What should i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FisiFan91

AOR Admin
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
@FisiFan91 You probably have better things to do with your time, but can you please look whether these coordinators have done the right thing. Not going to say @MrRobinhx his behaviour was perfect, because as shown in this thread, it clearly wasn't. But in my opinion this all could've been prevented if they gave him a reprimand + the reason. Sometimes new guys need a bit of help to get used to the rules, and completely understand them. But I don't know to which degree informing people this way is a common thing in the F1 leagues (and if it did happen), and whether the coordinators are expected to do so. Asking you since the coordinators in this thread seem to have decided to agree with each other, and they're not going to alter their opinion.
I don't really know the specifics of how this was handled in this particular case, but from what it sounds like from @washy03 in his post above, @MrRobinhx was informing about his first few absences which must mean he knew that he should do that. Ideally drivers should be informed when they are given a reprimand yes, but it sounds like Washy at least on one occasion told him that his reason for missing the race was not valid. If he then after that was online playing other games on his account and ignoring the invites to race without saying anything, then that sounds pretty damning to me tbh, whether he had read the rules or not :/

MrRobinhx

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 14, 2017
I should have read the rules and accept the invite. I am a fucking idiot. To be honest i am new with the PS4 group chat. I want to finish the league no matter what. The Blacklist is just stupid. What kind Community is this anyway? When i first arrive at this website, i though this is a community. And right now, you all are mean to me. This is crap. I don't want to wait forever til play F1 again.

FisiFan91

AOR Admin
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I should have read the rules and accept the invite. I am a fucking idiot. To be honest i am new with the PS4 group chat. I want to finish the league no matter what. The Blacklist is just stupid. What kind Community is this anyway? When i first arrive at this website, i though this is a community. And right now, you all are mean to me. This is crap. I don't want to wait forever til play F1 again.
I can tell that you're keen to race again, but I don't think slating the community and the rules (which you indeed should have read) is the best way to gain our sympathy...

What you need to understand about league racing is that it is for drivers who can and want to race regularly. If you only want to treat the league races as something you jump into occasionally whenever you've got nothing better to do - which is what seems to have been the case here - then the league is not for you and you should stick to social races instead.

I don't know what the driver situation is atm in the league you were in, but purely because you seem kind of apologetic and very keen to race again (despite seemingly not having been particularly keen so far this season), I will make a case for you to potentially return as a reserve driver to start with in order to prove that you are committed to showing up every week. If you then manage to prove that, you could maybe get your proper main driver spot back. This will depend on the coordinators agreeing though, as they obviously know the details of the situation much better than me.

MrRobinhx

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 14, 2017
Ok. Thanks for the answer. Looks like i am not ready for leagues yet. I better stick with social races. I can do that.

FisiFan91

AOR Admin
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Ok. Thanks for the answer. Looks like i am not ready for leagues yet. I better stick with social races. I can do that.
That's okay. Socials are organised by our members in this forum on occasion, and you are free to try to set up ones yourself as well (in which case, pro tip: socials using the track that is next up on the league calendar usually has most chance of getting interest, since people also use them for practice). :)

xMinxG

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 1, 2016
hmm. A very controversial topic. Where's that CONTRIVERSAL fisi meme when you need it.
However. @Martijn2702 you made good points but as @DON SILVA said.....rules are rules.

DON SILVA

Super Mod & PS4 F1 League Runner
Staff Member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.