X360 F1 - Season 9 Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

X360 F1 - Season 9 Main Thread

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Driver Update:

- @Martin Štefanko [MartinStefikCZ] has joined the F1 League and will fill the final spot in the Lotus car! Martin has previously raced in GP2 for the first half of season 7 under the name "Glaze CZ" where he proved to be very competitive, and based on recommendations from a current F1 driver I think he will fit in very well here.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Driver Update:

- Jambo and Minty have both pulled out for various reasons.

- @TRL Martin has returned to the F1 league and will fill one of the vacated spots in the Ferrari!

- The final spot will for the time being be reserved for @x M a t t y G to continue his commentated livestreams of the races as that seemed popular based on Germany, and more coverage of the league is always positive, especially in the situation where I'm currently unable to produce highlights. This also requires extra focus from everyone to keep the driving clean so hopefully that will be a positive.

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Havent posted on here in a while so i thought id let everyone know why i havent been around much recently, and tbh the simple fact is, ive fallen out of love with this game. it sounds stupid but i lost all motivation to practice, race or even just have fun on f1 2014. i just cant get over the fact that a games that had a really solid foundation to turn into something truly epic has ended up the way the series had. not a great reason/excuse i know but when you have no motivation for something its impossible to even attempt to do well. i was actually thinking of pulling out for the rest of the season and letting someone else take my place who truly deserved it. but then something strange happened. i decided to make a montage of my season 6 in F3, and it brought back all the great racing moments i had with leo, nillislukins, pritt, pelos etc and for the first time in a while i could feel the urge to actually want to play this game and not because i felt i had to but because i wanted to!! it also reminded me, as stupid as it may seem seeing as this is only a game at the end of the day, that i do deserve to be in f1 (im sure theyre others that may feel differently but oh well). to finish off i want to apologise for not really trying in recent months with any races and to let you know i will be back to my normal competitive late breaking self :p so yeah my season starts now!!

moon10002

F1 Champion
Jan 21, 2014
Havent posted on here in a while so i thought id let everyone know why i havent been around much recently, and tbh the simple fact is, ive fallen out of love with this game. it sounds stupid but i lost all motivation to practice, race or even just have fun on f1 2014. i just cant get over the fact that a games that had a really solid foundation to turn into something truly epic has ended up the way the series had. not a great reason/excuse i know but when you have no motivation for something its impossible to even attempt to do well. i was actually thinking of pulling out for the rest of the season and letting someone else take my place who truly deserved it. but then something strange happened. i decided to make a montage of my season 6 in F3, and it brought back all the great racing moments i had with leo, nillislukins, pritt, pelos etc and for the first time in a while i could feel the urge to actually want to play this game and not because i felt i had to but because i wanted to!! it also reminded me, as stupid as it may seem seeing as this is only a game at the end of the day, that i do deserve to be in f1 (im sure theyre others that may feel differently but oh well). to finish off i want to apologise for not really trying in recent months with any races and to let you know i will be back to my normal competitive late breaking self :p so yeah my season starts now!!
I may use that as a reason to when i have a bad result down in F3!! :p

Philzinite

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 19, 2015
@TRL Limitless for a possible resolution for your connection issues:

Call BT and explain your issues & specifically ask for a replacement hub. About 2 weeks ago I started having connection issues and they sent me a new hub free of charge and so far its fixed my issues.

AOR Reversal

F1 Multiple Champion
Apr 12, 2014
Okay, my 360 is working again, hopefully it's holds out to the weekend, and I'll be able to race on Sunday for Brazil :)

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
just a quick update. Brazil will be my last race of the season since I'm flying back to france on Friday the 10th and I'm leaving my xbox in my Uni Room.So same situation as Christmas :)

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014

did post this is in general chat but i got a feeling i may get more feedback putting it here. as the title suggests its a preview to my AOR highlights but i want to know what you guys think of the editing and the overall finished product. what did you like about it?? what didnt you like about it?? planning on doing a massive season montage, may even include last season not to sure yet, but i just want to know what you guys would like to see etc

so yeah let me know guys!! good and bad!!

