What should i do? | ApexOnlineRacing.com

What should i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRobinhx

Junior Karter
Sep 14, 2017
Hello. I was kicked out of F1 2017 F8 League PS4 because i have skipped 3 races without inform the adminstrator.

I was wondered what shoud i do now? Can i sign up on other racing games?

Michel--NL

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I was wondered what shoud i do now?
Ask @DON SILVA (PS4 coordinator). Send him a private message to ask what to do and explain why you have skipped three races without informing the coordinator ;)

https://apexonlineracing.com/commun...-f1-2017-leagues-season-14.24565/#post-419940
5.5 Blacklist:
The blacklist contains the names of drivers who have been removed from the leagues - either through accumulating 50 penalty points or 3 reprimands - and drivers who have left the leagues during an ongoing season with no good reason.

Having your name applied to the blacklist generally means you will not be allowed to rejoin the leagues in the future.

DON SILVA

Super Mod & PS4 F1 League Runner
Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
You're allowed to race on other games but not F1

Yammie916

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 20, 2016
If you can show you have changed your ways by racing other games and turn up consistently or inform co-ord when you can't attend they MAY re-consider your position in F1. The fact you are here asking shows a little remorse for disregarding the rules. I would imagine most people who don't turn up for several league races and get black listed don't appear back here on the forum either.

MrRobinhx

Junior Karter
Sep 14, 2017
OK. I understand. I can try other racing games for example Project Cars 2. I will show you that I will keep up with the leagues in the future. I want to play the F1 2017 in the future. And I will inform when I can not join in a race. I have not read the rules properly. I will read through them several times to understand the rules extra well.

DON SILVA

Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Ok. That means i am not be able to race F1 in the Future? I think i better wait until next season.
You are blacklisted from F1 meaning you're barred from the leagues indefinitely. You won't be back next season. Missing races to watch TV shows is a poor excuse considering we live in an era where you can pretty much watch everything on demand

Martijn2702

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 31, 2016
You are blacklisted from F1 meaning you're barred from the leagues indefinitely. You won't be back next season. Missing races to watch TV shows is a poor excuse considering we live in an era where you can pretty much watch everything on demand
Sorry, but you're just overdoing it. The blacklist should only be used for people who purposely disregard the rules and undermine the league. He missed three races for f*cks sake. It's not the end of the world.

People who are new to AOR might not know all the rules. I know everyone declares they read and understood them, but you know barely anyone actually reads them. This is a racing community. You should help new people a bit, and forgive them those small mistakes. Not kick them out of the community for petty things like this.

Of course he disregarded the rules in a way he should be kicked out of the current season. Otherwise it wouldn't be fair to others who get banned for the same reason. But putting someone on the blacklist for this is just ridiculous. Just let him enter next season...

DON SILVA

Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Sorry, but you're just overdoing it. The blacklist should only be used for people who purposely disregard the rules and undermine the league. He missed three races for f*cks sake. It's not the end of the world.

People who are new to AOR might not know all the rules. I know everyone declares they read and understood them, but you know barely anyone actually reads them. This is a racing community. You should help new people a bit, and forgive them those small mistakes. Not kick them out of the community for petty things like this.

Of course he disregarded the rules in a way he should be kicked out of the current season. Otherwise it wouldn't be fair to others who get banned for the same reason. But putting someone on the blacklist for this is just ridiculous. Just let him enter next season...
Rules are rules. Maybe people should read them more thoroughly when signing up. This rule has been around for ages. Anybody can miss three races but he ignored lobby invites to play other games, not just watch TV shows. In the eyes of his coordinator and myself, that just showed a lack of commitment to the league. We're not responsible for people not reading the rulebook.

Martijn2702

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 31, 2016
Rules are rules. Maybe people should read them more thoroughly when signing up. This rule has been around for ages. Anybody can miss three races but he ignored lobby invites to play other games, not just watch TV shows. In the eyes of his coordinator and myself, that just showed a lack of commitment to the league. We're not responsible for people not reading the rulebook.
Of course the rule is there. But it's important to know when to stick to it, and when to be a little bit lenient. See it as a football referee. You can stick to every rule, but you'll just end up killing the game.

