WRC(9) Leagues - Interest Thread

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
With the latest iteration of WRC games, WRC9, being released just over a week ago, on September 3rd, the developers of Kylotonn not only have added improvements to the physics and handling, but have also improved the multiplayer aspects of this well-known title.

One of the most notable improvements is the Clubs-feature, which’d allow groups of people to compete with each other, without having to resort to Time Trial challenges or championships. At first with the Clubs-feature being somewhat lacking of a few certain key-features, it seemed to be unfit to hold the professional league racing experiences Apex Online Racing (AOR) is known for.

However after multiple interactions with the developers there seems to be plans to improve upon the existing foundations for the Clubs-feature. This has reinforced our hope that someday we will be able to provide you with an official AOR WRC Rally Championship.

Instead of looking at what we currently can’t do, we are looking at what we can do, which is to provide alternative league racing experience in WRC9. One of many alternative leagues would be a rally series where a select few competitors would compete in a live streamed rally in the already existing lobbies of WRC9.

Now we are aware AOR has never ventured into WRC leagues before, so we’d like to first gauge whether or not the community would be interested in WRC leagues, or not. That is why I must ask you to answer the following question in a reply to this thread:

• Would you be interested in either participating or spectating AOR WRC leagues?
    • If so, would you rather participate or spectate? And why?
    • If not, why not?

I fully understand this is a more complicated question than you’re used to, but it helps us get a more detailed image of the different types of interests, as well document possible reasons as to why some people might not be interested.

I appreciate that you took your time reading through this thread, and if there are any questions regarding anything related to this thread, please do not hesitate to mention me. I will try to answer my mentions at least daily.

Yours Sincerely,

RSR SereneLogic (Lead DiRT Coordinator)

FusionJohn

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 25, 2020
I would participate yes but not spectate. I’m always too busy to kick back and watch something (even F1 these days sadly).

Faerge

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2017
Having played a fair bit of WRC8 (including a few top 100s for the esports qualifying rallies) and quite a bit of WRC9 since its release. I would honestly love to participate in WRC leagues, as it means I will get to actually drive WRC cars in an AOR league :)

DamianGC

Pro Karter
May 30, 2019
Would you be interested in either participating or spectating AOR WRC leagues?
  • If so, would you rather participate or spectate? And why?
  • If not, why not?
------------------------------------
Yes, both participating and spectating.
I like any kind of rally tournament with good rules. I might not have the time to follow it, but is a good addition to AOR leagues.

Reactions: Esharell

Esharell

Junior Karter
Jul 25, 2020
Same as DamianGC although I wasn't thinking about buying WRC9 :) If you run the league you can count on me because I love rallying and everything related to it.

Thuggy-G

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 11, 2020
I'd probably just watch if there's only going to be a few participants. I've never played WRC but I highly doubt I'd be competitive since I'm like midpack at best for the rookie championship on DR2. Also I won't watch if it requires me to get up earlier than usual :LOL:

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
I'd probably just watch if there's only going to be a few participants. I've never played WRC but I highly doubt I'd be competitive since I'm like midpack at best for the rookie championship on DR2. Also I won't watch if it requires me to get up earlier than usual :LOL:
Somewhere along the line the plan is to get big, so shouldnt be too little :p