Cryo Lockdown

F1 Test Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Liked: the transition and the lighting effects, didn't really like the blurriness and too much zooming in. Besides that, I didn't see any AOR footage? :p

Cryo Lockdown

F1 Test Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Well since a few days have passed since the final race of the season, I think it's time to say a few things about my experiences and future plans!

First off I'd like to thank @FisiFan91 for promoting me to F1 after two races and giving me a chance to race with the best of AOR, F1 was the goal I wanted to reach, but I didn't expect it be reached that quick. Of course I got a bit 'lucky' that wheel users couldn't compete with pad users, thus freeing up some places. On the other hand it sucked because ideally you'd want to race against both wheel and pad users!

My first race at Bahrain started off with a freezing xbox during quali, and this wasn't my only misfortune with regards to lagging out/freezing xboxes etc. In the race I managed to actually work my way up through the field and even though I struggled big time with the handling of this game, it gave me a bit of hope for the rest of the season. However, I knew that my pace would drop, because from China till Canada I'd be racing tracks that I'm generally not strong at.

Those races went as expected, was battling with the lower half of the field, struggling to score points. A failed qualifying lap around Spain actually gave me a qualifying ban for Monaco which didn't help either.

I had a few very dark races from Austria onward. It started off with my accident with @TRL Mazey and @Leoobot in Austria, and carried on to Silverstone where I had an incident with @ExTa at the end of L1, meaning I was over a minute behind the pack after L2. I was livestreaming at the time, so I decided to retire and give the audience something to watch.

But my dark period didn't stop there. After being pushed around a bit in Hockenheim (I felt like Grosjean 2012 :p) I was actually slowly getting towards a reasonable points finish again, and then I disconnected. This continued in Hungary where I also disconnected, although I cannot remember the position I was in.

Spa was the first race I was actually on the pace again, and even with the unfortunate disconnections I was heading for a P6/P7 finish. The race had to be rerun but I was confident that I could get another points finish, and managed to bring the car home in P6 :)

I couldn't continue this vibe though, because I was going to Austria for wintersport so I had to miss the two following races, Italy and Singapore. Unfortunately for me, these two races were poorly attended and it would've been the ideal opportunity to score points. I saw Reversal climbing up the points ladder and even Karthikeyan overtaking me and suddenly I found myself in P13 in the championship.

Now if there is one thing I didn't want, it was to be finishing in the bottom spaces of F1 with the chance of being relegated back to GP2 after sticking with this **** game mainly with the goal to still race in F1 for S10 on F1 2015.

Japan wasn't the ideal comeback though. I was struggling with stability and made the foolish mistake to run 11 wings on the rear for stability :dead: so even though my car felt lovely to drive, I was consistently slower than everyone else and was lucky to even bring the car home in P8. I was still hovering around P12 in the championship and decided to sweat my ass off for Austin.

I knew most people never really drove around Austin, and no one was really practicing for it, so I did 4 socials and plenty of laps around the track to be as prepared as possible to score some good points, and get back in the midfield of the championship again. I was fairly confident in a top 4 finish (or even a podium), but I never expected myself to take the win there! The last 8 laps with @brociek96 constantly pushing me were the most nerve wrecking moments of my league racing experience. The win suddenly put me ahead of @TRL Martin @iR3versal and the retired @Martin Štefanko.

@TRL Mazey wasn't too far ahead either, and I decided to end this season on a high and put my arrows on P8. Unfortunately for me I had real life obligations to fulfill when Brazil was to be raced, so I couldn't score any points at all. @iR3versal and @TRL Martin both had bad races and only @TRL Mazey scored some decent points, so I knew my P9 in the championship was pretty much secured. With a 8 points gap between Mazey and I I knew I needed an absolute peach of a last race to finish ahead of him.

Abu Dhabi came around ,and as you could've seen in my video I completely blew the chance of finishing P8 in the championship after probably the worst lap someone has ever done in AOR F1 :unsure: I saw myself finishing 9th in the championship, only 2 points behind Mazey!

