tyre Wear- Authentic

LMP1H + GTE
12 Drivers
5 LMPH
7 GTE
2 Reserves (1 LMPH, 1 GTE)

Every Monday or Saturday?

Tracks:
Silverstone GP
Fuji GP
Nurburgring GP
Daytona Road Course
Catalunya GP
Algarve
Circuit of the Americas
Spa- Franchorchamps
Monza GP
24 hours of Le Mans

Cars Available:
GTE-
#51 & #71 Ferrari 488 GTE
#91 & #92 Porsche 911 RSR GTE
#66, #67, #68 & #69 Ford GT LM GTE
#63 & #64 Corvette C7.R GTE
LMPH-
Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016
Toyota TS050 Hybrid 2016
Audi R18 2016 Fuji 2016
Audi R18 Le Mans 2016 (To used for Le Mans only)

*Cars can always change in terms of numbers to make more available just as long as nobody uses the same number to make it more realistic. Same with Tracks as we can also change it to ELMS instead perhaps and then change LMP1 to LMP2. Plus the number of cars in each category can change depending on the interest

Last edited:
Reactions: BDG_Geo

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
Nice idea, just a few suggestions:

-This has been tried, and failed, before, so don't get your hopes up sadly.
-More a personal preference, but with only 12 cars it would make a lot more sense to qualify together.
-Also, I feel the LMPH/GTE balance should change to 6/6. This is because with drivers of different performance, someone missing a round, and maybe someone with a delay or retirement, it becomes very difficult to find a battle. Also, 6/6 makes a better teams championship.
-I'd wish for some personal changes to the calendar, so maybe a poll between people. My main thing would be organising circuits by continents (other than Silverstone opener) for realism.
-I know you've done it for realism, but preferably more openness in terms of cars and liveries. What if 3 people want to run the Ferrari? Or someone prefers the Aston Martin (4 WEC liveries) or BMW?
-And lastly, people should be able to freely choose which Audi R18 they want to run. This is because it is a direct split in the middle of downforce as to which car is ran. Therefore, some circuits such as Monza are for the low downforce spec, as is Daytona.

BENJP12

S16 AOR XB1 F4 Champion
Mar 31, 2016
-Firstly I thought GTE would be more popular than LMP1H so that’s why there’s more spots
-The tracks are in no particular order I’m just listing ones that would be the best to use.
-With the liveries it’s just to make it realistic with all the WEC liveries and numbers so nobody uses the same number. But we can always change it and add others depending on people’s choices.
-With the Audi I just thought it was for Le Mans. Didn’t know it would work for any other track. Plus it may not be fair if they use it for Monza for example compared to the people who use the Porsche or Toyota

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
-Firstly I thought GTE would be more popular than LMP1H so that’s why there’s more spots
-The tracks are in no particular order I’m just listing ones that would be the best to use.
-With the liveries it’s just to make it realistic with all the WEC liveries and numbers so nobody uses the same number. But we can always change it and add others depending on people’s choices.
-With the Audi I just thought it was for Le Mans. Didn’t know it would work for any other track. Plus it may not be fair if they use it for Monza for example compared to the people who use the Porsche or Toyota
I understand all this completely.

To try and explain the R18s (btw I don't know the exact numbers):
Say, for example, the 919 and TS050 have a downforce range of 0-10.
The Fuji-spec car has a range of 5-10, and the Le Mans car a range of 0-5.
This is the only difference to the others, it is just that with different front bodywork they are listed as 2 seperate cars in-game.
So as long as custom setups are allowed, their is no advantage or disadvantage to running the Audi.

BENJP12

S16 AOR XB1 F4 Champion
Mar 31, 2016
I understand all this completely.

To try and explain the R18s (btw I don't know the exact numbers):
Say, for example, the 919 and TS050 have a downforce range of 0-10.
The Fuji-spec car has a range of 5-10, and the Le Mans car a range of 0-5.
This is the only difference to the others, it is just that with different front bodywork they are listed as 2 seperate cars in-game.
So as long as custom setups are allowed, their is no advantage or disadvantage to running the Audi.
Of course custom setups will be allowed so either Audi is okay. It may not even matter if most people use the Porsche or the Toyota anyway

Ben Lowes

Formula Karter
Sep 3, 2018
Oh yea sorry I’m blind, I reckon Indy road over Barcelona, but it’s your choice I don’t really mind

BoblereN

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 10, 2016
I would be interested as well. The most important thing for me is on which dates the races are :)

EDIT: Mondays would be my preferred from the suggestions in the thread. Sunday is a no go for me.

BENJP12

S16 AOR XB1 F4 Champion
Mar 31, 2016
For it would only be Monday’s or Saturdays but I don’t even know how this is going to get started at the moment.
Actually remembered I can’t do Monday’s anymore

Ben Lowes

Formula Karter
Sep 3, 2018
For it would only be Monday’s or Saturdays but I don’t even know how this is going to get started at the moment.
Actually remembered I can’t do Monday’s anymore
Saturday works the best for me, and in general I reckon weekends are better