XB1 - [Wed 28th Aug] Azerbaijan 50% Social | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 [Wed 28th Aug] Azerbaijan 50% Social

miniminiman09

S17 AOR XB1 Assist League 1 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jun 16, 2018
Just a heads up I’ve had to do an Xbox update so make your on a little earlier in case you have to do one :p

KLID22

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 18, 2017
Actually I can race, got my timings all messed up

Puttyboy33

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 11, 2019
I know it’s a practice race but this is awful. I get blocked 2/3 of my runs in qualifying, ruining my start position. Nearly get killed on formation and start my race to approaching some sort of demolition derby in the first two corners. I know it’s a difficult track but this was pathetic, I expect better as we are practicing for a league race. Thanks two those who ruined my race and my time I gave up this evening

Reactions: AdammDudee

ClassicDelta

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 30, 2018
At least the F1 ESports series is on now so there's that to watch.
Sorry for once again rage quitting my hosted race lol. These social races really aggravate me at times. May be better if someone else hosts from now

Reactions: Docilediamond5

DICER46

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 21, 2019
That was quite bad, got rammed in the back at the start pushing me to last then when the safety car came out I got spun whilst slowing down. Hopefully next time it will be better

Reactions: Docilediamond5

Hydranockz

Formula 3 1st Driver
Sep 25, 2018
@ClassicDelta I want to apologise for what I believe was being the straw that broke the camel's back. 3 wide going into the last section was never going to work and I foolishly sandwiched myself between you and another car.

It was a weird race for sure. At least I could practice my VSC and SC restarts :/

XPOWER 89

Pro Karter
Mar 2, 2015
Did anyone experience lag? I did with a few ppl, for example @miniminiman09. Your car was jumping around on the straights when we were really close to eachother. Agree it was a very messy race...

DICER46

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 21, 2019
On Friday can people actually take the race seriously because I had multiple people try wipe me out to take my position and at the start I had someone T bone me just because they wanted to be annoying. I know I've already said about this it's just I wanted a nice race and everyone just slammed into me as no damage meant nothing bad happened to them and I just got my race ruined. Sorry for the rant I just thought the mid and back runners took nothing seriously.

maxen

S17 AOR XB1 F6 Champion
Oct 31, 2018
It's Baku. It's a narrow street circuit. It happens. Especially when you fill a lobby with people of different skill levels and varying pace. Some of the people complaining here also held me up or tripped me up in quali and the race, so it is what it is. Everyone should obviously try their best to drive their race and not hinder anyone else but this is a place where something is always likely to happen.

@ClassicDelta If you really don't want to host future races I don't mind stepping in next week but after that I'm likely to miss a few Wednesdays myself.

ClassicDelta

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 30, 2018
I'm going to turn damage on reduced or maybe even full for future socials to try and deter people from colliding with each other. I thought it being off would be beneficial for people for if they spin but it appears it's also having a negative effect by having people taking risks they normally wouldn't, as they won't lose a wing by making contact.

Also @Hydranockz it's okay it wasn't your fault really I was already frustrated with myself for making the mistakes that led to me falling down rapidly.

@XPOWER 89 the lag may have been to do with me streaming so if that was a problem for everyone let me know so I don't do it in future when hosting.

On a side note: a bit more courtesy from everyone wouldn't go amiss in quali, it's happened in most the social races this season. I understand wanting to have a gap infront of you but you have an entire out lap to make sure you have that gap, don't leave it to the last 2 corners to suddenly slow down and create the gap you need as people behind will catch you suddenly and have their laps ruined

P.s il keep hosting for now @maxen I just need to learn to stop getting mad about a race that has no bearing on anything lol