Regardless of how I struggled with the game, I had a blast racing against all of you guys and I'd like to thank every single one of you. Considering I missed the first two races due to GP2, had 2 disconnections, missed 3 races due to real life and had to retire twice (grand total of 9 races not scoring any points by default, jesus) and still finishing P9 I think I cannot complain too much! Would've loved to take the fight to @TRL Ellis though ;)

With 1 pole, 2 fastest laps, 1 win and an overall 2nd in positions gained during the race I can look back satisfied at my rookie season in AOR F1, and I'm very much looking forward and motivated for S10 where my aim will be to finish in a higher position than I did this season :sneaky:

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Liked: the transition and the lighting effects, didn't really like the blurriness and too much zooming in. Besides that, I didn't see any AOR footage? :p
cheers!! i really liked blurry parts and zooming in, felt it went with the music. maybe il tone it down for the next one. you wouldnt have. im saving that for a proper full blown montage video, just wanted to get a feel for how the video would be recieved.

Jason97F1

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
So the season is over and that means only one thing: A slightly late ultra-long season review post :)

Going back to the start of the season I was very pleased to be back in F1 and my main aim was to just avoid being relegated (Achieved that haha) as most of the drivers were quicker than me on 2013.

My season started in Malaysia as I had to miss Australia and what a race it was. I qualified a strong 5th and the race was full of action as I was battling hard with @TRL Ellis , WRL Montoya and a couple of others but the result ended up being a bit disappointing with me coming home 9th after being held in the pits at my last stop when I came in on the same lap as Ellis.

The next race in Bahrain was the most exciting of the season after I had a fantastic battle with Ellis throughout the race. We must have been side-by-side out of turn 1 about 8 times, and I also came away with my best result in F1 with a 5th. The next 2 races in China and Spain played out similarly, with me taking a 4th and 5th after more battles with Ellis who I beat in China but lost out to in Spain.

Monaco was the race I had been looking forward too all season and after 3 top 5’s in the season already, I really thought I could win as it is my best track. After qualifying on the front row I set myself up well and when @TRL Limitless went in the wall at rascasse (Funniest moment of the season :sorry:) I thought it was on. But then everything blew up and I ended up 3rd, only 6 tenths off the win after @JACK 575 had penalties. I was really annoyed after that race, and I still am a bit, as I didn’t drive very well and had a great chance of a win, and I thought that would be my only chance all season (Little did I know….;)

Canada was a pretty standard race, finishing 4th after again starting from the front row, this time with Ellis when he got pole for the first Red Bull front row Lockout. In Austria I took my first pole of the season and the race was once again very enjoyable fighting at the front for a lot of it, while Silverstone saw my best result yet, a 2nd place after another great race.

The races in Germany and Hungary saw me drop off the pace slightly, ‘only’ picking up 5th and 6th place finishes but again they were enjoyable races so it didn't really matter. The race in Belgium ended in disaster with the mass disconnect after I had taken another pole and finished only a couple of seconds behind JD, only to find the race would have to be redone.

Italy was the scene of my first win in F1, something I never imagined would happen when I joined AOR back in January 2013. Yes, a lot of the great drivers from seasons gone by are not here anymore but everyone in this league is still exceptionally fast and amongst the best on the game so it can't be that easy! I followed up that win with 2 second places in Singapore and Japan, both times trying to chase down the leader in the second part of the race which I narrowly failed doing.

The re-run Spa race was next and I knew I stood a good chance of the win after the last race, but with JD in there it would never be easy. I took pole with an almost identical time as the last race and It was a tense race where I ended up being the chaser again, with Leobot the leader but his tyres were going to die. It went to the last sector of the last lap but I managed to pass him and take the win, and I think it tasted sweeter than in Italy as I had beaten JD in a straight fight. This result saw me safely in P3 in the championship and there was even a chance of the title although I would pretty much have to win all 3 remaining races and hope JD and Brociek didn't finish, which I obviously didn't want to happen as they were having their own exciting battle for the title.