Maybe he was unfamiliar with the rule that you have to let the coordinator know when you aren't going to make the race. If you're planning to watch and a TV-show, and the race only starts half an hour after the league race it makes perfect sense you ignore the invite.

Also, someone being online on XBOX or PS4 doesn't mean they are actually playing on their console.

Saying watching TV-shows isn't a legitimate reason to miss a race is kind of hypocrite. The leagues even have a couple of weeks where they don't race, because the league race time clashes with the real F1 race time (UK time).

Implementing the rules this way makes it look like AOR is becoming some kind of North-Korea. I'll stick to my words that AOR is a racing community, and helping others has always been an important point on this site. He has shown he didn't intent to disregard the rules, and deserves another chance next season.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Of course the rule is there. But it's important to know when to stick to it, and when to be a little bit lenient. See it as a football referee. You can stick to every rule, but you'll just end up killing the game.

Maybe he was unfamiliar with the rule that you have to let the coordinator know when you aren't going to make the race. If you're planning to watch and a TV-show, and the race only starts half an hour after the league race it makes perfect sense you ignore the invite.

Also, someone being online on XBOX or PS4 doesn't mean they are actually playing on their console.

Saying watching TV-shows isn't a legitimate reason to miss a race is kind of hypocrite. The leagues even have a couple of weeks where they don't race, because the league race time clashes with the real F1 race time (UK time).

Implementing the rules this way makes it look like AOR is becoming some kind of North-Korea. I'll stick to my words that AOR is a racing community, and helping others has always been an important point on this site. He has shown he didn't intent to disregard the rules, and deserves another chance next season.
Ignoring a scheduled race to watch TV is NOT the same thing as watching TV during a scheduled break in the season... so your point about 'hypocrisy' has just been rendered mute.
Those signing up, are expected to have read through the rules we've put in place, and are expected to adhere to them.
If they don't, they are potentially Blacklisted... as is the case here.
'Not knowing' info about a league you've just signed up for is not a reasonable excuse... and frankly it's laughable to use as one, considering how easy it is to just read through the rules put in place, and even ask questions if there are things not understood.

This is indeed a racing community based on helping other and having fun while racing, but helping others circumvent a rule because they couldn't be bothered to read up on said rule is asinine.

You don't like it, that's too bad... but it is the way it is.

DON SILVA

Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

I'm not having this debate with you. I've addressed your points in my previous post. I've said what I've had to say. If a driver doesn't read the rules (which are ALWAYS linked to sign-up threads) then they will be held accountable.

This is my final post on this matter and my decision stands so do the sensible thing and stop trying to get involved in a decision which has absolutely nothing to do with you.

Martijn2702

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 31, 2016
I'm not having this debate with you. I've addressed your points in my previous post. I've said what I've had to say. If a driver doesn't read the rules (which are ALWAYS linked to sign-up threads) then they will be held accountable.

This is my final post on this matter and my decision stands so do the sensible thing and stop trying to get involved in a decision which has absolutely nothing to do with you.
The last time I checked this was a forum where everyone is allowed to voice their opinion. Especially since this is in the "General Chat" area. If it was in the F1 area, I wouldn't have said anything. Since a) I don't read the threads, and b) I'm not part of those leagues. But since I feel you're treating this guy unfairly, I decided to say something about it. Nothing wrong with that.

Martijn2702

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 31, 2016
Ignoring a scheduled race to watch TV is NOT the same thing as watching TV during a scheduled break in the season... so your point about 'hypocrisy' has just been rendered mute.
Those signing up, are expected to have read through the rules we've put in place, and are expected to adhere to them.
If they don't, they are potentially Blacklisted... as is the case here.
'Not knowing' info about a league you've just signed up for is not a reasonable excuse... and frankly it's laughable to use as one, considering how easy it is to just read through the rules put in place, and even ask questions if there are things not understood.

This is indeed a racing community based on helping other and having fun while racing, but helping others circumvent a rule because they couldn't be bothered to read up on said rule is asinine.

You don't like it, that's too bad... but it is the way it is.
The word hypocrite might not have been 100% accurate. But how can you schedule breaks, so everyone is able to watch a TV-show. And at the same time say skipping a race to watch a TV-show is not a legitimate reason...