USA was an off race as I expected after little practice, finishing 5th and a few tenths a lap off the pace. The next race in Brazil was the most tense I’ve ever had, a race long battle with JD which ended with me narrowly winning. We were never more than 2 seconds apart at any given point in the race and there was overtaking at least every other lap and it was completely clean, you can’t ask for much more than that. Ironically, even though I won the race I now had no chance of winning the championship as JD finished just behind.

All of a sudden the end was upon us, a battle for the title under the lights of Abu Dhabi… or maybe not after a pre-race agreement :( Anyway, I was looking to end a fantastic season on a high note and it was the last AOR race on the 360. It couldn’t have gone any better as I took a comfortable win, my 4th of the season. As for the title battle, even EA couldn’t have scripted what happened (Or did they?!). I think everyone felt sorry for JD as he did deserve to win but Brociek has showed he can take it to JD in a lot of races this season so a final congratulations to both of them for great seasons and I’m sure JD will come back stronger than ever for season 10 (And hopefully with better internet!).

To sum up my season, it couldn’t have gone any better. I felt I drove very well in most races, making hardly any mistakes and qualifying was a real strong point and that shows as I had the best average starting position of anyone this season. Weirdly, I also had exactly the same average race result with 3.5. Only 12 points from winning the title too when my aim was to not get relegated, not bad ;) Most of the races were really enjoyable as well (Bahrain and Brazil were the best but Monaco was exciting too just because of how crazy it was!) and I would say this has been my most enjoyable season out of the 5 I’ve done in AOR, so I have to thank everyone in the league for making the races exciting, even if the attendances dropped towards the end of the season.

As for the next season, I will be back, with my posting of stewards panels’ for corner cutting as I'm sure you will all be pleased to know ;) Surely the next game can't be any worse than 2014, and with next gen consoles there is plenty of potential for AOR to grow massively in numbers. If you've made it this far then please go and get something to eat as you must have been sitting here for days :p :yawn:

Of course, the last word has to go to @FisiFan91 , without you giving up hours and hours of your spare time to rebuild AOR after the unexpected website closure of ARL we wouldn't have these amazing races week in week out so a massive thank you for doing all the many great things you do, and I really hope for your sake that on the next game the wheel/pad issue is fixed so you can come back to racing with us in F1! And that’s it! Until next season, over and out!

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
@I Jason97F1 I Great read mate, and thanks for the nice words! I think you're one of those who managed to stay the most positive through a generally difficult season on F1 2014, and reading your review makes me happy! After all, what I want to see is people enjoying their time racing in AOR. Well done again on your 3rd place and 4 wins! :)

Reactions: Jason97F1

TRL Ellis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 19, 2014
So the season is over and that means only one thing: A slightly late ultra-long season review post :)

Going back to the start of the season I was very pleased to be back in F1 and my main aim was to just avoid being relegated (Achieved that haha) as most of the drivers were quicker than me on 2013.

My season started in Malaysia as I had to miss Australia and what a race it was. I qualified a strong 5th and the race was full of action as I was battling hard with @TRL Ellis , WRL Montoya and a couple of others but the result ended up being a bit disappointing with me coming home 9th after being held in the pits at my last stop when I came in on the same lap as Ellis.

The next race in Bahrain was the most exciting of the season after I had a fantastic battle with Ellis throughout the race. We must have been side-by-side out of turn 1 about 8 times, and I also came away with my best result in F1 with a 5th. The next 2 races in China and Spain played out similarly, with me taking a 4th and 5th after more battles with Ellis who I beat in China but lost out to in Spain.

Monaco was the race I had been looking forward too all season and after 3 top 5’s in the season already, I really thought I could win as it is my best track. After qualifying on the front row I set myself up well and when @TRL Limitless went in the wall at rascasse (Funniest moment of the season :sorry:) I thought it was on. But then everything blew up and I ended up 3rd, only 6 tenths off the win after @JACK 575 had penalties. I was really annoyed after that race, and I still am a bit, as I didn’t drive very well and had a great chance of a win, and I thought that would be my only chance all season (Little did I know….;)

Canada was a pretty standard race, finishing 4th after again starting from the front row, this time with Ellis when he got pole for the first Red Bull front row Lockout. In Austria I took my first pole of the season and the race was once again very enjoyable fighting at the front for a lot of it, while Silverstone saw my best result yet, a 2nd place after another great race.