You're a coordinator. You spent time setting up leagues, and managing them. Because of all the effort you put into it. You probably think the least people can do when signing up, is read the bloody rules (or have to common courtesy to let it know when they're not going to make a race). But you know as well as I do, that they often don't. Maybe the F1 leagues have become to big to help individual people. But if someone opens a thread, where they explain breaking the rules wasn't their intention, and they pledge to obey the rules next season. How can you not give the guy a chance?

MrRobinhx

Junior Karter
Sep 14, 2017
I don't know what to say. This is just stupid. Why is nobody who has told me about this list. This list is just stupid. I'm new to this website and you treat like a damn asshole. I do not want to be on this trick list to begin with. You should have given me a warning, why have not you done that. He the administrator, he has not given me a warning at all. Have a chat with @washy03. Another thing you should do. Remove this rule from this website.

Martijn2702

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 31, 2016
I don't know what to say. This is just stupid. Why is nobody who has told me about this list. This list is just stupid. I'm new to this website and you treat like a damn asshole. I do not want to be on this trick list to begin with. You should have given me a warning, why have not you done that. He the administrator, he has not given me a warning at all. Have a chat with @washy03. Another thing you should do. Remove this rule from this website.
To be fair, the rule is a very good one. There are quite a lot of people who sign to leagues, get bored after two races, and never show up again. They need to be removed from the league to maintain high attendance, and give people who want to race, but didn't had a spot at first, a chance to participate. That's the reason the rule is there.

"5.4 Reprimand system:
While the race penalties and penalty points system are aimed at dealing with on-track issues, the reprimand system deals with issues that may occur off the track.

It's simple - if you receive 3 reprimands, you're out. Receiving 3 reprimands would also see you placed on the blacklist, meaning you will not be allowed to return to the leagues in the future.

You can receive a reprimand for the following:

● No-showing a race without giving prior notice to the League Coordinator
● Rage-quitting or deliberately crashing out of the session for no good reason (as specified in rule 3.4.1)
● Showing abusive behaviour towards another driver, either in the race lobby or on the forum"

In my opinion, he should have gotten three real reprimands (name tagged + reason). You can't say he should have read the rules, and realised he got three reprimands. That's just now how it works. Since I don't know whether he got any notice, I can't say anything else about it.

Last edited:

washy03

F1 Coordinator & Master of Parking the Bus
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
You were told watching Robot Wars on tv was not a valid reason when you announced it to the chat.

You continued to not attend without word after that.

At least 3 times you were online playing other games and ignored the invites.

At the start you had poor attendance but were at least informing us. So don’t act like you didn’t know you had to, as you were already demonstrating the expected behaviours.

So far this season you have only attended the total of 3 races. Two of them were the first 2...

If you had been active within the tier you would have noticed this unfold. The only reason you are kicking off now is because you have physically been put on the blacklist. If you hadn’t been you’d have continued not turning up oblivious.

I’m not saying anymore on the matter as we’ve already been over this to death.

MORETHANAMAZING

F1 Coordinator and Bottlejob Extraordinaire
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 1, 2014
That list has kept this league and website clean for years, removing the list will never happen, you are asked when signing up if you read the rules, you stated yes, your disrespect for the rule and your childish reaction currently is just making it easier to keep you on the list, you break a rule you pay the price, you've done this to yourself, nobody forced you to watch Robot Wars, nobody told you to play other games at 8 when the race starts, and i'm sure your coordinator would've mentioned it to you, that your excuse for missing races for a random t.v show is stupid and would mean a blacklisting, sorry dude you done this to yourself

Martijn2702

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 31, 2016
@FisiFan91 You probably have better things to do with your time, but can you please look whether these coordinators have done the right thing. Not going to say @MrRobinhx his behaviour was perfect, because as shown in this thread, it clearly wasn't. But in my opinion this all could've been prevented if they gave him a reprimand + the reason. Sometimes new guys need a bit of help to get used to the rules, and completely understand them. But I don't know to which degree informing people this way is a common thing in the F1 leagues (and if it did happen), and whether the coordinators are expected to do so. Asking you since the coordinators in this thread seem to have decided to agree with each other, and they're not going to alter their opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.