The races in Germany and Hungary saw me drop off the pace slightly, ‘only’ picking up 5th and 6th place finishes but again they were enjoyable races so it didn't really matter. The race in Belgium ended in disaster with the mass disconnect after I had taken another pole and finished only a couple of seconds behind JD, only to find the race would have to be redone.

Italy was the scene of my first win in F1, something I never imagined would happen when I joined AOR back in January 2013. Yes, a lot of the great drivers from seasons gone by are not here anymore but everyone in this league is still exceptionally fast and amongst the best on the game so it can't be that easy! I followed up that win with 2 second places in Singapore and Japan, both times trying to chase down the leader in the second part of the race which I narrowly failed doing.

The re-run Spa race was next and I knew I stood a good chance of the win after the last race, but with JD in there it would never be easy. I took pole with an almost identical time as the last race and It was a tense race where I ended up being the chaser again, with Leobot the leader but his tyres were going to die. It went to the last sector of the last lap but I managed to pass him and take the win, and I think it tasted sweeter than in Italy as I had beaten JD in a straight fight. This result saw me safely in P3 in the championship and there was even a chance of the title although I would pretty much have to win all 3 remaining races and hope JD and Brociek didn't finish, which I obviously didn't want to happen as they were having their own exciting battle for the title.

USA was an off race as I expected after little practice, finishing 5th and a few tenths a lap off the pace. The next race in Brazil was the most tense I’ve ever had, a race long battle with JD which ended with me narrowly winning. We were never more than 2 seconds apart at any given point in the race and there was overtaking at least every other lap and it was completely clean, you can’t ask for much more than that. Ironically, even though I won the race I now had no chance of winning the championship as JD finished just behind.

All of a sudden the end was upon us, a battle for the title under the lights of Abu Dhabi… or maybe not after a pre-race agreement :( Anyway, I was looking to end a fantastic season on a high note and it was the last AOR race on the 360. It couldn’t have gone any better as I took a comfortable win, my 4th of the season. As for the title battle, even EA couldn’t have scripted what happened (Or did they?!). I think everyone felt sorry for JD as he did deserve to win but Brociek has showed he can take it to JD in a lot of races this season so a final congratulations to both of them for great seasons and I’m sure JD will come back stronger than ever for season 10 (And hopefully with better internet!).

To sum up my season, it couldn’t have gone any better. I felt I drove very well in most races, making hardly any mistakes and qualifying was a real strong point and that shows as I had the best average starting position of anyone this season. Weirdly, I also had exactly the same average race result with 3.5. Only 12 points from winning the title too when my aim was to not get relegated, not bad ;) Most of the races were really enjoyable as well (Bahrain and Brazil were the best but Monaco was exciting too just because of how crazy it was!) and I would say this has been my most enjoyable season out of the 5 I’ve done in AOR, so I have to thank everyone in the league for making the races exciting, even if the attendances dropped towards the end of the season.

As for the next season, I will be back, with my posting of stewards panels’ for corner cutting as I'm sure you will all be pleased to know ;) Surely the next game can't be any worse than 2014, and with next gen consoles there is plenty of potential for AOR to grow massively in numbers. If you've made it this far then please go and get something to eat as you must have been sitting here for days :p :yawn:

Of course, the last word has to go to @FisiFan91 , without you giving up hours and hours of your spare time to rebuild AOR after the unexpected website closure of ARL we wouldn't have these amazing races week in week out so a massive thank you for doing all the many great things you do, and I really hope for your sake that on the next game the wheel/pad issue is fixed so you can come back to racing with us in F1! And that’s it! Until next season, over and out!
JESUS this is nearly as long as some of my English essay's